Squad Numbers

I know the number shouldn't even come into the mindset of a player.

But part of me is slightly concerned about what will go through the head of someone like Fletcher on Sunday when he walks in the Dressing Room and sees a "Fletcher 6" shirt hung up. 

Id imagine him and Wildsmith are in for some hammer from the other lads for the next few weeks. 

Sougou number 8 made me laugh aswell. Unbelievable that one. Wonder if they've given him 8 because it's how many starts he'll get this season?

Edited by NeonLeon

49 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

I suspect it's the same beliefs that guided Chansiri's decision to give Bannan the 41 shirt - saying it would be lucky for him. Bannan did have a great season and that is now unquestionably HIS number. 

We have been so poo poo for so long that no one has an iconic link to a number except, for me at least, Hirst, Palmer and Waddle. Simek and Walker were my 2 fav players during the decline and I can't remember what they wore. It doesn't matter.

I am a traditionalist but I'm coming round to Chansiri's thinking. If a player shines - chances are it will be in a number that previously held no significance - and that player may feel more special in that number and fans may pay to put it on shirts.

You could say Ok so why not give them 1-11 numbers if it doesn't matter. But that only makes some players feel first choice and others not - which could effect motivation.

I can't believe I wrote this. Numbers obviously mean more than I thought!

Lucky numbers in thailand;

3, 8, 9

4 and 13 are considered unlucky.

Doesn't make sense if dc is picking numbers based on superstition?

Guest Im Right

Why do, not just us but other clubs as well, use such ridiculously high numbers when they are obviously not necessary?

Guest Arnold
1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Found out chansiri was a smoker too the other day. That's probably why ticket prices are so high so he can fund his dirty disgusting habit.

lol

Just now, 5318008 said:

Just him and his minders keeping the staff at bay. Reyt lad.

Ok.

Just thought that if Mr C was there, and it was busy, and he was doing what you said he was doing, you'd have had to watch your peas and queues that's all.

10 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Thats why he walks round the front of the kop, no smoking on the south 

I caught him last season having a sneaky one next to the St John Ambulance under the south, sure it was them dodgy Jin Ling cigs you can get off Parsons Cross for about 3 quid.