Alan Nixon

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Just been reading this thread...

How anyone can defend Jos or wants him to remain as our Manager needs to give their head a wobble. I’m telling you now - If he remains as our Manager, he will take us down. 

Fancy a charity bet? £50 days he stays and we survive, vs £50 saying he stays and we go down? 

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Dont want bruce, really really dont want bruce. 

Need a manager who can motivate big names, some of them overpaid mistakes... step up the man who couldn’t motivate his star player to come to training; ‘stating my gates broke’.

Never played again, I’ll just go break the transfer record and buy a new 10m plus striker! 

Yea he’s the one! Get him in. 

15 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Fancy a charity bet? £50 days he stays and we survive, vs £50 saying he stays and we go down? 

The stakes are about 8m that is why it's not something we can risk

Just now, mkowl said:

The stakes are about 8m that is why it's not something we can risk

I understand the stakes, I also understand how likely it is after removing emotion. So do the bookies which is why I’m certain no one takes my bet. But it won’t stop the ‘we’re doomed, certain to go down’ posts I keep reading. 

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maybe the bookies need to shake their heads then as @Bouncing Owl puts it. 7-1 seems fairly conclusive odds... not like them to be so wrong. 

I would say 7-1 is about right. Realistically, we are not that likely to go down but that is more about the shortcomings of other teams.

Edited by londonowl

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Banished not vanished. One of the senior players who has seemingly fallen out with Jos.

Auto correct, but same point. You’re no longer in and around squad yet you’re aware what chairman’s planning. 

If that’s true, no wonder half the team appear to have given up. 

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maybe the bookies need to shake their heads then as @Bouncing Owl puts it. 7-1 seems fairly conclusive odds... not like them to be so wrong. 

I’ve been to most games this season and we are lucky to have accumulated the points we have. We have been terrible. We should have seen the West Brom game out but there have been many others where we were so fortunate to pick up points.

This manager is right up there as the worst manager we’ve had over the last 25 years. There is no plan, no vision, no nothing. He has destroyed morale in the dressing room, he has destroyed player confidence on the pitch, there is no relationship with the fans. I’m totally confused with the constant meddling with tactics/formations and player selection. There is no consistency.

Ipswich look like they are down but there are 2 places up for grabs. We are going to be near that bottom 3 after our next 3 away games - Swansea, Baggies and Boro.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I understand the stakes, I also understand how likely it is after removing emotion. So do the bookies which is why I’m certain no one takes my bet. But it won’t stop the ‘we’re doomed, certain to go down’ posts I keep reading. 

Unfortunately the doomed we are going down posts are simply honest appraisals from the 90 minutes we are seeing.

And that Jos simply has no clue in how to halt the slide

But whilst no guarantees of course, a new fella with a bit of organisation, man management etc I think would restore confidence and a mid table finish fairly comfortable to achieve