Alan Nixon

Whoever it is to become manager, Bruce, Jokanovic et al we might as well do the Owlstalk version on The Minority Report.

Our Pre - crap manager - unit would act on their future transgressions.

This way we don't have to go through months of angst, criticism and misery.

Just pre - sack them before they get the job to save time later. Simple

There are rumours of Bruce coming in and taking over, now I don’t think Bruce would be a good appointment at all BUT as long as we get rid of jos i would happily accept Bruce, at least we could then hope to get back to basics like joao upfront instead of this left wing rubbish,Reach on the left flank, penney left back,push Bannan higher up. 

Guest addedtime
5 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

He often does just say “bit in paper” if so ill be running to the shop . 

Yes, that's why I said it 

Would love someone like Jokanovic or even Bruce would be a massive improvement on Jos. I think we all know though that DC and his cronies will go for yet another unknown obscure manager we have never heard of and we will find ourselves in the same position we are currently in within a year or 2. 

Thing is with Bruce, it’s not just Bruce. He brings a team with him. Calderwood, Clemence etc. Just don’t think we’ve got the cash for it. 

As noted before, Nigel Pearson is the man for this job. Ticks all the boxes. Strange bloke at times, but needs must. 

Holloway would be my 2nd choice. Got the kind of personality we need, and reminds me of Sturrock. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Thing is with Bruce, it’s not just Bruce. He brings a team with him. Calderwood, Clemence etc. Just don’t think we’ve got the cash for it. 

As noted before, Nigel Pearson is the man for this job. Ticks all the boxes. Strange bloke at times, but needs must. 

Holloway would be my 2nd choice. Got the kind of personality we need, and reminds me of Sturrock. 

Pearson was party to the George Hirst debacle and rip off tho. No thanks. He has no interest in Weds whatsoever.

Just now, dfoster said:

Pearson was party to the George Hirst debacle and rip off tho. No thanks. He has no interest in Weds whatsoever.

I tend to think this is true. When I've heard him speak about us, seems very impartial, almost cold. To him we were just an employer, certainly hasn't taken to us like some other ex players who are now fans.

Twelve months or so ago most on here would’ve taken Bruce but there’s a general consensus that he failed at Villa where in truth he turned them into a side capable of getting promoted from the championship and almost succeeded?

As for the reputation of spending money, I don’t think he’s been able to be a cheque book manager at every club he’s been in charge of? I don’t remember him spunking a load of cash at Hull?

For me he would be the outstanding choice and I think in time he would have us back challenging. I would certainly in the short term expect him to get the best out of most players in this current squad.

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Twelve months or so ago most on here would’ve taken Bruce but there’s a general consensus that he failed at Villa where in truth he turned them into a side capable of getting promoted from the championship and almost succeeded?

As for the reputation of spending money, I don’t think he’s been able to be a cheque book manager at every club he’s been in charge of? I don’t remember him spunking a load of cash at Hull?

For me he would be the outstanding choice and I think in time he would have us back challenging. I would certainly in the short term expect him to get the best out of most players in this current squad.

Fair assessment