Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

This is just the latest dig from S2, just how they released stories about wanting injured Winnall and Lucas Joao. They had bo intention of coughing up for either but liked the reaction. 

I will enjoy their reaction to the vigorous pumpings they will get from the top sides next season.

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

This is just the latest dig from S2, just how they released stories about wanting injured Winnall and Lucas Joao. They had bo intention of coughing up for either but liked the reaction. 

I will enjoy their reaction to the vigorous pumpings they will get from the top sides next season.

100%...it's the Uber chav trying to be clever, he probably needs to think a bit more how he will use his very limited budget to help them, rather than score points over us

I'd gladly take £14m for FF. Doubt even with PL money they can afford him though. 

Just wishful thinking by the scrubbers, might have a bit of extra spending money for a season, but still can't afford to shop at Hillsborough.

More likely they will go for Powell on a free, which I'd be quite pleased about as we're linked and I'm not particularly keen. 

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If that’s true it’s very poor from the club. 

I agree to an extent but he’s 34 and he’s almost guaranteed to miss a few games a season through injury. I suspect the pay offer is a good one though to counteract the lack of security?

Guest gizowl

Sad little pigs, just got promoted and the only way they can steal some headlines is by involving us. LOL 

There's no way, knowing our FFP position, that Wilder will pay us for any player. No way on earth.

Being one of their own his prime concern would be to see us in bother rather than give us a massive hand in digging ourselves out of our hole by buying someone off us. 

He's happy to get our old players once they've moved on from S6 but he won't be signing anyone directly from us.

He'll probably try for Antonio first but FF won't be a United player unless he's moved somewhere else first.

2 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

100%...it's the Uber chav trying to be clever, he probably needs to think a bit more how he will use his very limited budget to help them, rather than score points over us

He can score all the points over us he wants for 14 million. In fact anything over 5 mill they can have him.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If that’s true it’s very poor from the club. 

Why?

He's 34 years old. And his injury record whilst been with us has been really poor for a goalkeeper. I keep saying it, but goalkeepers very rarely get injured. Westwood misses far too many games for a goalkeeper. 

He'll not be stopping for peanuts, and everybody knows we are in the process of cutting our cloth. 

I think it would be wholly reckless to offer Westwood anything other than a one year deal. 

If he can get a better deal (or more to the point, a longer deal) elsewhere, then fair enough. But we HAVE to learn our lessons from the past 2-3 years, and avert the risk of having big earners sat in the treatment room for season after season. And nobody can deny, that with Westwood, that is a very real concern. 

Wednesday fans need to get in the real world regarding transfer fees to PL clubs!

Last season Wolves paid Boro £20m for Traore and then proceeded to give him 7 first team starts.

Brentford have just told Norwich if they want Benrahma he’s theirs for £30m!!!

£14m should be the absolute minimum we should consider for FF!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, striker said:

More likely they will go for Powell on a free, which I'd be quite pleased about as we're linked and I'm not particularly keen. 

So you think Powell is likely to be targeted by PL clubs but you wouldn’t want him at S6? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Iorfa a reserve?  Ha ha ha 

I get he scored a few goals and became an instant hero but in all seriousness his defending is worrying at times. If Odubajo comes Iorfa won’t be first choice. 

Jordan Hugill available at West Ham, scored a decent amount for Preston that led to his move to the premier league but never really got a chance. See he made 37 appearances for Boro on loan last season which doesn’t look great on paper. 

Bruce could get him firing again in this league but I’m aware we’re top heavy on the striking department and he’s likely to command a fee albeit WHU are prepared to take a loss and he’s willing to take a wage cut. Was he a one season wonder at Preston I’m not sure