Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

59 minutes ago, marshy said:

Leeds . Trying for Danny batth at wolves. Hearing he's available. #wwfc #lufc

We should be in here.

Let em have him. The likes of Bartley; Hanley, Flint, Morrison, etc would be a significant step up in quality from the likes of Batth.

Batth wouldn't improve us. Arguably the others would give us something different and should improve us in some way.

Also by the sounds from the various links: we seem to be after a powerful centre back with heading ability plus good on the ball.

Always difficult to get so many fresh faces to gel. Personally I don't think its morally right to have a super agent involved in the ownership of a club but I guess we'll see how it pans out. They're certainty going for it.

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thing is, he's better now, and Wolves aren't even waiting until they get promoted 

Its a risky strategy, but in many ways, a less risky strategy than ours Him, Costa and Neves would be good players if they went up, meaning less upheaval If they don't, they will sell at a big profit We couldn't do that. Would I rather have done things their way? Yes, probably, adding those three to the likes of Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Lee etc, exciting

Wolves wouldn't attract any of these players, without Mendes pulling the strings.

It certainly seems like it's a superb strategy looking at it as simply as that. Bring in fantastic players, too good for the league they're in, more than good enough for the league above, and if it doesn't work, sell them for big bucks.

But, how much of that money will the club receive? They'll certainly be paying a huge whack out for the privilege of bringing in those players (to the selling clubs, in wages, and no doubt into Mendes' back pocket). And, how much will they receive when these players leave? I'm pretty certain, Mendes isn't at Wolves to make Wolves great again. He's using Wolves as a middle man. Any of his clients that need a platform to perform, he'll bring in. He'll make a huge amount in that initial transaction, and he'll make damn sure, that as soon as any genuine big club comes sniffing, nothing will stand in his way to move them on. 

It's a situation that really doesn't sit well with me. There is no way, that this sort of arrangement can be good for the game. And I would be very sceptical if it was Sheffield Wednesday in Wolves position. When Mendes gets bored, or sees another club more suitable to manipulate, he'll be off. And what will Wolves have to show for it? Granted potentially, they could be a Premier League club...but should that happen, they'll be left with a host of Mendes' pawns who'll he'll promptly move on to bigger, better, more lucrative clubs, and Wolves will be left with a void, with very little financial clout (relatively speaking) to repair it with.

29 minutes ago, marshy said:

Always difficult to get so many fresh faces to gel. Personally I don't think its morally right to have a super agent involved in the ownership of a club but I guess we'll see how it pans out. They're certainty going for it.

Not really been keeping up with their transfers (although noted few big names coming in) are these all in attack or are they looking at the defense too? 

23 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Wolves wouldn't attract any of these players, without Mendes pulling the strings.

It certainly seems like it's a superb strategy looking at it as simply as that. Bring in fantastic players, too good for the league they're in, more than good enough for the league above, and if it doesn't work, sell them for big bucks.

But, how much of that money will the club receive? They'll certainly be paying a huge whack out for the privilege of bringing in those players (to the selling clubs, in wages, and no doubt into Mendes' back pocket). And, how much will they receive when these players leave? I'm pretty certain, Mendes isn't at Wolves to make Wolves great again. He's using Wolves as a middle man. Any of his clients that need a platform to perform, he'll bring in. He'll make a huge amount in that initial transaction, and he'll make damn sure, that as soon as any genuine big club comes sniffing, nothing will stand in his way to move them on. 

It's a situation that really doesn't sit well with me. There is no way, that this sort of arrangement can be good for the game. And I would be very sceptical if it was Sheffield Wednesday in Wolves position. When Mendes gets bored, or sees another club more suitable to manipulate, he'll be off. And what will Wolves have to show for it? Granted potentially, they could be a Premier League club...but should that happen, they'll be left with a host of Mendes' pawns who'll he'll promptly move on to bigger, better, more lucrative clubs, and Wolves will be left with a void, with very little financial clout (relatively speaking) to repair it with.

Absolutely this 100%

14 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

12:55

MOKOTJO BECOMING A BEE

Brentford are close to signing FC Twente midfielder Kamohelo Mokotjo, according to Sky sources.

The 26-year-old is due in London to undergo a medical and finalise personal terms.

The ideal age to bring in a player. Are you listening Carlos? 

3 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

The ideal age to bring in a player. Are you listening Carlos? 

I'd rather focus on the players capability than their age. It's not as if carlos will be judged on next year or the year after. 

This year is all that matters. 

23 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

4m

Sheffield Utd have signed Fulham defender Richard Stearman. Club states a 'substantial' but undisclosed fee. #SUFC

He was shiite when he was just shiite, now he's old and shiite

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.