Alan Nixon

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

He's been promoted from this league 4 times. More than any other manager. If he'll come here it's a no brainer. We won't do better.

Just another looking for a paycheck.on the merry go round No thanks. Dont want him. Do one bruce. 

Everyone is so desperate for jos to go anyone will do. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

A few problems with Bruce

a) looks like a dinner lady 

b) calls us Sheffield

c) villa fans were desperate to get rid

a positive 

a) he’s not Jos Luhukay 

Agreed but you can add to that.

Plays dour football.

Needs an open cheque book.

17 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I suspect if there’s any form of change at the top then it may be investment coming in alongside Chansiri. Not too dissimilar to what’s happened at Villa. Maybe why we can look at atttacting a manager like Bruce?

This would certainly be Best Case Scenario 

6 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

How much money did Bruce burn at Hull? Just curious if the rep of him holds up.

£11m on Hernandez, £7.5 m on Shane Long, £7m on Jelavic, £7m on Snodgrass, plus a few others added it up to £48m in total. That was only in the year 2014, but they were in the prem at that time.

9 minutes ago, Guvner said:

I bet there’s people in Thailand going around literally lagging in Tuna cans and still not getting fired in Chansiri’s factory’s 

What factory? I know its a joke but I don't understand why things like this come up time and again.

DC is a rich kid. He doesn't have a factory because his 2 most successful businesses are SWFC and D Taxis.

Bruce would be an excellent appointment and anyone who thinks otherwise needs their bumps feeling. 

I'd be staggered if he'd take the job. 

Got to assume we'd have to make some guarantees as to spending in the summer? 

10 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

To be fare to the chairman he does not have hindsight like we all wish we could have. He had a good cv of German football he has promotions on his cv and I always remember his Ausburg sides hard to beat.  It has all gone pete tong and he does have to go but I really do think dc had only our best interests at heart 

In Germany his win % was in the mid 40s. Last time I looked for us its around 37%. Which in the great scheme of things isn't bad.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Bruce would be an excellent appointment and anyone who thinks otherwise needs their bumps feeling. 

I'd be staggered if he'd take the job. 

Got to assume we'd have to make some guarantees as to spending in the summer? 

Yes it would,and yes they do.

Staggered doesn't even come close.

Would be a shot in the arm for the "we've got no money,he's closed his wallet,he hasn't got a clue" brigade wouldn't it.