Squad Numbers

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

lol I hope for your sake it isn't seriously a problem for you or supporting us must be miserable at the moment. So many things to complain about. 

It's not a massive problem - but lots of little things add up to big things.

I can remember when Mandaric took over, the amount of posts in the Boardroom section just plummeted overnight - people had obviously moaned for that long (10 years at the time) that when we finally got our takeover they let out a sigh of relief and let Mandaric get on with it. I remember posting that, no matter how good it got, we should still be free to question and criticise, and that it would do Mandaric the world of good to listen to/take action on fans' worries.

It should be no different under Chansiri - we shouldn't just let him do whatever he wants - regardless of how much money he puts in. In a business sense of course it's his club, but in every other sense it's ours.

Hate squad numbers always have. I would much prefer the old system 1-11 for those taking to the pitch and 12-18 for the subs.

Quite like the shirt and definitely prefer the old badge. Impressed by the screen and the Desso pitch which is now settling in. Also I'm impressed by most of our new signings and our new found confidence amongst our fan base. Pleased with how our Season Ticket numbers have grown by 7K.

Pricing of tickets and lack of development at the club shop appear to be the biggest criticisms. Which is strange really as a furore of  cries regarding affordability of match tickets on the one hand, whilst on the other hordes of people queueing up 'Ratner style' to spend their hard earned on 'sub standard' goods.  

Yes I agree DC should not be above criticism. However, criticism and nit-picking are two different concepts.    

Just now, aeroswfc said:

Theres people In this world dying and you people want to throw strops about numbers of player's and stripes on a shirt. 

Give me strength. 

Why are you on a forum when there's people out there dying? Get yoursen sorted and help em

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Are weird. A sign of slight unhingedness - nothing more imho. 

Pretty much this in a nutshell

It's symptomatic of what other people have come on here and said, that Chansiri likes to keep his finger on the pulse and micromanage too much. But that said, so far (touch wood) the only things he's guilty of upsetting people over are trivial things. As of yet he isn't dictating recruitment (to the best of our knowledge) or team selection... rather it's only been the tiling used in the toilets and squad numbers. If that's as far as things go, then no-one can complain in the slightest. As of yet, there's no evidence to suggest that it goes any further than this so... 

Slight obscure power-tripping from DC, nothing of concern and nothing more than that.

Still dead odd tho! 

Guest Deleted member

Its good to see the personal attacks on Kivo for not toeing the party line are still ongoing

People who can't present a reasonable argument against his points accusing him lazily of 'having an agenda'.

Personally I couldn't give a shybo if we all turned out with numbers from 71 to 99.

But Kivos just as entitled to his opinion as all of you - without the constant abuse he gets.  Ganging up to tell him to f*** off somewhere else doesn't strengthen anybodies argument

Just now, aeroswfc said:

Theres people In this world dying and you people want to throw strops about numbers of player's and stripes on a shirt. 

Give me strength.

Theres people In this world dying and you people want to post about what your favoured line-up for a football match is?

Give me strength.

It's all relative - I wouldn't moan about Wednesday's squad numbers in a discussion regarding Syria.

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Give me strength. 

Theres people in this world dying and you come on here and tell everybody how many games ex players have played.

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Hate squad numbers always have. I would much prefer the old system 1-11 for those taking to the pitch and 12-18 for the subs.

Quite like the shirt and definitely prefer the old badge. Impressed by the screen and the Desso pitch which is now settling in. Also I'm impressed by most of our new signings and our new found confidence amongst our fan base. Pleased with how our Season Ticket numbers have grown by 7K.

Pricing of tickets and lack of development at the club shop appear to be the biggest criticisms. Which is strange really as a furore of  cries regarding affordability of match tickets on the one hand, whilst on the other hordes of people queueing up 'Ratner style' to spend their hard earned on 'sub standard' goods.  

Yes I agree DC should not be above criticism. However, criticism and nit-picking are two different concepts.    

One mans nit is another mans infestation

28 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

It's pathetic over flaming numbers. 

Chansiri has done nothing wrong, he's got us a brilliant Head Coach, He's put his money where his mouth Is and wants to go with History to remember our past.

Dejphon Chansiri Wednesday legend...........

5 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Give me strength. 

There is no period in history when there hasn't been people dying in the world.

Is that a reason to stifle discussion on every other subject imaginable?

13 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Are weird. A sign of slight unhingedness - nothing more imho. 

He is unhinged because he wants to pick some numbers.

But the people throwing a hissy fit about it are okay, er yeah okay.

By the way, it is NOT a Wednesday tradition.

When it was changed by the league, for all clubs, the players liked it because they could have their lucky/favourite number.

If our players are okay with this, why would anybody else cry about it.

29 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I like Chansiri, made some mistakes granted, but all in all a decent man.

Venky's, Farwaz, Tan, Cellino I could go on.

I think we have been very fortunate.

Let's hope that continues aye! 

We will have a better idea once he's been here a while ........hope you are right and he is remembered for bringing the club back to the top.

57 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

OK - my own personal line is with the badge/kit/numbers

So what does that mean then? You're writing a letter of protest? You're boycotting the fixtures? You no longer support the club? According to you our chairman has now crossed the line, and?

40 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I'd prefer to be free to question and criticise thank you.

But it seems criticise is all you do, when was the last time you actually praised something the chairman did? You criticised the ticket pricing over and over and over (and in fairness out of respect for the terrific job you do covering the U21/youth teams I respected you had a right to be upset at being out of pocket so privately offered to help). You criticised over and over about the kit and the badge unless I'm remembering wrongly? Now with the squad numbers page after page of the 28 (so far) pages is you criticising and moaning and whinging, over and over and over.

Why can't you find something positive and embrace that? It'll make you feel better trust me.