Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 minute ago, joelswfc said:

Nixon saying Forest want Michael Hector from Chelsea. I'd take him here in a heartbeat.

Was going to mention him the other week as a possible target for Championship clubs. Would like to think we'd be interested in him. 

50 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

5h1t or bust for wolves this year I think.

They'll potentially do a forest at this rate.

On paper they have one of the richest chairman / finance group in the league. Not sure on the 5hlt or bust. 

They are signing a lot of young up and coming players as well, with potential for sell on. 

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Its the way Fulham play, both their full backs are quick, and are used almost as wingers He did play ahead of Malone on the occasions they were both selected. Fulham have pace all over their team, and I fancy them for one of the two automatic places. Hopefully, we'll get the other one

I think they will need a tighter defence to get autos but they will be up there again. Cairney is key though 

13 minutes ago, Rogers said:

On paper they have one of the richest chairman / finance group in the league. Not sure on the 5hlt or bust. 

They are signing a lot of young up and coming players as well, with potential for sell on. 

So was forests..

Thinking ffp might do for them, and a few others at this rate.

24 minutes ago, Rogers said:

So have we but sooner or later FFP (for what its worth) will come in to play.

Middlesbrough are lining up a bid for Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle if they fail in their pursuit of Nottingham Forest’s Britt Assombalonga, according to a report.

The Sun claims that Garry Monk could turn his sights on the key Magpies man as he looks for a new forward to spearhead their upcoming Championship promotion campaign.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Middlesbrough are lining up a bid for Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle if they fail in their pursuit of Nottingham Forest’s Britt Assombalonga, according to a report.

The Sun claims that Garry Monk could turn his sights on the key Magpies man as he looks for a new forward to spearhead their upcoming Championship promotion campaign.

Newcastle are almost completely overhauling their promotion squad. I would like us to not only pursue Grant Hanley but to consider going for fellow Scot and winger Matt Ritchie, who looks like finding his first team chances limited by multiple impending arrivals and interest in several other wingers.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Newcastle are almost completely overhauling their promotion squad. I would like us to not only pursue Grant Hanley but to consider going for fellow Scot and winger Matt Ritchie, who looks like finding his first team chances limited by multiple impending arrivals and interest in several other wingers.

Hanley Im still not sold on, Richie id sell a kidney to have here

Ritchie will still be a key player for them surely? Like others have said he was Bournemouth's stand out performer the season before and many people were shocked he dropped back down to our league. Im pretty sure most bottom half Prem clubs would take him all day. Even if he wasn't in Newcastle's plans you'd imagine the price tag would be huge, didn't they pay about £8m for him? 

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Hanley Im still not sold on, Richie id sell a kidney to have here

Agree with both points. Ideally I would prefer Bartley, if we're in for him? But if not the likes of Hanley make sense. As we seem to be liking for a powerful, ball playing centre back with heading ability. I would love someone like Ritchie here, unsure whether or not he will be available or not and whether he will drop back down to the Championship again? But his first team opportunities look like being severely limited, as Newcastle seem to be near completely overhauling their promotion squad.

5 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Ritchie will still be a key player for them surely? Like others have said he was Bournemouth's stand out performer the season before and many people were shocked he dropped back down to our league. Im pretty sure most bottom half Prem clubs would take him all day. Even if he wasn't in Newcastle's plans you'd imagine the price tag would be huge, didn't they pay about £8m for him? 

You might be right but they're looking at bringing in a few midfielders and wingers. Hardly any of their promotion players will be left by the sounds of it or near the first 11. A loan move could be more of a possibility? Unsure whether he would be willing to drop down again or not? But he's worth pursuing has he's too good for this level. He might cost around the same amount as some of our other targets: Snodgrass; Ramirez, Burke and Lawrence, etc. Plus he's Scottish :ph34r:lol

08:17

LAMBERT TO PLYMOUTH?

Former England international Rickie Lambert has held talks with Plymouth Argyle over a transfer from Cardiff, according to the Plymouth Herald.

Lambert is available for a move but a stumbling block could be his £25,000-a-week wages.

Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed yesterday made the move to Carrow Road and Norwich City on a season long loan deal.
The 22 year old links up with the Championship side for much needed experience, and he will be hoping to play a big part in helping them challenge for promotion back to the Premier League.

Middlesbrough are ready to firm up their interest in Derby County defender Cyrus Christie.

It is being reported that Boro's search for a right back sees Christie as one of a number of targets.

Boro have missed out on bringing in Chris Gunter, who has signed a new contract at Reading.

It is understood Boro activated Gunter's release clause of £1m earlier this week but the Welsh international has extended his stay with the Royals.

Christie has a year to run on his contract at Derby and there is speculation surrounding his future.

2 minutes ago, Retford_Owl said:

Double announcement ..... my bad

Boyd & Clare New deal.

Another announcement later or maybe tomorrow morning 

Stick with me fella 

Tune in on Saturday afternoon for Retford Owls predictions for the first day of the England v South Africa test match. :columbo:

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

08:17

LAMBERT TO PLYMOUTH?

Former England international Rickie Lambert has held talks with Plymouth Argyle over a transfer from Cardiff, according to the Plymouth Herald.

Lambert is available for a move but a stumbling block could be his £25,000-a-week wages.

Nothing like a player that loves the game and it's not all about money