George Hirst

10 minutes ago, malek said:

2m was offer was reported by the club. 

Emanuelson was unfit to play football, and it was never likely he will help us on the pitch or earn us money in the future. It is not important where he played before.

Can't believe there is a single Wednesday fan who would defend signing of Emanuelson ?!

Both deals were catastrophic for Sheffield Wednesday.

Really? The club confirmed it received £2m offer for George Hirst - and that was £2m no strings? Any link to this information?

I'm not defending the signing of Urby, I'm pointing out that comparing offering him good money to be part of the first team has nothing to do with the contract offered to an academy player.

Sadly, they are the rules; we received no compensation for Hirst because he went abroad. Do you expect the club to hold a gun to his head until he signs? Do you expect the club to sell when there was, as far as I'm aware, no confirmed offer for Hirst - especially no confirmation the rumoured £2m from Leciester was actually £2m that we'd ever see?

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This link suggests the offer was £2m + add ons.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/transfer-talk/news/leicester-fail-with-new-bid-for-hirst_306124.html

Other links suggest £2m with no structure to the deal. On sky and other organisation that the offer was £2m.

Paper talk then? Also with absolutely zero idea how the deal - if any existed - was structured...

Imagine IF the paper talk was genuine and we found out that we accepted £2m for Hirst, but only £150k of that was upfront, the rest was based on highly unlikely outcomes, fans would be going off their nut for agreeing to such a poor deal! lol

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Sorry if anyone got ofended by my posts, but I wanted to share my views on situation. Won't post anything else regarding this topic.

Not at all mate, you're welcome to your views. I personally wouldn't be bashing the club I support without any shred of evidence that the information I'm using is actually correct and in full.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Paper talk then? Also with absolutely zero idea how the deal - if any existed - was structured...

Imagine IF the paper talk was genuine and we found out that we accepted £2m for Hirst, but only £150k of that was upfront, the rest was based on highly unlikely outcomes, fans would be going off their nut for agreeing to such a poor deal! lol

The offers for Hirst were the season before last, he was an up and coming and was scoring for fun in both youth and international youth football.

Premiership teams sweep up the best youth for a few million quid and 1 in 5 or 6 make it and they then make a killing.

The problem we had was we left it until the last minute to sit down and get a deal done, We should have offer him a deal the season before with an extension clause to cover the club, the contract could even have increase in value as he progressed, if he didn't sign it then we sell him. instead we left it to last season and offered him 'The best deal of his age group' but no one seems to know if this was a few hundred a week or a few thousand, he didn't sigh it for what ever reason then we prevented him from playing football at any level.

Can you imaging if we had done the same for all of the players with one year left on their contract last season, we would have been able to put a team out.

• Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

The offers for Hirst were the season before last, he was an up and coming and was scoring for fun in both youth and international youth football.

Premiership teams sweep up the best youth for a few million quid and 1 in 5 or 6 make it and they then make a killing.

The problem we had was we left it until the last minute to sit down and get a deal done, We should have offer him a deal the season before with an extension clause to cover the club, the contract could even have increase in value as he progressed, if he didn't sign it then we sell him. instead we left it to last season and offered him 'The best deal of his age group' but no one seems to know if this was a few hundred a week or a few thousand, he didn't sigh it for what ever reason then we prevented him from playing football at any level.

Can you imaging if we had done the same for all of the players with one year left on their contract last season, we would have been able to put a team out.

Last minute talks?

Get a deal done when the player won't sign the contract(s) offered to him? How do we do that then?

What offers did we actually receive?

Which Premier League club did he end up going to?

The problem is Hirst wanted more than we were prepared to pay him. Such is life, he exercised his right to move on at the end of his contract and sign a contract he was happy with. At the point talks had broken down, the club stopped his development which is the more than entitled to do also.

