Alan Nixon

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Well I think the last 2 months suggests that Lukuhay turning our form around is very unlikely indeed plus he’s finished in the fans eyes and when the relationship between manager and fans breaks down there’s only one outcome?

It appears he's finished with the players too, judging by their performances.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

If DC is actively looking at selling up as has been alluded to in other threads, can’t see why he would sack Jos if he has no intention of hanging around?

I suspect if there’s any form of change at the top then it may be investment coming in alongside Chansiri. Not too dissimilar to what’s happened at Villa. Maybe why we can look at atttacting a manager like Bruce?

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Unless he’s asking to reinvest revenue from players leaving in January.

Complete overhaul job?

Could well be, and we all know Bruce does like to spend, so if he does get appointed then we have to assume there is money to spend. Whether it be from sales or investment. I’m not entirely sure on Bruce myself, but one thing is for sure I trust him spending money far more than the regimes of the last few years.

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I agree. For a while I thought JL was goi g to be the man. Polar opposite of CC bringing much needed discipline . Also DC gave it a good go when he got here but has now run out of ideas. He just needs to admit he is out of his depth and seek advice from someone who can run a football club. It will be more enjoyable fir him as well. I still like him but he needs to be less stubborn in my opinion.

Chansiri knows nothing about football, but he knows that Bruce beat us at Wembley.

Talking to mates from Brum he sorted out 75% of Villa's problems too.

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Well I think the last 2 months suggests that Lukuhay turning our form around is very unlikely indeed plus he’s finished in the fans eyes and when the relationship between manager and fans breaks down there’s only one outcome?

Very true. I don’t agree with it myself either, just posting what has currently being reported. Jos has lost fans and players by the looks of it. But going on past experience we don’t move too quickly. But hey we could still be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Lemi_the_owl said:

Could well be, and we all know Bruce does like to spend, so if he does get appointed then we have to assume there is money to spend. Whether it be from sales or investment. I’m not entirely sure on Bruce myself, but one thing is for sure I trust him spending money far more than the regimeof the last few years.

No money so no Bruce. He won't do any job without money to burn.

Just now, Big Jack said:

Not sure about that, there will be some funds in the kitty when out of contract players released in the summer. Think this is what was eluded to in the report.

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

I’d be delighted with Bruce tbh

Anyone who saw the size of his hard on when he was talking about our support at Wembley will know he’d love a crack at the Wednesday job 

Yes having thought about it more, apart from the last few months at Villa Bruce’s record as manager is very strong. 

Lots of promotions and keeping teams up in the premier league. 

We’d be lucky to get someone like Bruce 

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

That’s pretty much what it says in the article, he will only take the job if he has the assurance that he will be able to spend money on players. Only time will tell if he does get appointed. Can’t see it myself. But stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Not sure about that, there will be some funds in the kitty when out of contract players released in the summer. Think this is what was eluded to in the report.

I think the finances are in a mess, get the feeling it's going to take more than one transfer window to resolve .

Just now, Lemi_the_owl said:

That’s pretty much what it says in the article, he will only take the job if he has the assurance that he will be able to spend money on players. Only time will tell if he does get appointed. Can’t see it myself. But stranger things have happened.

Tbf it’s a blank canvas for someone next season. Half the squad is out of contract. We have 3 saleable assets that could fetch decent money in FF, Reach and Bannan if needed. It’s a decent job

All we need to do is sack Jos and stay up then start afresh next year

• Thanks 1

Guest addedtime
12 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I’d be delighted with Bruce tbh

Anyone who saw the size of his hard on when he was talking about our support at Wembley will know he’d love a crack at the Wednesday job 

I couldn't take my eyes off it.