Squad Numbers

What is positive about the unorthodox squad numbers though? Does the owner really not like certain numbers ?

All a bit bizarre but not a massive deal tbh! Although it is nice to have a forward wearing the traditional no 9 !

21 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I wouldn't remotely worry about the numbers and I find i hard to believe anyone is truly put out or concerned.

What I'd welcome, however, is some explanation of the approach.  Even if that is something as simple as "I just like these numbers and that pattern".  

Perhaps we'll get that.  So far he's been quite good at explaining what he's doing.

He may have chosen these number on birthdays, age and house numbers like a lot of people do with their lottery numbers lol

According to some Thailand press reports, Odd numbers are considered lucky in Thailand.

9 out of the 11 regulars first team last season now have odd numbers.

9 is considered very lucky and 4 very unlucky.

Don't understand Fletcher at 6 though but maybe number 9 and 3 are being left for some big signings. 

Personally think these numbers assigned are based on Chansiri beliefs and not a power gone to his head choice.

If it gets us promotion then happy days. 

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sorry mate but BBC have put us on the page because it's ridiculous.  Laughing stock!

2 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

Winding up orders, that's embarrassing, abusive ranting press conferences insulting fans, that's embarrassing, fifteen years of mismanagement, garbage players, relegations, barely surviving in the second tier, suing our own fans, that's embarrassing, weird squad numbers, not so much, anyone who thinks that's embarrassing need to have a word with themselves.

I know who I'm with.

7 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:
2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sorry mate but BBC have put us on the page because it's ridiculous.  Laughing stock!

2 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

Winding up orders, that's embarrassing, abusive ranting press conferences insulting fans, that's embarrassing, fifteen years of mismanagement, garbage players, relegations, barely surviving in the second tier, suing our own fans, that's embarrassing, weird squad numbers, not so much, anyone who thinks that's embarrassing need to have a word with themselves.

I know who I'm with.

me too

I'm guessing that if you live in Thailand then these types of superstitions/traditions are not really that bizarre. 

Nobody battered an eyelid when a Buddhist came along to bless our ground - that's something that doesn't happen often in football. 

In my opinion, the kit, badge and numbers have all been done with the intention to make SWFC positive again. I don't think it's anything to do with ego or being a nut job. He's trying to drag our asses out of the dark ages.  

19 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Rubbish. Quite a few players are superstitious. Some insist on the same number throughout their career.

It's true, 

You get players like Richard Wright, a pro for 20 years and never got over his crippling fear of the number 1

48 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

According to some Thailand press reports, Odd numbers are considered lucky in Thailand.

9 out of the 11 regulars first team last season now have odd numbers.

9 is considered very lucky and 4 very unlucky.

Don't understand Fletcher at 6 though but maybe number 9 and 3 are being left for some big signings. 

Personally think these numbers assigned are based on Chansiri beliefs and not a power gone to his head choice.

If it gets us promotion then happy days. 

squad number are going to help get us promoted?

TYPICAL OWLSTALK OVERREACTION!

If this is the main topic of discussion then we're clearly doing something right as a club.

Squad systems and numbers have been in place now for years. Nuhiu was #9 last season for pity's sake and people didn't go overboard with that.

2 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

Same old people. Tickets, shirts and now squad numbers.

Born to flipping moan 

Same old people. Tickets, shirts and now squad numbers.

Born to blindly back every little decision Chansiri makes just because we're decent on the pitch.