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Last minute talks? -why do we as a club always wait for the last 12 months before offer new deals

Get a deal done when the player won't sign the contract(s) offered to him? How do we do that then? - If the player does not sign a new contract sell him before the final year of his deal 

What offers did we actually receive? - Google Leicester city offer for George Hirst

Which Premier League club did he end up going to? - The club in Belgium is owned by Leicester City and is one of their feeder clubs 

The problem is Hirst wanted more than we were prepared to pay him. Such is life, he exercised his right to move on at the end of his contract and sign a contract he was happy with. At the point talks had broken down, the club stopped his development which is the more than entitled to do also. - Have the club ever in their history ever stopped a player from training or playing any form of football for turning down a contract offer, so what was different with this negotiations that the club decide a player who had been with them for nearly 10 years would be sent home and not allowed in the club to play games or even train? - this would also impact a tribunal fee if Hirst moved to another English club reducing what we could claim as development costs and likely progression.

Just my opinion, but if Leicester wanted Hirst they'd have got him a lot sooner.

Personally think his move was engineered by his Dad, through NP.

Don't believe for a second he'd have ended up there, of there was any real interest from the Prem.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why do we as a club always wait for the last 12 months before offer new deals

If the player does not sign a new contract sell him before the final year of his deal

Google Leicester city offer for George Hirst

The club in Belgium is owned by Leicester City and is one of their feeder clubs

Have the club ever in their history ever stopped a player from training or playing any form of football for turning down a contract offer, so what was different with this negotiations that the club decide a player who had been with them for nearly 10 years would be sent home and not allowed in the club to play games or even train? - this would also impact a tribunal fee if Hirst moved to another English club reducing what we could claim as development costs and likely progression.

1. Do we? What do other clubs, like Arsenal, do? Hirst was only 6 months into a 2 year contract wasn't he when talks were supposedly opened?

2. Sell him for less than we could potentially get via a tribunal? What if there are no offers on the table, sell him on eBay?

3. Have done. I see loads of tabloids/paper talk reporting clubs interested in the player. Also read we were in for Patrick Kluivert once, and that Michael Mols had signed. Turns out both were wrong.

4. So, he hasn't signed for a Premier League club then?

5. Maybe the club knew he was going to a club overseas and were getting nowt anyway? I'm not aware of any other youth player rejecting a contract and being banished from the club, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it has happened at clubs up and down the country. I do remember Richard Wood refusing to sign a new deal, stripped of his captaincy, and thrown under the bus. His career seemed to go the same way as young Hirst's is heading...

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Just my opinion, but if Leicester wanted Hirst they'd have got him a lot sooner.

Personally think his move was engineered by his Dad, through NP.

Don't believe for a second he'd have ended up there, of there was any real interest from the Prem.

This. The tribunal fee would have been peanuts to a Premier League club, yet Hirst ended up at some 4 bob Belgium Division 2 club, struggling for game time and goals, and a million miles away from Brendan Rodgers' thoughts over in LE2.

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Get a deal done when the player won't sign the contract(s) offered to him? How do we do that then? - If the player does not sign a new contract sell him before the final year of his deal 

Image result for its not rocket science cartoon

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

1. Do we? What do other clubs, like Arsenal, do? Hirst was only 6 months into a 2 year contract wasn't he when talks were supposedly opened?

2. Sell him for less than we could potentially get via a tribunal? What if there are no offers on the table, sell him on eBay?

3. Have done. I see loads of tabloids/paper talk reporting clubs interested in the player. Also read we were in for Patrick Kluivert once, and that Michael Mols had signed. Turns out both were wrong.

4. So, he hasn't signed for a Premier League club then?

5. Maybe the club knew he was going to a club overseas and were getting nowt anyway? I'm not aware of any other youth player rejecting a contract and being banished from the club, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it has happened at clubs up and down the country. I do remember Richard Wood refusing to sign a new deal, stripped of his captaincy, and thrown under the bus. His career seemed to go the same way as young Hirst's is heading...

See the source imageI give up

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is it time to close the George Hirst thread once and for all?

Sounds like a weird cliffhanger in an old school batman episode!!

Is this the end of the end of the george hirst thread?

Will the joker get his revenge?

Who is the Penguin???

Stay tuned Bat fans 

• Haha 6