Squad Numbers

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Over the past 6 months or so I have seen more positive coverage of Sheffield Wednesday on a national scale as I have seen in the past decade. Much of that has been down to how Carlos and the team have played and have approached their football but they are here because of the foundations that the chairman has put in place to enable us to progress.

Strange squad numbers and a kit that I am not overly keen on (out has attracted record sales) are not much this much of an issue when put in perspective.

Less talk. You're 4. You answer to 4, you address yourself as 4, you have 24 hours to tell friends and family and change passport etc. Ok 4?

7 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Without reading all 19 pages, what makes people think that DC or Carlos picked the numbers and/or assigned players to numbers?

Someone asked Bullen about it on twitter and he said the numbers have nothing to do with Carlos or the players choosing them so it is likely to have been the chairmans decision.

This is football no..........

I got my pinstripes through the post today, new (sic) badge, bizarre squad numbers. I'm just looking forward to a big match on Sunday, watching a decent team and decent football. 

If it's logic your looking for your watching the wrong sport......just embrace it, it's far easier.

I'm still completely baffled that fans are whinging about this.

I'm so glad this is the sort of stuff 'fans' are having to complain about now. At least it shows we're a decent side in a good position.

Thanks Mr Chansiri. Some of us still appreciate you. 

Guest Arnold
Just now, GoldGigsChris said:

Maybe the players picked their own numbers?

Bywater had a good reason to choose his some years ago, maybe this is just how it's going, rather than a conspiracy.

So you reckon Fletcher picked 6 and wildsmith picked 2? Also Lee etc.  The players didn't choose their own numbers 

1 minute ago, 5318008 said:

Less talk. You're 4. You answer to 4, you address yourself as 4, you have 24 hours to tell friends and family and change passport etc. Ok 4?

Happy with that, at least I am in the first 11. Can't see you getting much of a game with number 5318008 but at least you have more chance than McGugan.

Guest Arnold
Just now, Beholder said:

Be good if someone could best answer the reply that has the squad numbers on. Would save me from trawling through 20 pages to find them. 

There you go

Screenshot_20160803-160523.png

6 minutes ago, 5318008 said:

You're no. 38 for that comment. No questions, you go by 38 now.

Can I have 28 instead? It's my lucky number.

And as all traditionalists know, represents the right-sided wing-half, but playing in an extended diamond formation position.

Ta