George Hirst

2 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

The way he left leaves a bad taste,him and Claire turned their back on the club,

For me theres no excuses both knew what they were doing and cheated the people that nurtured and looked after them through thick and thin and to stab us in the back the way they both have,leaves me with no sentiment.

Good riddance to the pair of the little jumped up VVankers,they made their own bed.

LOYALTY is everything,in every walk of life

Did they?

Footballers aren't exactly renowned for their intelligence and common sense are they? Did you know what you were doing at 18/19 years of age, did any of us? I very much doubt it.

Suspect that he looked to his father for advice and took it. Unfortunately whilst as a player DEH had a few great years for us, it was over all too quickly because he got unlucky with injuries and didn't look after himself. Taking advice from a man who blew his own career was not the best move, and DEH's own motivations got in the way of what little judgement he had when advising his son.

Alan Shearer showed how to do it and his injuries were also bad.

The main reason for David Hirst's stalled career sadly was David Hirst and now he's stalled his own son's career. Whether or not it can be restarted is questionable.

For that reason I have sympathy for George, a young lad who relied on the one he probably looked up to the most for advice and was badly let down.

6 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

The way he left leaves a bad taste,him and Claire turned their back on the club,

For me theres no excuses both knew what they were doing and cheated the people that nurtured and looked after them through thick and thin and to stab us in the back the way they both have,leaves me with no sentiment.

Good riddance to the pair of the little jumped up VVankers,they made their own bed.

LOYALTY is everything,in every walk of life

Clubs show no loyalty to players so it's no surprise when players reciprocate....

7 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Did they?

Footballers aren't exactly renowned for their intelligence and common sense are they? Did you know what you were doing at 18/19 years of age, did any of us? I very much doubt it.

Suspect that he looked to his father for advice and took it. Unfortunately whilst as a player DEH had a few great years for us, it was over all too quickly because he got unlucky with injuries and didn't look after himself. Taking advice from a man who blew his own career was not the best move, and DEH's own motivations got in the way of what little judgement he had when advising his son.

Alan Shearer showed how to do it and his injuries were also bad.

The main reason for David Hirst's stalled career sadly was David Hirst and now he's stalled his own son's career. Whether or not it can be restarted is questionable.

For that reason I have sympathy for George, a young lad who relied on the one he probably looked up to the most for advice and was badly let down.

And the moral of this tale is to never work with close relatives.

When you get fired, you've still got to sit around the table together at Christmas.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

And the moral of this tale is to never work with close relatives.

When you get fired, you've still got to sit around the table together at Christmas.

I hope he makes it.

Christmas dinner that is.....

• Haha 2

We still allowed to mention him? :ph34r:

Captained the England u20s in the Toulan tournament last night and scored 2. Was a pretty strong squad, a lot of top 6 side youngsters, but they lost all 3 group games and this was a meaningless placement game. I'm not sure he even played in the other 3 games. I wonder if any championship sides will bring him back to England? 

Hard for youngsters to break through to be fair.

You need the support of senior pro's around you, to help you progress.

But at the same time, money is too high stakes that senior pro's are too protective of their squad postitons. 

Loans are probably the best way to prove yourself...and if you refuse to go on loan, then a career in obscurity probably awaits.

The next time we'll see him at Hillsborough will be in about 6 years time and he'll be coming off the bench for some lower league side in a third round FA Cup tie.

When his name gets announced there'll be a few people who'll reminisce about how good his dad was and a few more talking about how George had potential but never realised it.

The fact is he's lost 2 years of his career at such an important time, the first due to his wage demands at Hillsborough and the second in the pub league in Belgium where he has had a very poor goal return.

The lesson here? Just because somebody's dad is good at football, it doesn't mean he's going to be good too. 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

The next time we'll see him at Hillsborough will be in about 6 years time and he'll be coming off the bench for some lower league side in a third round FA Cup tie.

When his name gets announced there'll be a few people who'll reminisce about how good his dad was and a few more talking about how George had potential but never realised it.

The fact is he's lost 2 years of his career at such an important time, the first due to his wage demands at Hillsborough and the second in the pub league in Belgium where he has had a very poor goal return.

The lesson here? Just because somebody's dad is good at football, it doesn't mean he's going to be good too. 

Yeah but he was Eng U21. The next Rooney....

lol

• Haha 1