Alan Nixon

If Bruce was to come in, then that would give me a degree of hope for the future. 

He's a very experienced manager and would do his due diligence and want certain guarantees before taking the job. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If Bruce was to come in, then that would give me a degree of hope for the future. 

He's a very experienced manager and would do his due diligence and want certain guarantees before taking the job. 

There lies the problem, I reckon dc wants to pull all the shots and bruce is no yes man.

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

2 diff opinions   I havent a clue which is correct    

He's on a season long loan to Norwich, with an option to buy at the end of the loan period.

Given he hardly figures and it looks as if they have a good chance of promotion, can't see them buying Rhodes.

Just now, nickswfc said:

Stuart Gray with Semedo as assistant 

I'm joking but I'd actually take that right now 

not ridiculous imo  except that would require DC to grow some and accept he dropped a clanger getting rid of a great coach 

Guest addedtime
9 minutes ago, steelowl said:

2 diff opinions   I havent a clue which is correct    

They are opinions. They are both correct.

Interesting thread.

Nixon gets his information about us from Doyen since they do not have as many links to us his info has dried up. he does have connections with bruce and his gang and information around him is usually very accurate.

Therefore quite certain story is true.

This is not an easy job for anybody and if Bruce did come it shows DC is prepared to put more funds into club. Advantage Bruce has over others appointed is he is in touch with football has good contacts and can get hold of players. He knows a decent player when he sees one. The big disadvantage last two incumbents had is they had been out of loop for a while and did not have anybody they knew who they could bring to club to improve side had to rely on Agents to dredge up rubbish. having said that Jos has not had much chance to bring in anybody. 

The only issue I see is that coaching has moved on significantly in last few years and many who were effective are now struggling. Only Warnock has shown he can adapt to new styles therefore if Bruce is appointed sincerely hope he has a younger assistant with him who can lboth bring fresh ideas to table and learn from Bruce and hopefully establish some sort of management continuity. 

Just now, Rodger Wylde II said:

Id compare what Stuart Gray did here with what Rafa Benitez has done at Newcastle for the past two seasons.

he is the type of guy I'd want but I suspect there is zero chance DC would ask and Gray would want to work under him again anyway 

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Interesting thread.

Nixon gets his information about us from Doyen since they do not have as many links to us his info has dried up. he does have connections with bruce and his gang and information around him is usually very accurate.

Therefore quite certain story is true.

This is not an easy job for anybody and if Bruce did come it shows DC is prepared to put more funds into club. Advantage Bruce has over others appointed is he is in touch with football has good contacts and can get hold of players. He knows a decent player when he sees one. The big disadvantage last two incumbents had is they had been out of loop for a while and did not have anybody they knew who they could bring to club to improve side had to rely on Agents to dredge up rubbish. having said that Jos has not had much chance to bring in anybody. 

The only issue I see is that coaching has moved on significantly in last few years and many who were effective are now struggling. Only Warnock has shown he can adapt to new styles therefore if Bruce is appointed sincerely hope he has a younger assistant with him who can lboth bring fresh ideas to table and learn from Bruce and hopefully establish some sort of management continuity. 

Wow. One step at a time eh?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, markowl said:

He's been on the bench for weeks.

Can't see them splashing a lot on a perma-sub.

Me neither. Seemed adamant it was a done deal though. Find out next month I guess, and if it was a done deal then early in the month too.