George Hirst

59 minutes ago, Triple O said:

You really are digging for all your worth now if you can see any sense in what you write here.

What does that even mean? 

In fact, what is your actual viewpoint here other than to criticise those who actually have one.

I presented you with my own argument about why I think Chansiri's conduct during the whole Hirst saga is worthy of criticism and the best you could come up with was a hilariously irrelevant quip about how I should've pointed out that what I stated wasn't actually fact but was merely an opinion.

The only opinion that I'm able to piece together from your posts here is that you don't think fans should criticise Chansiri - even, seemingly, when their criticism is clearly stated as being contingent upon another condition.

40 minutes ago, cowl said:

What does that even mean? 

In fact, what is your actual viewpoint here other than to criticise those who actually have one.

I presented you with my own argument about why I think Chansiri's conduct during the whole Hirst saga is worthy of criticism and the best you could come up with was a hilariously irrelevant quip about how I should've pointed out that what I stated wasn't actually fact but was merely an opinion.

The only opinion that I'm able to piece together from your posts here is that you don't think fans should criticise Chansiri - even, seemingly, when their criticism is clearly stated as being contingent upon another condition.

Continue digging if you wish (even if you don't know what I mean most others will)

FYI I have criticised Mr Chansiri for instance on Matchday pricing, corporate packages and his rant message etc previously. But I won't do it based on hearsay and rumour. 

So you are right I don't criticise where facts aren't known and that would include the Chairman and George because I don't know for fact if they have done anything underhand themselves. 

I think what this (and every other George f*cking Hirst thread) shows is that some people are so in camp Hirst because David scored a few goals nearly 30 years ago that they will believe anything. George Hirst is a prolific scorer at U20 level. He's done next to nothing at senior level for Sheffield Wednesday and for OHL. I can't say I've watched any of their games but he doesn't look anything special.

If his name was George Hunt or George Harris nobody would care about him. He was overhyped and is in the past. Maybe he'll come good. If so I'll be the first to say so but I don't think he will.

On ‎20‎.‎06‎.‎2019 at 00:27, TomtheOwl95 said:

I think what this (and every other George f*cking Hirst thread) shows is that some people are so in camp Hirst because David scored a few goals nearly 30 years ago that they will believe anything. George Hirst is a prolific scorer at U20 level. He's done next to nothing at senior level for Sheffield Wednesday and for OHL. I can't say I've watched any of their games but he doesn't look anything special.

If his name was George Hunt or George Harris nobody would care about him. He was overhyped and is in the past. Maybe he'll come good. If so I'll be the first to say so but I don't think he will.

"Scored a few goals nearly 30 years ago"

Can't see that being how most people would describe David Hirst's career at Hillsborough.

6 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Can't see that being how most people would describe David Hirst's career at Hillsborough.

Not being funny but when you're a post 2000 viewing Wednesday fan then you don't have anywhere nesr as much connection to players youve not seen. 

• Like 1

On 19/06/2019 at 14:51, room0035 said:

The club offered a deal to Hirst of a few thousand a week. At the same time the club was touting GH to league one club's for £10k a week loan fee.

his advisers got wind of this and asked for more money DC said no so GH advisers said he would not be signing the contracted offered.

Instead of sending him out on a 6 month loan to prove himself, The club sent him home for a season and prevented him playing any games for the club.

You've typed some bollyocks on here in the past but this garbage caps the lot :tango: he was offered the highest deal that a young player has ever been offered at SWFC and would then have been loaned out to gain match experience, he wanted a salary akin to what first teamers were on at the time and why would the club demand wages way beyond what they know L1/L2 clubs could afford when they did want him to go out on loan. 

Your best mates, grandads, sisters budgie who you got the info off either doesn't exist (probable) or is blatantly wrong.

Edited by toppOwl

On 20/06/2019 at 01:27, TomtheOwl95 said:

True, in our history we had bucketload of players scoring 40 goals at any level and especially getting picked for underage English squad.

I can't remember who scored nearly as many for any of our "young" teams. And our only player who played more then couple of games for any of England sides was Matt Hamshaw nearly 20 years ago.

Doesn't matter what his name is, fu*king this one would have always been a huge deal for me.

11 hours ago, ka58 said:

I accept it was a slightly flippant comment. I don't mean to take away from David Hirst's career. Like I've said in a few threads on here and on twitter, I didn't see him play in the flesh for Wednesday so my connection with him is through video and other people's say so. I do think however that has helped with my viewing of the George situation of last season.

32 minutes ago, malek said:

True, in our history we had bucketload of players scoring 40 goals at any level and especially getting picked for underage English squad.

I can't remember who scored nearly as many for any of our "young" teams. And our only player who played more then couple of games for any of England sides was Matt Hamshaw nearly 20 years ago.

Doesn't matter what his name is, fu*king this one would have always been a huge deal for me.

What's he done at first team level though?

Why isn't he in Italy with the U21's?

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

What's he done at first team level though?

Why isn't he in Italy with the U21's?

Bloody hell again, most of problems regarding him resigning was becouse he wasn't considered first team player.

Say whatever you want, but I would have rather try to develop his potential, then play cr*p we did instead.

6 minutes ago, malek said:

Bloody hell again, most of problems regarding him resigning was becouse he wasn't considered first team player.

Say whatever you want, but I would have rather try to develop his potential, then play cr*p we did instead.

You're missing the point. Regardless of whether the club was right or wrong, He isn't good enough.

Move on.

37 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

You're missing the point. Regardless of whether the club was right or wrong, He isn't good enough.

Move on.

I'm all for, lets forget he was ever here. He is not SWFC player any more. Remarkbabout him been not good enough was not needed.

The thing about the Hirst situation was at the time of the contract issue we had three fit strikers to keep us out of a relegation scrap. Joao, Nuhiu and Rhodes. Joao was at best hit and miss, Nuhiu had shown very little but tbf usually only got chucked on in the last 10 or so minutes and Rhodes looked devoid of any confidence or ability. 

Not a good pool to pick from yet DC banned Hirst from playing for us in what boils down to a contract issue. As far as we know the lad was never involved in any disciplinary trouble, we are lead to believe that he just wanted £X and the club wouldn’t pay it.  

I assume the above contract situation is very common place in football but I’m struggling to think of a player being banned from playing for it. I suppose it must happen with players being frozen out but not with the chairman coming out and publicly stating it. 

In all likelihood Hirst would not have made  any difference to our season back then but hand on heart could any Wednesdayite ever imagined the form that  Joao and Nuhiu produced to keep us up? If they and Rhodes had continued their previous form or got injured then we would have been in trouble. Who knows what Hirst would have done but to not have the option of even having him on the bench whilst we were paying his wages was a big mistake imo.