Alan Nixon

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Knowing Chansiri , we are more likely to end up with Ken Bruce .

I have got a Ken Bruce Christmas decoration on my desk in the office

Its a sign 

1 minute ago, trevdi9 said:

could bring his D I Y team and do the ground up  lol the big.big.bigger build

“In this episode we try and rebuild Hillsborough, a historic football ground. Every other week 30,000 suffer the indignity of watching 11 blokes attempt football, and it’s not made easy by the awful conditions the fans face, at one point they ran out of bovril and no hot water in the bogs, thousands of volunteers have offered services free of charge and we aim to finish in 9’days”  I can see this episode actually 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Bruce is very very interesting.

He doesn't strike me as a yes man.

Will want full control over who he can pick.

Will want his own staff.

Will want control over transfers.

Can Chansiri take a step back and let Bruce get on with what he does best, who knows, one thing I would suggest, if Bruce comes in, there is no room for Paxo.

Let’s face it, he needs to. I’d hope the model DC’s relies upon these past few years is about to get binned off in favour of a more traditional English football model - the one where the manager is the most important figure at the club. This may start to appeal to Chansiri as Bruce can take the flak if it goes wrong.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It appears he's finished with the players too, judging by their performances.

Another possible if not probable scenario is that JL has been advised his tenure is coming to a close and a new coach is coming in.  JL as an honourable man and knowing he is in his last job in football, may have agreed contrary to tradition to 'stay in post' until that happens...this may explain his reticence in the dugout over the past few games with Bullen taking a more visible role?

Excuse the ramblings of an old man....

If we were to appoint Bruce, it would be more short term thinking He’s never been successful anywhere without spending lots of money Sounds like DC is being advised by the same people who told him to sign all those, past it, name players

Given our current FFP standing can't think Bruce would come. If he did it would be on the basis of selling players to generate cash, so we'd definitely be losing some of our best players. We're in a relegation battle now and I'd rather see Megson back tbh. He'd be cheaper, provide passion and expect a lot more from the players than some seem prepared to give. Unfortunately he wouldn't last two weeks with DC as he wouldn't be the 'yes man' that is required, so no chance of this happening.

The inevitable change of manager timing is dependent on many variables:

• Current league position - still stable
  • Points safety total target - say 54 points, or 30 points from 25 games @ 1.2 points/game.
  • Games remaining - still plenty, for both Jos or a new manager to ensure safety.
  • Recent form - poor; bottom 6.
  • Players out and return dates - New year onwards.
  • Players not playing and their availability to any new manager - new manager might not be able to influence if it's contractual or DC's decision, which i don't suspect it is.
  • Availability of candidates - Bruce et al currently are, but are these our actual targets to match the club's direction over the next 3 years.

Jos achieved his brief last season IMO - he kept a very low-confidence team in the Championship. He was 'rewarded' by continuing this season. We actually don't even know the length or terms of his contract. What is his target this season - it's clear it can't be 'promotion or we're in trouble', as he would clearly say publicly that is not achievable. Interestingly, he has avoided saying anything on record about this until last Thursday's press conference, when he said fans need to be realistic and it's different to the previous years under CC. Maybe DC heard this and thought it's the final straw.

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we were to appoint Bruce, it would be more short term thinking He’s never been successful anywhere without spending lots of money Sounds like DC is being advised by the same people who told him to sign all those, past it, name players

We don’t know what conditions D.C. will be placing on a manager (if any), Bruce wouldn’t be my first choice, but knows how to get  out of the division. As I said the cull needs to include Bullen and the rest no sticking platers, this next appointment needs proper due diligence as it shapes the club for the next few seasons.

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Short term is fine, we’re not going anywhere in a hurry under this ownership.

What we need is an experienced manager in English football who will know who he should sell and who to snap up for less money. 

7 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Nah mate....before you jump the gun. 

Ask why Mick left Ipswitch first. 

He left the club without a job lined up. That says to me something else was going on behind the scenes. 

Think Mick left because we have probably spend more on Jordan Rhodes then Ipswich gave him in his whole time there. Yet the fans were still demanding more from him.  Would have never been relegated under Mick. Will be now.

Bruce would be fantastic and is the absolute best we could hope for

But I just can’t see him wanting to come here, why would you? And if DC was willing to pay top dollar than surely he would have done this first time round, instead of buying these European nobodies? 

Too good to he true unfortunately