Alan Nixon

Just Remember Bruce was in charge when Villa were humiliated at S2 earlier this season, and look where Villa are now with the same players.

I hope to god old Alex Bruce has retired or i can see him being our 1st and only signing.

Bruce not for me. 

Edited by Marpals

Can’t be long now before Bruce denies any knowledge of talks or any interest in Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Ollie sits by the phone with his bag packed, and with a good understanding of all of our players, after studying and following us for weeks.

He’d love to share his plan for staying up and pushing on next season.

Deck the halls and bow to Ollie, tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

Sorry, forgot the lol

Edited by theowlsman

There’s no way Bruce is a Chansiri type appointment. For a lot of the reasons pointed out in this thread. 

I also think suggestions of talks with us will be used by Bruce and his reps to push interest from other clubs - like Reading and one or two others who might be thinking of him. A stalking horse. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

Had this thought myself. Wondered if he would resurrect the CC DOF role we initially apparently planned  with a young head coach, i.e. Paul Hurst.

CC as director of football would be another absolute car crash.

The current car crash that everyone is Blaming Jos for is largely because of CC and DCs comedy of errors. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

No one will get us promoted for the foreseeable but Bruce would definitely bring players such as Sam back into the team and he’d get them performing. Anyone who would be unhappy with Steve Bruce needs to give their head a wobble. 

This.

People want an English manager who knows the league and has a history of success.

Bruce is that man, and he's unemployed.

I would be confident of us staying up with him in charge and depending how we can wheeler dealer in the summer he could get us pushing up the table.

He is better than most options available right now, barring Jokanovic but he won't be interested. 

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Thing is with Bruce, it’s not just Bruce. He brings a team with him. Calderwood, Clemence etc. Just don’t think we’ve got the cash for it. 

As noted before, Nigel Pearson is the man for this job. Ticks all the boxes. Strange bloke at times, but needs must. 

Holloway would be my 2nd choice. Got the kind of personality we need, and reminds me of Sturrock. 

I’d take Holloway. We have got a good track record with charismatic managers. 

4 minutes ago, robswfc said:

34% currently. Lower if you remove cup games

His performance for us is his worst in his career.

Club Appointed In charge until Position Matches PPM
Sheffield Wednesday England Sheff Wed 17/18 (Jan 8, 2018)  expected -  Manager 46 1,30
VfB Stuttgart Germany VfB Stuttgart 16/17 (Jul 1, 2016)  16/17 (Sep 15, 2016)  Manager 5 1,80
Hertha BSC Germany Hertha BSC 12/13 (Jul 1, 2012)  14/15 (Feb 5, 2015)  Manager 92 1,53
FC Augsburg Germany FC Augsburg 08/09 (Apr 14, 2009)  11/12 (Jun 30, 2012)  Manager 122 1,61
Borussia Mönchengladbach Germany Bor. M'gladbach 06/07 (Jan 31, 2007)  08/09 (Oct 5, 2008)  Manager 60 1,42
Borussia Mönchengladbach Germany Bor. M'gladbach 06/07 (Jan 2, 2007)  06/07 (Jan 30, 2007)  Assistant Manager - -
Assistant Manager of: Jupp Heynckes (2 Games)
SC Paderborn 07 Germany SC Paderborn 05/06 (Jul 1, 2005)  06/07 (Aug 11, 2006)  Manager 32 1,31
1. FC Köln Germany 1. FC Köln 03/04 (Oct 31, 2003)  03/04 (Nov 1, 2003)  Caretaker Manager 1 -
1. FC Köln Germany 1. FC Köln 02/03 (Jul 1, 2002)  04/05 (Jun 30, 2005)  Assistant Manager - -
Assistant Manager of: Friedhelm Funkel (50 Games), Huub Stevens (36 Games), Marcel Koller (24 Games)
KFC Uerdingen 05 Germany KFC Uerdingen 00/01 (Jul 1, 2000)  01/02 (Jun 30, 2002)  Manager 74 1,49
SV Straelen Germany SV Straelen 98/99 (Jul 1, 1998)  99/00 (Jun 30, 2000)  Player-Coach 31 1,61

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Thing is with Bruce, it’s not just Bruce. He brings a team with him. Calderwood, Clemence etc. Just don’t think we’ve got the cash for it. 

As noted before, Nigel Pearson is the man for this job. Ticks all the boxes. Strange bloke at times, but needs must. 

Holloway would be my 2nd choice. Got the kind of personality we need, and reminds me of Sturrock. 

I’d take Holloway. We have got a good track record with charismatic managers. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

What the club clearly needs is someone with the experience and/or personality to shake things up and start rebuilding the club, both on and off the pitch. 

A Steve Bruce type figure could probably do that, assuming he was backed and properly supported by the owner. 

My thoughts exactly. An ambitious manager could well see us as a challenge of how to rebuild a team spirit and also how to rebuild the squad over the next year or so. And as mentioned, it's not just the manager, it's also the team he brings with him.

The problem is just that I don't know if DC can be trusted enough. His cold connection with anyone outside the inner circle is nothing to feel good about.