Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 minute ago, darklord said:

Substantial? Must be a 5 figure number

Fulham paid 2 million for him a couple of seasons back. Farmed him out last season to Wolves where he played half the games.

He used to be a 'decent' player but number 1 target?

3 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Fulham paid 2 million for him a couple of seasons back. Farmed him out last season to Wolves where he played half the games.

He used to be a 'decent' player but number 1 target?

For them, him being their number one target is about right.

:manager:

Leeds United are considering a surprise move for Sheffield Wednesdaymidfielder Almen Abdi, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Abdi endured a difficult first year at Wednesday after joining them from Watford last summer.

The Switzerland international made just 16 appearances for Wednesday last season, with only 11 of those coming as a starter.

5 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Leeds United are considering a surprise move for Sheffield Wednesdaymidfielder Almen Abdi, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Abdi endured a difficult first year at Wednesday after joining them from Watford last summer.

The Switzerland international made just 16 appearances for Wednesday last season, with only 11 of those coming as a starter.

HITC :manager:

I honestly think the pigs will struggle next year, they could stay up just  but pigs I know say Barnsley did okay so why can't they ?... barnsley had some decent players! however, when Barnsleys key players were sold at the end of the January window their form nosedived and I think they only won something like 2 more games!

For me there is no one at the lane that comes close to hourihane winnall or bree. 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wolves fans were slagging him off a lot last season. They seem to be quite happy he's going, don't think he's reached his potential and don't think he'd improve us. 

The last couple of times I've seen him he looked average at best. While a move might kick start his career again he wouldn't displace Lees or more importantly Loovens.

14:19

CISSE SET FOR FULHAM

Ibrahima Cisse is set to undergo a medical at Fulham ahead of a move from Standard Liege, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News HQ understands the 23-year-old former Belgium U21 international is in London after a deal was agreed between the clubs.

Sky sources reported back in January that Fulham were interested in Cisse and had two bids, the highest being £2.2m, rejected by the Belgian club.

3 minutes ago, Coyt said:

To be fair I don't think Stearman is a bad signing, plenty of experience at this level.

Hes the best they are gonna get as a newly promoted club who dont have alot of money to be fair, seeing as the game changing investment got lost in the post

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Not sure how close we are in respects of FFP but if it's a case of having to balance the books and to bring some further quality in, who do we sell?

We're hamstrung from signing pace up front cos we've got so many identical strikers. Crazy. Sell Winnall for 2.5m and try and get this Aboubakar in! 

12 minutes ago, Coyt said:

To be fair I don't think Stearman is a bad signing, plenty of experience at this level.

decent signing. Just seen a picture of him holding up their shirt. Still cant believe they are sponsored by Teletext holidays. does anyone use teletext nowadays!?!

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

12:55

MOKOTJO BECOMING A BEE

Brentford are close to signing FC Twente midfielder Kamohelo Mokotjo, according to Sky sources.

The 26-year-old is due in London to undergo a medical and finalise personal terms.

Guaranteed to be fantastic

Brentford know how to spot a player. Probably signing him for about £1.2million... Be worth at least £5 million in 12 months time. Wish we could spot cheap foreign talent with any sort of regularity

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Guaranteed to be fantastic

Brentford know how to spot a player. Probably signing him for about £1.2million... Be worth at least £5 million in 12 months time. Wish we could spot cheap foreign talent with any sort of regularity

We could. We just need to sign the Brentford and Peterborough scouts. :stuwinky:

Leeds United are reportedly keen on bringing in experienced Wolves defender Danny Batth, who is allowed to leave the club this summer, according to reputable source Dave Jenkins.

The 26-year-old defender is reportedly on Leeds boss Andreas Christiansen’s radar this summer after The Whites saw Kyle Bartley leave the club following the end of his loan deal, leaving Pontus Jansson in need of a centre-back partner.

Wolves themselves are possibly willing to let the former Sheffield Wednesday loanee go too, having agreed a deal to sign Porto defender Wily Boly on loan earlier in the week.