Steve Bruce

Interesting though. Spoke to someone a week ago who works in the PL and who knows SB quite well. The view expressed was that SB always insisted  on being  in full control of all team matters and with DC micro-managing everything, he could see it end in tears.  He thought that the odds on SB staying a full season were not good. 

5 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Interesting though. Spoke to someone a week ago who works in the PL and who knows SB quite well. The view expressed was that SB always insisted  on being  in full control of all team matters and with DC micro-managing everything, he could see it end in tears.  He thought that the odds on SB staying a full season were not good. 

Lets hope they are wrong 

6 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

I don't buy the DC interfering in team affairs argument. He's always insisted previous managers have had more control than they, particularly Carlos, intimated publicly.

Considering Bruce was given assurances when he joined  and since  brought in a recruitment team and structure behind the scenes, would be very surprised, particularly as it seems negotiations with several free transfer targets seem to have been positive and reasonably straight forward. 

Just now, striker said:

I don't buy the DC interfering in team affairs argument. He's always insisted previous managers have had more control than they, particularly Carlos, intimated publicly.

Considering Bruce was given assurances when he joined  and since  brought in a recruitment team and structure behind the scenes, would be very surprised, particularly as it seems negotiations with several free transfer targets seem to have been positive and reasonably straight forward. 

Let’s hope you are right. I wonder if SB was warned that the soft embargo would be coming?

8 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

What evidence has anyone got of Chansiri meddling with team matters? It’s just speculation based on the fact we’re in a pickle. But none of this speculation was present when we were walking down Wembley way. You’d think the two blokes he sacked might have alluded to this sort of thing when they got their marching orders. 

Don’t get me wrong I know he’s had a lot of control in the recruitment side. And we’ve clearly seen mistakes made in that department. But perhaps he’s learnt from it, hence Bruce bringing his own blokes in. I hope it continues. 

But the stuff about chairman meddling in team affairs always pops up when there’s negativity around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Let’s hope you are right. I wonder if SB was warned that the soft embargo would be coming?

Isnt the soft Umbongo only in place because we havnt sent our books in yet ? 

3 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

I think someone posted how Bruce said he was prepared for a further embargo in the summer, but I might be wrong 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

So do I!

I'm sure Bruce knew the score as he's intimated and as I said in another thread the embargo is due to a technicality of late filing and not because there are issues in the accounts.... although the longer it goes, more conspiracies will occur. 

• Like 1

Guest Kameron
3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If by that you mean some muppets are posting b*llocks on Twitter, then I agree.

I don’t think he’s walked but Some sh it is about to leave the stick.

8 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

While I don't believe this some decisive action and communication from the club about stadium sales, embargoes, sales and contract offers would be more than welcome; if only to stop the endless twitter muppets from sh!t stirring

Where does its top though?

Wednesday commenting on every single rumour just to stop the rumour spreading?