Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Popped in to see any rumours. 

People talking about sock draws. 

I'll pop back same time tomorrow. 

Sock draws; salad sauces, social media wee wee tail flashing and muck films have been the highlights of the summer this year and the highlights of the non mega thread :ph34r::ghoulguy::stuwinky:

A bit confused now Has Djourou signed, and did Carlos suggest that he was happy to only bring in the one centre back?

If he's fit and ready to go, I'd be happy with just Djourou, and then spend the big bucks on a new midfielder

Djourou, Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson and Pudil give us enough cover there We need someone who can help us dominate the midfield area, and thus control games better Our game is about keeping the ball and frustrating the opposition Often we do this by the skin of our teeth, hanging on because we can't get control of the midfield

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

A bit confused now Has Djourou signed, and did Carlos suggest that he was happy to only bring in the one centre back?

If he's fit and ready to go, I'd be happy with just Djourou, and then spend the big bucks on a new midfielder

Djourou, Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson and Pudil give us enough cover there We need someone who can help us dominate the midfield area, and thus control games better Our game is about keeping the ball and frustrating the opposition Often we do this by the skin of our teeth, hanging on because we can't get control of the midfield

If it's a choice of CB and Hutch in midfield or CM and Hutch in defense I'd hope we'd be taking advantage of the low fees being talked of for Irvine. Who else would we get for sub 2m in either position that's in their prime/on the up? 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Seen Howson say last night he's fairly certain CC doesn't plan on using Hutch at centre half so I'd hope we still another as Pudil is a better left back than he is centre back for me 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

My hope is that with the signing of Djourou we can use the money that was revealed at the meeting on a couple more midfielders. As you say a strong dominating midfielder and a pacy/creative wide player.  It sounds like we're still trying to get Mulgrew too. I wouldn't be surprised if we want to spend money on the central midfielder and try to loan a wide player again

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

If it's a choice of CB and Hutch in midfield or CM and Hutch in defense I'd hope we'd be taking advantage of the low fees being talked of for Irvine. Who else would we get for sub 2m in either position that's in their prime/on the up? 

I don't know, Irvine, or a similar type of player For me, the midfield isn't quite right, whichever permutation we try We have to keep the ball better

50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don't know, Irvine, or a similar type of player For me, the midfield isn't quite right, whichever permutation we try We have to keep the ball better

From reading Burton board they seem to think 1.5m clause in there. And based on existing madness in the prices quoted, that be great business. 

He is certainly a bit more athletic than what we have. Not sure whether his distribution and retention of the ball is there. But horses for courses. I'd love a player of his stature in the middle. 

He's gorra be havin a larf........... :duntmatter:

Blues made an offer for Flint at the beginning of the week, but Redknapp said he won’t pay over the odds.

Now, Bristol’s majority share holder Steve Lansdown has revealed his thoughts on the Blues target.

“The prices for players at the moment are high. So we’d expect a high price if he [Aden Flint] goes,” said Lansdown in an interview for BBC Points West shown late on Friday.

“I’d take £10m,” said Lansdown when asked whether he would accept that amount for the 28-year-old centre back.

The billionaire owner also explained his stance on youngster Joe Bryan, who they’re reluctant to sell to a Championship club.

“For Joe Bryan it would be a bit different. Joe’s a younger player. You know, if Joe was going to go anywhere it would have to be the Premier League.”

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

He's gorra be havin a larf........... :duntmatter:

Blues made an offer for Flint at the beginning of the week, but Redknapp said he won’t pay over the odds.

Now, Bristol’s majority share holder Steve Lansdown has revealed his thoughts on the Blues target.

“The prices for players at the moment are high. So we’d expect a high price if he [Aden Flint] goes,” said Lansdown in an interview for BBC Points West shown late on Friday.

“I’d take £10m,” said Lansdown when asked whether he would accept that amount for the 28-year-old centre back.

The billionaire owner also explained his stance on youngster Joe Bryan, who they’re reluctant to sell to a Championship club.

“For Joe Bryan it would be a bit different. Joe’s a younger player. You know, if Joe was going to go anywhere it would have to be the Premier League.”

Premier League, well they won't be going there with City, Birmingham or Bristol

15 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

They've got Alex Neil though. He couldn't manage my sock drawer.

I think he's not as bad as being made out. I suspect it'll take time for him to bed in and there'll be a hangover from Grayson leaving (which we need to take advantage of today) but Preston would be wise to stick with him, he's a young manager who's still learning but here's plenty of potential in there imo.

22 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Seen Howson say last night he's fairly certain CC doesn't plan on using Hutch at centre half so I'd hope we still another as Pudil is a better left back than he is centre back for me 

Great. In that case we need 2 CB's.