Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

18 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

They now have 11m burning a hole in their pocket after selling Ince , so it wouldn't surprise me .

Careful mate you'll go getting negged for saying things like that

56 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Theres no way he will go to Wolves.  If I was Man City, I would keep him as he has unbelievable potential. Leicester are interested and apparently they have bid £20million for him.

However, Wolves are spending big and we obviously need to keep an eye out for them.

He's off to another premier league team without doubt.  No way will he go to Wolves.

No doubt Man City will insert a buy back clause too to cover their backs should he do well after he leaves.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Fair play to Huddersfield for getting their transfers sorted asap in pre season. Really want us to do the same. 

Business partner is a Hudds fan and it pains me to say it but their recruitment has been very good.

Crazy Wolves spending that much on one player. Seems like more and more teams in the championship are able to afford big big transfer fees. Going to be a tough league next season, wish we had bloody took our chances these past 2 seasons and gone up. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Agreed. Decided what they want and gone out and got it and signed some very useful players. 

They did it last year, like you say, they did it early and brought in players who were young and had loads of potential.  Exciting times for them.

I would like us to bring in a few who are younger with bags of potential who can play for our first team. Need to get some pace in our team to give us another option.

16 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Crazy Wolves spending that much on one player. Seems like more and more teams in the championship are able to afford big big transfer fees. Going to be a tough league next season, wish we had bloody took our chances these past 2 seasons and gone up. 

Agree and it only gets more and more competitive but we shouldn't underestimate our chances even if we don't make any more signings because I think stability and experience of the past couple of seasons plus know how could take us a long way. Just like Brighton last season. The only signings we make, should be quality signings that improve us. As long as we keep our best players and don't make too many signings we have got a very strong chance to get over the line this season.

16 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

They did it last year, like you say, they did it early and brought in players who were young and had loads of potential.  Exciting times for them.

I would like us to bring in a few who are younger with bags of potential who can play for our first team. Need to get some pace in our team to give us another option.

We have got the know how; solidity, class keeper, a magician and top strikers. We just need to mix it up with some pace; brute force, younger blood and dynamism.

Just now, Mr. Wednesday said:

We have got the know how; solidity, class keeper, a magician and top strikers. We just need to mix it up with some pace; brute force, younger blood and dynamism.

We have got some exceptional players but my only concern is the balance of the team and the way we are going to play next season. It looks like it's going to be 4-4-2, given the Boyd signing, so I would like us to bring in a left sided centre half who is top notch who will be the long term partner for Tom Lees. Secondly, it would be good if we could bring in a left winger with some pace to stretch teams.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Can't help myself not to think that someone like Ian Holloway would walk the league with squad like ours, scoring 350 goals in process and conceding 267 :happy:

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We have got some exceptional players but my only concern is the balance of the team and the way we are going to play next season. It looks like it's going to be 4-4-2, given the Boyd signing, so I would like us to bring in a left sided centre half who is top notch who will be the long term partner for Tom Lees. Secondly, it would be good if we could bring in a left winger with some pace to stretch teams.

Agreed and probably we will. I think we will set up 4-4-2 again but play more balanced. And if we bring in some of the quality as suggested or that I feel that we will, then we should be able to return to the high energy, pressing and attacking football that we played in Carlos' first season.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Doesn't matter how good your players are, all you need is a good team spirit.... 

This is what a pig fan at work reckons, they're team spirit will outshine our big signings. :tango:

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Doesn't matter how good your players are, all you need is a good team spirit.... 

This is what a pig fan at work reckons, they're team spirit will outshine our big signings. :tango:

Yep ive been working with one today and he reckons top six finish for them is absolute minimum.