Squad Numbers

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Same old people. Tickets, shirts and now squad numbers.

Born to blindly back every little decision Chansiri makes just because we're decent on the pitch.

He's right though isn't he.

There are certain members on here who only seem to pipe up when there is summat to moan about. You, being one of them.

Some people are baffled that anyone cares about squad numbers.

I'm baffled that people DON'T care about squad numbers given the way they have been assigned.

I'm even more baffled by the over the top reaction TOWARDS those who do care about squad numbers.

The vitriol aimed at anyone who so much as hints at disagreeing with Chansiri is getting alarming.

We get it, some people don't care about numbers. Well some have a different opinion. That doesn't entitle you to tell them to get a life/get a job/grow up/have a word with themselves/stop posting. That's what 12 year old's do.

10 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

He's right though isn't he.

There are certain members on here who only seem to pipe up when there is summat to moan about. You, being one of them.

I'm right though aren't I?

There are a lot more people on here who only pipe up when someone questions one of Chansiri's decisions, and back him to the hilt - because we've got a good team.

And again, it's the same people, all the time.

People don't see the irony in that.

Edited by KivoOwl

9 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Same old people. Tickets, shirts and now squad numbers.

Born to blindly back every little decision Chansiri makes just because we're decent on the pitch.

I have to ask,

Would you rather we go back to watching us draw with 9 man Yoevil with some donkey like Heffernan wearing the Number 9 with pride?

1 minute ago, Loppy said:

I have to ask,

Would you rather we go back to watching us draw with 9 man Yoevil with some donkey like Heffernan wearing the Number 9 with pride?

There is absolutely no logic in that question whatsoever.

Just because we're better on the pitch now doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to question the decisions that are being made at the top of the club.

People should feel free to question what is happening regardless of how good the product on the pitch is - imagine telling Man United fans who protest about the Glazers 'Well you're in the Champions League so get a life'

The 'moaners' seem to be copping a lot of flak - I find those at the other end of the spectrum, those that blindly go along with anything just to saisify Chansiri, more distasteful.

9 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I'm right though aren't I?

There are a lot more people on here who only pipe up when someone questions one of Chansiri's decisions, and back him to the hilt - because we've got a good team.

And again, it's the same people, all the time.

People don't see the irony in that.

No

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

You want an owner on your terms.

Get back to cloud cuckoo land that's obviously where you live.

Chansiri and a few odd decisions or previous regimes. I know which I prefer.

Yep. That's what I'm talking about.

"Dave Allen was a knob so because of that I'm going to back every decision Chansiri makes, regardless of what it is"

Makes no sense whatsoever.

But you keep throwing insults about - because other people's opinions are that reprehensible to you.

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

There is absolutely no logic in that question whatsoever.

Just because we're better on the pitch now doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to question the decisions that are being made at the top of the club.

People should feel free to question what is happening regardless of how good the product on the pitch is - imagine telling Man United fans who protest about the Glazers 'Well you're in the Champions League so get a life'

The 'moaners' seem to be copping a lot of flak - I find those at the other end of the spectrum, those that blindly go along with anything just to saisify Chansiri, more distasteful.

But there is logic. We have a owner willing to spend money on big names, we also have a owner who wants to choose the squad numbers. We can go back to having a owner who isnt interested, and im pretty sure the job of picking the numbers will go to the players. Our number 9 will probably be a striker free transfer from Bury though,

As yet, Chansiri hasn't done anything to directly impact you. He's changed the shirts. Im pretty sure they'll change back if sales arn't up. Ticket prices have risen, i don't agree with that personally, but its supply and demand. We're still selling more tickets.  

And the Man Utd protests all died down pretty quick when they carried on being successful. Alright some formed and stuck by FC United, but i don't see many Green and Gold scarves at Old Trafford any more.

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

So there aren't people who blindly back everything Chansiri does? Right...

Of course there are, as there are those who disagree with every change out of force of habit, doesn't mean either side is right or wrong. In an ideal world the stripes would be wider, the squad numbers would be 1-11 with 13 as backup keeper + sub numbers, the tickets woud be a bit cheaper, the club would be financial stable, competitive towards the top of the division with a manager and players the fans can really get behind. This world is so very far from ideal, just read the news on any given day, so I take solace in the fact that I can watch the team I love who exist as a business and an entity despite recent past, who have a good shot at promotion, who have a good squad, who're very connected to the community, who have a chairman that respects the fans and traditions (even whilst wanting to stamp a little of his own identity and beliefs on the club).

2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

OR, question and criticise if you want - without being subject to abuse for your opinions?

How important in the great scheme of thing are squad numbers? isn't it more important that the club is known for it's exhilarating football and fantastic support as a family club instead of the disaster...because that what CC is trying to do...if you are really struggling with that mate I'm truly baffled...you haven't answered my question mate

At the end of the day, through luck or birth Chansiri is an extremely wealthy man with a healthy and beautiful family, if he wants to choose some numbers he believes are lucky I'd certainly trust his choices!

8 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

OR, question and criticise if you want - without being subject to abuse for your opinions?

whilst abuse should never be accepted there are way more important local and world matters at the moment than this.