Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

10 minutes ago, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

Jordan Hugill available at West Ham, scored a decent amount for Preston that led to his move to the premier league but never really got a chance. See he made 37 appearances for Boro on loan last season which doesn’t look great on paper. 

Bruce could get him firing again in this league but I’m aware we’re top heavy on the striking department and he’s likely to command a fee albeit WHU are prepared to take a loss and he’s willing to take a wage cut. Was he a one season wonder at Preston I’m not sure 

Scored 43 goals in his entire league career starting at Port Vale in 2013, which includes spells at Gateshead, Hartlepool, and Tranmere. 

How much did West Ham pay for him? 

Just now, Rogers said:

Scored 43 goals in his entire league career starting at Port Vale in 2013, which includes spells at Gateshead, Hartlepool, and Tranmere. 

How much did West Ham pay for him? 

Could be wrong but I’m sure I saw £8m mentioned when they signed him

15 minutes ago, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

Jordan Hugill available at West Ham, scored a decent amount for Preston that led to his move to the premier league but never really got a chance. See he made 37 appearances for Boro on loan last season which doesn’t look great on paper. 

Bruce could get him firing again in this league but I’m aware we’re top heavy on the striking department and he’s likely to command a fee albeit WHU are prepared to take a loss and he’s willing to take a wage cut. Was he a one season wonder at Preston I’m not sure 

Not a patch on what we've already got

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 19owl08 said:

I get he scored a few goals and became an instant hero but in all seriousness his defending is worrying at times. If Odubajo comes Iorfa won’t be first choice. 

Before Odubajo had bad knee injury he was a tremendous prospect at full back. I thought he was easily best right back in Championship that season. Unfortunately injury scuppered his chance of capitalising on that in Premiership. I saw him play for Brentford against Leeds on TV and he played very well that day. I had seen him previously and thought injury had taken its toll. however when you have been out injured for a prolonged period it takes a while to get back up to speed. Its a strange one him being released it suggests all is not well  I read the article which talked about hip injury but definitely knee problem he had when first out. We just need to ensure contract is constructed in a way he is rewarded for playing games and is on a low weekly retainer. Odubajo can play left back as well as right and think its possible we go with 2 from 3 Iorfa, palmer and Odubajo with Penney other likely name in frame. Think Fox does not have pace SB likes at full back.

It's probably hogwash... but if certain parties saw him unlock the champions of the division's defence and create a wonder goal out of nothing (far from the first time).. then they might be thinking he'd be an asset at the right price.

Even premier League defences can't stop that type of goal...

3 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Lyle Taylor for Charlton looks decent (ex pig) shame he is wrong side of 20’s (29) as he looks a player!

True his age is a bit off putting.

i always remember when Bournemouth signed Wilson for £3m and being jealous we didn’t have that money at the time. Because that’s the sort of player we could do with now if Joao, Forestieri moves on (I mean a lower league young player on the rise)

Edited by Owls-Fan

52 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

If we sell FF for £14 million I'll hold my hands up and say that my idea of transfer values in this league has totally failed to keep up. Blimey.

At his best he is worth that sort of money as has that touch of quality most players can only dream of. With injury woes I think £14 million would be good price especially with him nearing 30. I would trust Bruce to spend any money available to him wisely.

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

True his age is a bit off putting.

i always remember when Bournemouth signed Wilson for £3m and being jealous we didn’t have that money at the time. Because that’s the sort of player we could do with now if Joao, Forestieri moves on 

Yes, there is no stand out striker of that quality, and age profile, in the lower leagues. There’s a few like Taylor, who have a bit of quality, but perhaps a little too old to step up. Also a few very young prospects, who might be worth taking a punt on for the future. Those are probably not yet ready, and if they are, they will be snapped up for big money by top flight clubs, who can afford to take that sort of a punt

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I don't think we need to worry about striking options for next season, we need to be looking at a midfielder, 2 wide players a centre back and a left back as a priority. 

I think we need to add a mobile centre forward to that list How many goals are scored in the championship by the striker running in behind

42 minutes ago, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

Always liked him. Can play the target man but has pace too

46 minutes ago, Quist said:

At his best he is worth that sort of money as has that touch of quality most players can only dream of. With injury woes I think £14 million would be good price especially with him nearing 30. I would trust Bruce to spend any money available to him wisely.

At his best absolutely he's worth that price, he's unplayable on his day - but he's played 35 league games in the last two seasons combined and scored 11 goals, so his best hasn't come all that often. I almost wonder if DC has one price tag for Premier League sides and another for Championship ones as we know Prem clubs have got far more resources to chuck around.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

At his best absolutely he's worth that price, he's unplayable on his day - but he's played 35 league games in the last two seasons combined and scored 11 goals, so his best hasn't come all that often. I almost wonder if DC has one price tag for Premier League sides and another for Championship ones as we know Prem clubs have got far more resources to chuck around.

That's not a bad ratio to say he's not been at his best.

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

So you think Powell is likely to be targeted by PL clubs but you wouldn’t want him at S6? 

No, but we're talking about the blunts! 

Type of cheap signing they like 

Edited by striker