Bannan Injury

4 hours ago, trotter said:

There is no way they are going to announce anything prior to the game - they won't want to give Sunderland any indication as to whether he is fit or not.

I doubt we’ll hear anything official until the pre-match press interviews tomorrow or Friday - it’ll be the first question asked…. and even then I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a cagey response. That is unless it’s bad and he’s definitely out of both legs - I think they’d have to confirm it then. 

18 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

I get what you are saying but there was no need to run the majority of the lenghth of the pitch in the 80th odd minute in the last game of the regular season at 4-1, knowing we are in the play offs. 

Or at 4-1 up would it have been a good time to take him off early. Remember DM took him off in a must win game a few months ago.

2 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

I think Bannan will be fit but the club won't announce anything prior to Friday.

Yea i wouldn't say anything particular if he is fit. If i was DM would tell the media its very doubtful, then shock for Sunderland when team submitted.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Azzy said:

Or at 4-1 up would it have been a good time to take him off early. Remember DM took him off in a must win game a few months ago.

You have to laugh,  we took him off whilst only winning 1-0 against Accrington with plenty of time left and then drew the game.  But leave him on whilst wining 4-1 and he gets injured. 

Im a fan of Moore but that is rotten “luck” - to put it very kindly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

Is it just the club being cagey by not showing Bannan on the training photos or can we read anything into that?

I thought from the moment he went down, it was a bad sign the way he reacted with his hamstring. 

I remember everyone saying with Hooper in 16' that are we double bluffing etc...then it came out he had a bad hamstring injury and he missed the playoffs. 

My heart wants to believe were being coy about it, but my head says thats that.

• Like 1