Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

27 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Middlesbrough are ready to firm up their interest in Derby County defender Cyrus Christie.

It is being reported that Boro's search for a right back sees Christie as one of a number of targets.

Boro have missed out on bringing in Chris Gunter, who has signed a new contract at Reading.

It is understood Boro activated Gunter's release clause of £1m earlier this week but the Welsh international has extended his stay with the Royals.

Christie has a year to run on his contract at Derby and there is speculation surrounding his future.

We should be in for him, quality player and would much prefer him than someone like Hutton. 

Might sound bias, but any of our top/star players, moving to anybody in our division is a backwards move, at best sideways, we are as good as anyone in this division and shouldn't sell to promotion rivals.... 

personally I don't think we will.

but we all know once these pesky agents get in their ears about earning an extra 10k a week it could all change 

Fulham are reportedly competing with Crystal Palace and Birmingham City in the race to sign French defender Alexander Djiku.

The 22-year-old defender has been attracting interest from across Europe this summer, with the likes of Bursaspor, Olympiakos, St Etienne and Caen said to be interested in signing the Bastia player.

But French publication L’Equipe is reporting that Palace are one of three English clubs also keen on the defender, with the report suggesting that Bastia are considering a quick sale to raise money.

Wolves have entered the race to sign Porto striker Vincent Aboubakar.

West Ham and Newcastle have also expressed an interest, but Wolves could pull off a shock deal with Nuno Espirito Santo believed to be a key factor.

The 25-year-old was a huge success during his loan spell with Besiktas last season, scoring 19 goals in 38 games.

Aboubakar has 60 caps for Cameroon and scored 18 times.

1 minute ago, Bradshaw said:

Wolves are really going for it. It'll be a very interesting season.

They're not just signing expensive risky signings, they're signing proven players from the top European leagues.

How are these superstars going to react to a cold midweek night of hoofball at Burton Albion? garymegson

45 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Wolves have entered the race to sign Porto striker Vincent Aboubakar.

West Ham and Newcastle have also expressed an interest, but Wolves could pull off a shock deal with Nuno Espirito Santo believed to be a key factor.

The 25-year-old was a huge success during his loan spell with Besiktas last season, scoring 19 goals in 38 games.

Aboubakar has 60 caps for Cameroon and scored 18 times.

This is the guy we watched on numerous occasions yeah?

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

How are these superstars going to react to a cold midweek night of hoofball at Burton Albion? garymegson

I totally agree! Think it's not going to end well for them 

Porto or Wolverhampton I know were I'd rather be

5 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Thought we'd be having a flurry of activity this week, only a month until the start of the season tick tock.

Think with us only wanting 4-5 players in total we'll be waiting a bit to be honest. Some of the best deals, as we know, happen after the season has begun. The domino effect of moving players on and club's getting replacements makes others available. Like the pigs have done it's easy to sign loads of crappy players at this stage because no one else wants them and you don't have much rival for the signature. Either that or you agree to pay the full asking price for a player. 

Might be waiting a bit but I reckon we'll only have 2-3 players in by the time we play Preston to be honest. Hopefully first team players that'll improve an already strong team. 

5 minutes ago, 442 said:

Aboubakar is chuffing mentally good on FM15

He was absolute poo for me on FM17, couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and had a shocking attitude, sold him for about a quarter of what I'd paid for him after 15 games and no goals!! I still get annoyed thinking about it.... lol

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

He was absolute poo for me on FM17, couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and had a shocking attitude, sold him for about a quarter of what I'd paid for him after 15 games and no goals!! I still get annoyed thinking about it.... lol

Are you Guru in disguise? I mean hes given Rhodes about 15 games before deciding he should be sold, and probably shot....lol