George Hirst

Buxton gent laid it all bare on the main George Hirst thread over a year ago when he explained that even before the whole thing blew up in public DH at a dinner one night had said to his entire table that "George would not be renewing his contract with Wednesday if he had anything to do with it" or words to that effect.

Whatever the situation was, it happened before Chansiri slapped the ban on him playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely George Hirst should be knocking on the door of making his first team appearance not kicking rocks in some third rate Belgium club.

The sad side of youth football how how young lads are used.  

Youth football should be better controlled by the authorities with strict guidelines on how young players are "traded" etc.  Needs looking at urgently. 

Those revelling in the fact that Hirst is struggling in the Belgian 2nd division should take stock of the fact that this may actually prove that he made the right decision.....football history is littered with examples of wonderkids who never actually kicked on and ended up on the scrap heap......there's no guarantee that by staying with us he'd have faired any better, in which case his decision to make himself fairly financially secure for life would seem to be a reasonable on 

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

Those revelling in the fact that Hirst is struggling in the Belgian 2nd division should take stock of the fact that this may actually prove that he made the right decision.....football history is littered with examples of wonderkids who never actually kicked on and ended up on the scrap heap......there's no guarantee that by staying with us he'd have faired any better, in which case his decision to make himself fairly financially secure for life would seem to be a reasonable on 

True, although moving to a club in this country and then/or going on loan to L1/L2 might have made him financially secure and gave him enough decent experience to make a proper career out of it. 

Maybe the arśe end of Belgium will also give him that experience. Early days but not panning out too well so far.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Triple O said:

That's just rumour and hearsay.

You state it as though you know it to be true when that is impossible.

It's based on my interpretation of the events at the time, my reasoning for which is all laid out here:

Like any line of reasoning about things for which you can't be certain, if you're going about it honestly you take what information there is available and you try to arrive at some conclusion.

It'll be a probabilistic conclusion at best; persuasive for some, but not for others. Persuasive for me because when I put it side-by-side by other events during Chansiri's time as owner that have garnered considerable attention and criticism, an impression forms of the man. It's not particularly positive, in truth - though nor is it entirely negative.

• Like 1

I’ve never known anything like this..a youth player from years ago still gets a mention on a daily basis. 

If he had the ability of Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo, maybe I would understand. But he’s not scoring / playing in the Belgium lower leagues.  

22 minutes ago, cowl said:

It's based on my interpretation of the events at the time, my reasoning for which is all laid out here:

Like any line of reasoning about things for which you can't be certain, if you're going about it honestly you take what information there is available and you try to arrive at some conclusion.

It'll be a probabilistic conclusion at best; persuasive for some, but not for others. Persuasive for me because when I put it side-by-side by other events during Chansiri's time as owner that have garnered considerable attention and criticism, an impression forms of the man. It's not particularly positive, in truth - though nor is it entirely negative.

It would be bettet if you started with "My opinion is" in that case 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

I’ve never known anything like this..a youth player from years ago still gets a mention on a daily basis. 

If he had the ability of Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo, maybe I would understand. But he’s not scoring / playing in the Belgium lower leagues.  

But his name is Hirst so it figures he must be the second coming of Christ...:laugh:

44 minutes ago, Triple O said:

It would be bettet if you started with "My opinion is" in that case 

Thank you for your opinion. Though you should really have started it with "My opinion is".

Mind you, I suppose it's obvious that it is just your opinion and doesn't really need to be stated first.

15 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Go nuclear?!

What evidence do you have that this was the case? 2 sides to every story, maybe the club took a stance to a player dragging his heels in contract negotiations and when the player and his representatives took that badly they decided to take further action. 

As for it blowing up in his face and a lack of sentiment towards the club that served their family well over many years, the choice of club appears to have worked out pretty badly for the player. 

The club offered a deal to Hirst of a few thousand a week. At the same time the club was touting GH to league one club's for £10k a week loan fee.

his advisers got wind of this and asked for more money DC said no so GH advisers said he would not be signing the contracted offered.

Instead of sending him out on a 6 month loan to prove himself, The club sent him home for a season and prevented him playing any games for the club.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Thank you for your opinion. Though you should really have started it with "My opinion is".

Mind you, I suppose it's obvious that it is just your opinion and doesn't really need to be stated first.

Glad to have helped

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The club offered a deal to Hirst of a few thousand a week. At the same time the club was touting GH to league one club's for £10k a week loan fee.

his advisers got wind of this and asked for more money DC said no so GH advisers said he would not be signing the contracted offered.

Instead of sending him out on a 6 month loan to prove himself, The club sent him home for a season and prevented him playing any games for the club.

More to it than that, no one apart from those involved  knows 100% what happened even if they regularly had sausage rolls and beans with the Hirsts

Edited by steveger

47 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This is very doubtful as the average salary for a player in League One is between £1500 and £3000 a week. Asking £10,000 a week is way out any League One clubs budget

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

This is very doubtful as the average salary for a player in League One is between £1500 and £3000 a week. Asking £10,000 a week is way out any League One clubs budget

i used to work with a bloke whose brother was in the same under 23's team as GH by all accounts they were very good mates. I trust the information he gave me, as a lot nearer to the truth that some of the ITK on here.

But the things that surprised me the most, Hirst never came out and said anything when he left. he could have slagged the club and chairman off but didn't.

Maybe shows he does have an intention of one day wearing the blue and white for us.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Now in truth I probably don't know any more than you or the rest of the punters on here....but...I'm calling absolute horseshït on that statement.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

i used to work with a bloke whose brother was in the same under 23's team as GH by all accounts they were very good mates. I trust the information he gave me, as a lot nearer to the truth that some of the ITK on here.

But the things that surprised me the most, Hirst never came out and said anything when he left. he could have slagged the club and chairman off but didn't.

Maybe shows he does have an intention of one day wearing the blue and white for us.

Not ITK or would ever profess to be but surely common sense tells you that a £10k figure is complete fantasy for a league 1 club to pay for a loan of a player for a week.

The only thing stopping the Hirst's slagging the club off will be an Non-Disclosure agreement and no doe eyed fawning about coming back, This is the real world not some Mills and Boon novel, and the fact he's not good enough anyways put's that theory to bed.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

giphy (2).gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Prince said:

The only thing stopping the Hirst's slagging the club off will be an Non-Disclosure agreement and no doe eyed fawning about coming back, This is the real world not some Mills and Boon novel, and the fact he's not good enough anyways put's that theory to bed.

Would he be bound by a non-disclosure agreement for a contract he didn’t sign. Maybe he hasn’t said anything because it wouldn’t be in his interest to pick through events. I don’t think that would reflect well on him and his dad, or anyone involved.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Surpassed yourself with this one.

• Haha 1