Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

7 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Not sure how close we are in respects of FFP but if it's a case of having to balance the books and to bring some further quality in, who do we sell?

If you listen to here, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially Rhodes, Reach, Pudil, Palmer, Nuhiu, Joao, Bannan etc etc :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, Bradshaw said:

Wolves are really going for it. It'll be a very interesting season.

They're not just signing expensive risky signings, they're signing proven players from the top European leagues.

Technically speaking Matias was a proven player from a top european league.

WTF:

18 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think with us only wanting 4-5 players in total we'll be waiting a bit to be honest. Some of the best deals, as we know, happen after the season has begun. The domino effect of moving players on and club's getting replacements makes others available. Like the pigs have done it's easy to sign loads of crappy players at this stage because no one else wants them and you don't have much rival for the signature. Either that or you agree to pay the full asking price for a player. 

Might be waiting a bit but I reckon we'll only have 2-3 players in by the time we play Preston to be honest. Hopefully first team players that'll improve an already strong team. 

I get you're point mate , I was hoping we might avoid the disruption of last season with late additions.IMO the window should be up to the start of the season then everyone should be settled and raring to go.

30 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

I get you're point mate , I was hoping we might avoid the disruption of last season with late additions.IMO the window should be up to the start of the season then everyone should be settled and raring to go.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

Or conversely I'd scrap the transfer window altogether and let teams buy who they want when they want.

13 minutes ago, marshy said:

Leeds . Trying for Danny batth at wolves. Hearing he's available. #wwfc #lufc

We should be in here.

Not good enough for Wolves and slated by their fans..but he did play for us once in League 1. 

If Madine came available..what are people's thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Not good enough for Wolves and slated by their fans..but he did play for us once in League 1. 

If Madine came available..what are people's thoughts? 

Screw all that, surely if we are signing players who played for us for a bit then surely Ben 10 is first on the list :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I heard we were looking at him at the end of Carlos' first season, as a serious target if we'd been promoted that season.

Thing is, he's better now, and Wolves aren't even waiting until they get promoted 

Its a risky strategy, but in many ways, a less risky strategy than ours Him, Costa and Neves would be good players if they went up, meaning less upheaval If they don't, they will sell at a big profit We couldn't do that. Would I rather have done things their way? Yes, probably, adding those three to the likes of Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Lee etc, exciting

Reports from Belgian media outlet Voetbal Nieuws suggest that Championship side Nottingham Forest have signed Anderlecht goalkeeper Liam Bossin.

The 21-year-old has been with the Belgian giants since 2013 following a successful trial at the club, but has failed to make a single first team appearance for the side, a side which won their 34th league title last term, beating defending champions Club Brugge to the summit by seven points.

1 hour ago, Bradshaw said:

Wolves are really going for it. It'll be a very interesting season.

They're not just signing expensive risky signings, they're signing proven players from the top European leagues.

Jorge Mendes up to his usual business. 

41 minutes ago, marshy said:

Leeds . Trying for Danny batth at wolves. Hearing he's available. #wwfc #lufc

We should be in here.

Wolves fans were slagging him off a lot last season. They seem to be quite happy he's going, don't think he's reached his potential and don't think he'd improve us.