Alan Nixon

We had someone ready and waiting a few weeks ago who would have worked under difficult constraints, knew the division, gets the most out of the players, experienced and most likely interested in the job! 

Unfortunately big Mick now manages ROI! 

3 minutes ago, flash said:

We had someone ready and waiting a few weeks ago who would have worked under difficult constraints, knew the division, gets the most out of the players, experienced and most likely interested in the job! 

Unfortunately big Mick now manages ROI! 

Not sure he wanted a full time job. Can see him leaving the Ireland job in 2020 then calling it a day and retiring

43 minutes ago, darra said:

In Germany his win % was in the mid 40s. Last time I looked for us its around 37%. Which in the great scheme of things isn't bad.

I think you'll find that it currently sits at 28.6% in the league...for this season.  

This season, by the way, where out of 21 fixtures, has changed the formation 17 times.  

17!!!

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Suzuki_San said:

I think you'll find that it currently sits at 28.6% in the league...for this season.  

This season, by the way, where out of 21 fixtures, has changed the formation 17 times.  

17!!!

..which has made me soil myself 48 times. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We have to change something, so appointing Bruce would be, I suppose a change Definitely wouldn’t be my choice, seems to me like a Jordan Rhodes type managerial appointment

Bizarrely I would expect Bruce to get the best out of Rhodes but of course he's not currently part of our squad :luhukay::carlosswfc:

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We have to change something, so appointing Bruce would be, I suppose a change Definitely wouldn’t be my choice, seems to me like a Jordan Rhodes type managerial appointment

irony is he wanted rhodes for villa 

have we  pre sold rhodes or not to norwich btw?

52 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

“In this episode we try and rebuild Hillsborough, a historic football ground. Every other week 30,000 suffer the indignity of watching 11 blokes attempt football, and it’s not made easy by the awful conditions the fans face, at one point they ran out of bovril and no hot water in the bogs, thousands of volunteers have offered services free of charge and we aim to finish in 9’days”  I can see this episode actually 

I cant, is it on ifollow  iplayer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt_1 said:

How much money did Bruce burn at Hull? Just curious if the rep of him holds up.

This is what Bruce spent when Hull finished second in 2012/13...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hull-city/transfers/verein/3008/plus/0?saison_id=2012&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Still more than we’ll have and these are at five years ago prices, but not actually that much.

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

God although I want Jos out, I shudder at the thought of who will replace him.

write down ALL the names you can think of, then research the t'internet for ALL the names it can come up with, then forget them ALL as it will be someone nobody but his mother has heard of before.

WANTED 'compliant doormat'.

1 hour ago, keefdave said:

SHEFF WED. Bruce is the choice if they change boss. Been conversations. Only problem will be whether the budget appeals. So Luhukay is deffo under pressure now...

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Well if it is common knowledge that conversation have been had with Mrs Doubtfire then they need to do the decent thing and tell Jos his time is up. I wouldn't be bothered either if I was being undermined. No wonder the players are below par as they will no he is on borrowed time too.

Do the decent thing swfc and be upfront about the situation.

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Whilst Bruce wouldn’t be the worst choice I don’t think he would be the right fit for us. 

We need a manager with a bit of character, a manager that plays attacking football, the more I think about it the more I keep swaying towards Holloway. 

Exactly my thoughts...

Nixon wouldn’t release that out there if he didn’t think was strong chance of a change, it was common knowledge to the club that McCarthy would have been interested so there obviously some talking going on 

I said yesterday people would be surprised, I think Bruce will take the job here , isn’t my choice though