George Hirst

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Why isn’t this non entity of a thread in non swfc news ?

Hes not a Wednesday player and hasn’t been for months so nothing to do with Wednesday

Did you read the OP? Clue: Bruce is the Wednesday Manager.

On 08/03/2019 at 07:53, dw_sheffwed said:

Just seen him his dad and another man walking into Hillsborough.

Are rumours true that Bruce wants him?

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:53, dw_sheffwed said:

Just seen him his dad and another man walking into Hillsborough.

Are rumours true that Bruce wants him?

Or you're just another in the long line of trolls...get a life FFS

Seriously...him and his stupid father can get tae fak...if Hirst senior had anything about him, he’d have got into media or something beyond football. 

For what I know, he’s only ever made an embarrassing video of him singing a song, hating on the blades..I don’t think he’s ever actually done a match coverage on Radio Sheffield, let alone appeared on Match of the day or comparative tv...unlike Shearer...who he was apparently better than...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Or you're just another in the long line of trolls...get a life FFS

Think that report was accurate he watched Wednesday v Palace pictures of them and Mark Bright were published after this.

1 hour ago, fatzooma said:

Seriously...him and his stupid father can get tae fak...if Hirst senior had anything about him, he’d have got into media or something beyond football. 

For what I know, he’s only ever made an embarrassing video of him singing a song, hating on the blades..I don’t think he’s ever actually done a match coverage on Radio Sheffield, let alone appeared on Match of the day or comparative tv...unlike Shearer...who he was apparently better than...

Sat next to pardew in the studio when we got relegated against palace.

• Haha 1

Still hating on a youngster, lifelong Wednesday fan, son of true club legend becouse he turned offer of a contract down ?! I would say good radiance, and lets turn our attention to next bunch of talent coming out of our title winning U-18's side.

• Thanks 1

We had a kid,Simmons when big Jack was here,scored over 40 goals in the reserves,went onto play for.......Lincoln United,even City werent interested,hes just a kid,hes done his thing,as kids do made a decision and moved on,so should we,its not as though theres not enough promising young footballers on the planet,or even sheffield,we just gotta find the next one.

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

We had a kid,Simmons when big Jack was here,scored over 40 goals in the reserves,went onto play for.......Lincoln United,even City werent interested,hes just a kid,hes done his thing,as kids do made a decision and moved on,so should we,its not as though theres not enough promising young footballers on the planet,or even sheffield,we just gotta find the next one.

QPR is where he went from us

3 hours ago, Ian said:

QPR is where he went from us

Signed for QPR for 80K just as JC left,then Venables,whod signed him left QPR and he struggled to get into the side and never managed a goal,had two unsuccessfull loans out to Cardiff & Exeter,then went on loan to Rotherham and scored 8 times and helped the millers avoid relegation,they paid 25K for him and he flopped,after 2 seasons he left for Lincoln city,where after a further unsuccessfull stint he quit football,later returning with Lincoln Utd,he was lightening quick,alas he couldnt trap a fart and his control skills were poor.

He was kept out of the england youth side by Tony Cottee if I recall correctly.

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I Will not knock the Lad he thought he was doing the right thing at the time ,I would take him back ,We all make mistakes .

He may yet come good, but a 20 year old striker who'd just scored two goals in 20 appearances in the Belgian second tier wouldn't be top of my summer shopping list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I Will not knock the Lad he thought he was doing the right thing at the time ,I would take him back ,We all make mistakes .

Based on his name I take it?

Made one brief senior appearance for us in the cup

Missed out on 12 months development 

Scores 2 in 20 playing in a parks league 

And you would take him back?