Squad Numbers

Winding up orders, that's embarrassing, abusive ranting press conferences insulting fans, that's embarrassing, fifteen years of mismanagement, garbage players, relegations, barely surviving in the second tier, suing our own fans, that's embarrassing, weird squad numbers, not so much, anyone who thinks that's embarrassing need to have a word with themselves.

8 hours ago, Big Malc said:

At least one good thing has come out of it - I have learnt that Sougou was a permanent signing and not a loan as I first thought.  

Is that a good thing then?

I quite like the idea of just sending him back.

lol

I'm old school and like the traditional 1-11 for the perceived first team squad, though there could be additions in the next month. However, given the amount of cash DC has ploughed into the club, and the new hope he has given we long suffering Wednesdayites over the last two decades, I'm happy to let him put whatever numbers he wants on the shirts that he is sponsoring.

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

The reason this is a bit worrying is not because of the numbers themselves - it's because it adds to the evidence that DC is a power-mad, micro-managing wierdo who has to have everything his own way regardless of sense, tradition or anyone elses opinion.

I understand your fears, but the more hands-on he is the more he interest he shows in his project. We really ought to start getting worried if he starts to lose interest in the club.

Besides he's probably spent over £50 million acquiring the club and running it, so I think it's reasonable to have some say in what's happening.

As for power-mad think Cellino, it really does put things into perspective!

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I understand your fears, but the more hands-on he is the more he interest he shows in his project. We really ought to start getting worried if he starts to lose interest in the club.

Besides he's probably spent over £50 million acquiring the club and running it, so I think it's reasonable to have some say in what's happening.

As for power-mad think Cellino, it really does put things into perspective!

^^^^^

this. Add to that hulls Alan 

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Embarrassing for the club that we are on the BBC web page for this.  Just quickly change Fletcher to 9 and Wildsmith to 12 FFS!  We are a laughing stock!!

Give over... Any publicity is good publicity.  

If some wacky squad numbers make us a laughing stock imagine what it must be like signing Leon Clarke and thinking he's going to fire you to promotion.

I wouldn't remotely worry about the numbers and I find i hard to believe anyone is truly put out or concerned.

What I'd welcome, however, is some explanation of the approach.  Even if that is something as simple as "I just like these numbers and that pattern".  

Perhaps we'll get that.  So far he's been quite good at explaining what he's doing.

17 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

The reason this is a bit worrying is not because of the numbers themselves - it's because it adds to the evidence that DC is a power-mad, micro-managing wierdo who has to have everything his own way regardless of sense, tradition or anyone elses opinion.

Chansiri's even managed to find an alternative to South Yorkshire Police on match days. All he has to do now is find a way of getting 300 Thailand monkeys through quarantine and into the country.

20 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I suppose he feels that as he's spent close to, if not over £50m he is allowed to choose the squad numbers for players.

i think I'd probably want to do the same.

Rob Staton Retweeted Andy McElwaine

Chairman's choices. Unorthodox but made with positive intentions. #SWFC

Rob Staton added,

Andy McElwaine @andymcelwaine
@robstaton love to hear the thought process about the #swfc squad numbers. Were some players angry? How did they get allocated?

Edited by DMX

Guest wilyfox

I'd be interested to know what Chansiri has against the numbers 9, 10, and 11. Doesn't bother me, but I suspect some of our forwards may be disappointed with their allocation.