Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

9 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Are you saying things areNOTwhatTHEYseem then? 

No they are not.

The earth is flat.

However, ironically, this is how things seem, it is just we have been told otherwise.

(btw where did my thread go?)

25 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Doesn't matter how good your players are, all you need is a good team spirit.... 

This is what a pig fan at work reckons, they're team spirit will outshine our big signings. :tango:

Quick way to shut pigs up , offer them £10 profit for each point they are above us and vice versa in our favour .

I did this in my local and the Grunter said yes ok but I want 35 points start . 

10 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Quick way to shut pigs up , offer them £10 profit for each point they are above us and vice versa in our favour .

I did this in my local and the Grunter said yes ok but I want 35 points start . 

I've got £50 on Wednesday finishing 7 places above Utd with Rhodes scoring more than Sharp.

43 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

I've got £50 on Wednesday finishing 7 places above Utd with Rhodes scoring more than Sharp.

Sharp, like Rhodes, will find the championship is a lot tougher these days Footballs moved on since the days of Roy Race

Edited by gurujuan

38 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Scott Malone is a big loss to Fulham and a big plus for Huddersfield. 

Think they will have promised Sessegnon game time, so it's a good deal for them, but yes, I think they will miss him

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Sharp, like Rhodes, will find the championship is a lot tougher these days Footballs moved on since the days of Roy Race

Absolutely. Sharp's record in the championship is pretty much bang average - and the Championship is a different beast to the one he last played in.

Rhodes on the other hand - with a full pre-season, get him confident, play to his strengths - is as close as you can get to a guaranteed 15+ goal striker in this league. Yes, we paid a lot of money for him, but the lad is quality. He has been there, done it and his record speaks for itself.

I can't honestly believe some Wednesday fans think he has been a waste of money. Last season he was short of fitness and confidence, in a team that really didn't play to his strengths - so judge him this season where we will hopefully address the lack of creativity with Snodgrass and a fully fit Abd in behind.   

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think they will have promised Sessegnon game time, so it's a good deal for them, but yes, I think they will miss him

Sessegnon steals the headlines when he's on it. But Malone was one of the most consistent fullbacks I've seen. Absolute machine.

40 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Sessegnon steals the headlines when he's on it. But Malone was one of the most consistent fullbacks I've seen. Absolute machine.

Yep,  but the kid is some player, and probably needs to play For them to keep him at least

Edited by gurujuan

17 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Absolutely. Sharp's record in the championship is pretty much bang average - and the Championship is a different beast to the one he last played in.

Rhodes on the other hand - with a full pre-season, get him confident, play to his strengths - is as close as you can get to a guaranteed 15+ goal striker in this league. Yes, we paid a lot of money for him, but the lad is quality. He has been there, done it and his record speaks for itself.

I can't honestly believe some Wednesday fans think he has been a waste of money. Last season he was short of fitness and confidence, in a team that really didn't play to his strengths - so judge him this season where we will hopefully address the lack of creativity with Snodgrass and a fully fit Abd in behind.   

At the risk of sounding a bit like s few other posters... 15 goals from a player of his quality would be a disappointing return. Pre signing we would say he'd score 30, that changed to 20-25 after poor return (mainly due to lack of game time at Boro) now it's downgraded to 15? 

Winall would score 15 in hoping for a lot more from Rhodes! 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Crazy Wolves spending that much on one player. Seems like more and more teams in the championship are able to afford big big transfer fees. Going to be a tough league next season, wish we had bloody took our chances these past 2 seasons and gone up. 

5h1t or bust for wolves this year I think.

They'll potentially do a forest at this rate.

Reading manager Jaap Stam has confirmed that he is interested in signing Newcastle goalkeeper Karl Darlow.

Reports earlier this week linked Reading with a £5m move for Darlow as they look to replace Ali Al-Habsi this summer.

Al-Habsi has told Reading that he wants to leave the club and has been linked with a move to Saudi Arabia. He is thought to want to move closer to his family.

Newcastle want at least £5m for Darlow, who was their first choice for the majority of last season.

39 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

5h1t or bust for wolves this year I think.

They'll potentially do a forest at this rate.

I think there's more going on there than we know about, and it probably isn't healthy. The one thing they have in their favour though is that they've spent big money on players who will have a huge resale value. They will be able to double their money on the likes of Neves and Costa, and the super agent will make sure they are sold. Sadly, not many of our big money signings have any resale value whatsoever, apart from Forestieri and perhaps, Winnall. We would lose money on Rhodes, Reach, Abdi, Pudil, Jones, Joao and Matias

Guest Bagarri
31 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Nope, they've decided he's (Rhodes) useless and that's that!!! 

39 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He seems more of a winger to me 

Its the way Fulham play, both their full backs are quick, and are used almost as wingers He did play ahead of Malone on the occasions they were both selected. Fulham have pace all over their team, and I fancy them for one of the two automatic places. Hopefully, we'll get the other one