Alan Nixon

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Twelve months or so ago most on here would’ve taken Bruce but there’s a general consensus that he failed at Villa where in truth he turned them into a side capable of getting promoted from the championship and almost succeeded?

As for the reputation of spending money, I don’t think he’s been able to be a cheque book manager at every club he’s been in charge of? I don’t remember him spunking a load of cash at Hull?

For me he would be the outstanding choice and I think in time he would have us back challenging. I would certainly in the short term expect him to get the best out of most players in this current squad.

Ticks a lot of boxes, experienced, knows the leagues inside out. A safe pair of hands and also good with recruitment.

I did wonder after the reading link went quiet whether we were interested.

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, swfcjam said:

Just says in the sun that we have met with Bruce already but haven’t yet decided to sack throw. Says reading are also interested in Bruce so we might want to be quick if we want him. 

Speaking to a potential new manager whilst still having one in charge? Can’t see it myself. DC has his ways but I doubt he’d do that and let it be known in public ?

Edited by WayneTheOwl

Just now, WayneTheOwl said:

Speaking to a potential new manager whilst still having one in charge? Can’t see it myself. DC has his ways but I doubt he’d do that.

Why because he’s always been so honest and transparent :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

We all deep down know, it could well be Carlos returning

I don’t see DC as a man who would admit he made a mistake getting rid of Carlos which it would like if he bought him back. Personally I don’t think it was a mistake getting rid, the mistake was bringing in Jos. 

As reported above, nothing story. Page 57 of The Sun. The Club have apparently met with Bruce’s team to discuss options, he is apparently interested, but the club have only met with him to gauge interest as they haven’t decided to sack Jos yet in case he can turn form around. Nothing to see here.

So, lets assume we’ve spoken to Bruce then....

We must have money for a new manager, and P&S is no obstacle in looking for a new manager, so let’s put that one to bed.

You don’t buy a car without ensuring you have money put away to one side to pay for fuel, tax, insurance, potential maintenance and repairs. Worth repeating.

2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Why because he’s always been so honest and transparent :ph34r:

Far from it. I just don’t think he’d do that. Whatever happens Jos needs sacking today. IF he wants Bruce then get on with it as he won’t be available for long. It would be just the change we need, finally appointing a manager with championship experience should be our No1 priority.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t see DC as a man who would admit he made a mistake getting rid of Carlos which it would like if he bought him back. Personally I don’t think it was a mistake getting rid, the mistake was bringing in Jos. 

Yes, but he didn't get rid of him.

Carlos was never sacked, he decided to go to his boyhood club Swansea.

32 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

A few problems with Bruce

a) looks like a dinner lady 

b) calls us Sheffield

c) villa fans were desperate to get rid

a positive 

a) he’s not Jos Luhukay 

That’s enough for me

get him in

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lemi_the_owl said:

It also says this in the article “The report adds that Bruce is interested in the post as long as he is given the funds to rebuild the squad with several players coming towards the end of their contracts at Hillsborough”. So that’s Bruce ruled out.

Unless he’s asking to reinvest revenue from players leaving in January.

Complete overhaul job?

And let’s face it, that’s what is needed. And I think I’d trust Bruce, if he got the job, to make a better fist of it than JL. Or anyone to make a better fist of it than JL to be honest.

Edited by theowlsman

4 minutes ago, Lemi_the_owl said:

As reported above, nothing story. Page 57 of The Sun. The Club have apparently met with Bruce’s team to discuss options, he is apparently interested, but the club have only met with him to gauge interest as they haven’t decided to sack Jos yet in case he can turn form around. Nothing to see here.

Well I think the last 2 months suggests that Lukuhay turning our form around is very unlikely indeed plus he’s finished in the fans eyes and when the relationship between manager and fans breaks down there’s only one outcome?

8 minutes ago, Lemi_the_owl said:

What a load of crap. Haven’t decided if we will sack him yet. The clown should have been sacked a long time ago. 

Guest Jack the Hat
9 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

To be fare to the chairman he does not have hindsight like we all wish we could have. He had a good cv of German football he has promotions on his cv and I always remember his Ausburg sides hard to beat.  It has all gone pete tong and he does have to go but I really do think dc had only our best interests at heart 

I agree. For a while I thought JL was goi g to be the man. Polar opposite of CC bringing much needed discipline . Also DC gave it a good go when he got here but has now run out of ideas. He just needs to admit he is out of his depth and seek advice from someone who can run a football club. It will be more enjoyable fir him as well. I still like him but he needs to be less stubborn in my opinion.