Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

13 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

He was great first half of the season but are his performances after Christmas really going to have made clubs willing to pay an eight-figure sum for him? His form turned very patchy, very quickly.

When the team was poor he stood out, mainly because of his wonder strikes, Once they dried up he was basically a passenger at times. Still, say he's better as an out and out left winger as he always puts in a decent cross when out there.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Its very rarely the choice though is it? Usually it’s the inverse, sign 8 average players or 4 higher quality ones. 

The more we bring in in the bigger the gamble. 5/6 I think is plenty to freshen up the squad and build upon what we have. 

The spine of the team is there and pretty much has been since the days of SG. 

It needs the right man to add the right players to take us to the next level.

Carlos came close before he lost the plot and signed expensive players that most would consider luxuries ie Abdi and Rhodes(to name but a few) whilst neglecting the areas that really needed addressing.

This time round we have a manager who is proven at this level, knows what he needs and can get them for very little outlay.

In Bruce we trust.

Sceptical about signing injury prone players like Odubajo and Powell. Quality players, obviously, but can we afford the risk? 

We need one or two central mids who can 40+ games a season.

As for right back, I think we’re more than good enough with Iorfa and Palmer signs. Unless Palmer is on the move, I’d never sign Odubajo 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

While I do agree, our transfer dealings should be in better hands now, with Bruce at the helm, you only have to look at what the Villa fans say about some of his dealings, to realise he too can make mistakes. Carlos made some good signings in year one, but lost the plot in year two. Probably Gray’s signings have been the best value for money. Even Jos has a pretty impressive CV, bringing in Michael Hector, an inspired move. To be honest, I agree with most of what you say, and I’m not too pessimistic at the moment. However, Steve Bruce says he’d like to bring in 5 or 6, and we will be targeting the development squads of the big six. That’s great, it’s exactly what we need. If we bring in Börner, Odubajo and Powell, plus step up the pursuit of Hector, then that would leave room for only one or two youngsters, one of whom surely need to be a left back. Guess what I’m saying, is either this is the scenario, or Bruce is actually planning a far bigger overhaul. Then we are into double figure recruitment again, which quite frankly isn’t needed Mistakes of the past, and all that

One other thing to consider is that the season is barely over, we haven’t signed anyone and all we have so far is some half baked rumours to go on (never mind the fact that we have no money to spend) so worrying and banging on about how it matches up to some alternate ideal reality doesn’t really seem worth it to me.

Also you’ve got the patented Guru summer abacus out way too early again. Totting up the various sources to then stick to a fixed number of players that we will be bringing in/moving out then judging everything by that. When does that number ever turn out to be the case as the transfer window develops. 

Its just way too early to fret.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Also you’ve got the patented Guru summer abacus out way too early again. Totting up the various sources to then stick to a fixed number of players that we will be bringing in/moving out then judging everything by that. When does that number ever turn out to be the case as the transfer window develops. 

Its just way too early to fret.

Leave him to it.  At this time of the year, I ignore everything he posts.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, Shezza said:

Sceptical about signing injury prone players like Odubajo and Powell. Quality players, obviously, but can we afford the risk? 

We need one or two central mids who can 40+ games a season.

As for right back, I think we’re more than good enough with Iorfa and Palmer signs. Unless Palmer is on the move, I’d never sign Odubajo 

Have a look on Brentford websites, their fans are gutted odubajo and barbet are leaving, Iorfa may not play full back unless in emergency, prefers centre half, or I think he'd be great playing the holding role in midfield, good at defending, quick, can go past a man, dangerous in attacking situations, corners, free kicks, our new carlton Palmer. You saw it here first. :biggrin:

Guest gizowl
15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

No Guru posts lots of sense but it’s too much needless worry for me at this time of year.

Correct, in SB we are in good hands, just finish by saying our forwards haven't been prolific over the last couple of seasons but more direct play at pace with better delivery into the box and our strikers could look totally different players. 

Nick Powell played 28 games last season, compare this with abdi, Matias, Jones and hooper  

odubajo played 35 games 

We don’t have many players who played more last season. 

Edited by hawksmore

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

Nick Powell played 28 games last season, compare this with abdi, Matias, Jones and hopper  

odubajo played 35 games 

We don’t have many players who played more last season. 

Don't care.

They once had an injury, therefore we don't want them at Wednesday.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Don't care.

They once had an injury, therefore we don't want them at Wednesday.

:duntmatter:

Aye, just like Steve Austin. That lad had a bad injury but they managed to patch him together again. His value actually went up after the injury and he had pace to burn. Not to mention his ability to spot a pass from a mile away. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, just like Steve Austin. That lad had a bad injury but they managed to patch him together again. His value actually went up after the injury and he had pace to burn. Not to mention his ability to spot a pass from a mile away. :ph34r:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-Finger-wwestalker.jpg

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Jason puncheon leaving palace, I’d have him on a 1 year deal, would give us a bit of pace. Not sure on his wages mind you 

Nooooo. Too old. I don't want us signing anyone over 30 this summer. 

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

While I do agree, our transfer dealings should be in better hands now, with Bruce at the helm, you only have to look at what the Villa fans say about some of his dealings, to realise he too can make mistakes. Carlos made some good signings in year one, but lost the plot in year two. Probably Gray’s signings have been the best value for money. Even Jos has a pretty impressive CV, bringing in Michael Hector, an inspired move. To be honest, I agree with most of what you say, and I’m not too pessimistic at the moment. However, Steve Bruce says he’d like to bring in 5 or 6, and we will be targeting the development squads of the big six. That’s great, it’s exactly what we need. If we bring in Börner, Odubajo and Powell, plus step up the pursuit of Hector, then that would leave room for only one or two youngsters, one of whom surely need to be a left back. Guess what I’m saying, is either this is the scenario, or Bruce is actually planning a far bigger overhaul. Then we are into double figure recruitment again, which quite frankly isn’t needed Mistakes of the past, and all that

not having a pop here so dont take it the wrong way, 

but what should we do then? seriously, what should we do? youve made various posts in this thread telling us the boss is doing it wrong, and i can tell by your pashun that you really believe it, 

you wanna do it dont you? you wanna choose.

in your head you would make a better fist of it. and anyone else, including Bruce, is doing it wrong?

your looking at it too deep and your not the only one on ere to do that.

the paranoia on this site for any player thats ever had an injury before is ridiculous. name me a player who is immune from injuries?

Shearers career would have been over before he set all his records if NUFC would have had this attitude. 

we could buy a player thats never been injured ever, but will break down in august and we'll never see him again, or we could buy someone like odubajo who may play 40 games.

its luck yet everyone is talking like its science.

dodgy injuries in the past or not, we only wanna use them for one good season anyway, and would upgrade upon promotion.

folk, especially you, need to chill out a bit and trust the boss that MAYBE he knows more about his own plans than you think he does. 

Players coming out of contract will either be injured or crap. The players we are linked with are good players and will do a good job if they sign. How many players go through a whole career without a bad injury, bet there are not many.

Don't forget we are not paying a transfer fee so less risk, we also don't know what contract length they will be on. There is still some on here that expect us to spend £m's that wont happen unless we sell a few players which may happen

I trust Bruce, he is already aware of the injury record and will have done his home work.

Powell, Odubajo  and the German lad will play far more games than Abdi, Jones, Boyd and Pudil