Update on SWFC Transfer Restrictions

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Don't worry I think when we don't sign any players on transfer fees in the next month it might sink in.

The thing that worries me is, if DC fails to pay the players before the season is over these restrictions could well be extended into next season too.

I think that's the fear. It's quite clear he's pot less, the club continues to be an utter embarrassing mess on and off the field and this rubbish continues.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 83owl said:

Rotherham seem to be doing ok having not spent anything on transfers pre season. 

Playoff places are taken up by Wigan, Wycombe, Oxford and Plymouth who have spent £650k between them and I would be willing to bet that our wage bill is considerably higher than any of those teams so anyone saying Moore hasn’t been backed financially is obviously wrong.

You don’t need to spend millions to get out of this league.

Did Rotherham have to recruit an entirely new team in the Summer like us?

7 hours ago, 83owl said:

Rotherham seem to be doing ok having not spent anything on transfers pre season. 

Playoff places are taken up by Wigan, Wycombe, Oxford and Plymouth who have spent £650k between them and I would be willing to bet that our wage bill is considerably higher than any of those teams so anyone saying Moore hasn’t been backed financially is obviously wrong.

This is a very sensible post. Hysteria is not needed right now.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I did a quick search and found articles from the examiner and the Sheffield Star about restriction we were placed under in the summer. 

'With just over a month go until the start of the 2021/22 League One season, Darren Moore has yet to make an addition to boost his skeleton first-team squad.

It was confirmed by the English Football League that the Owls are no longer under a transfer embargo and can now bring in some much-needed reinforcements.

But Wednesday are still operating under some restrictions imposed by the EFL. Yorkshire Live can reveal the Owls can't pay any transfer fees this summer and are only permitted to sign players on a free or loan.

Their transfer limitations has hampered the Owls' recruitment drive and seen them miss out on a host of transfers 

I also found on the EFL website the verdict from the suspended points deduction for the none payment of players wages. I would suggest you use that lovely thing that every one else use.

Google it. lol

I have read everyone of those articles and they are all caveated by terminology like 

We have been informed by “Sources “

“We are led to believe “

“It is understood “

Nothing official from the club or the EFL

about any restrictions as I can see 

If I was a Chairman of a football club who has decided not to make funds available for whatever reason and didn’t want fans to know would I let the club feed snippets of info to the press to furnish those articles 

On the other hand the club could just come straight out with it and say we are under sanctions so it’s just frees and loans at the moment ( might not look too good)

For the record again I don’t know either way but I suspect no body on here does but are willing to believe what they read in the press or have heard on here .

6 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not sure about the others, but they paid a few for Rathbone, who's a very tidy player at this level.

I only checked on one site and there was a question mark next to his name so if they did or not I’m not sure.

Point is teams aren’t spending millions of pounds to get out of this league like they are in the championship. The standard is very poor, there’s Plenty of players available without paying fees who can be very effective at this level.

7 hours ago, 83owl said:

I only checked on one site and there was a question mark next to his name so if they did or not I’m not sure.

Point is teams aren’t spending millions of pounds to get out of this league like they are in the championship. The standard is very poor, there’s Plenty of players available without paying fees who can be very effective at this level.

Yeah, it was the usual 'undisclosed fee', which put him out of our price bracket.

Which is a shame, as he's a very good player at this level.

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

At least need managed to entice Windass here with the cities selection of restaurants. ! lol

What an absolute sheitestate chansiri, paxo, et al, have left this club in. 

Paxo has gone, so thankfully recruitment has improved lol

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, 83owl said:

100%

19 hours ago, 83owl said:

Money helps but what you do need is a well run stable club off the pitch.

Without that any manager is doing it with with one hand tied behind his back.

Also we made 14 signings within a week, that's not building a team and an 'identity' over a period of time which many successful sides do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

I have read everyone of those articles and they are all caveated by terminology like 

We have been informed by “Sources “

“We are led to believe “

“It is understood “

Nothing official from the club or the EFL

about any restrictions as I can see 

If I was a Chairman of a football club who has decided not to make funds available for whatever reason and didn’t want fans to know would I let the club feed snippets of info to the press to furnish those articles 

On the other hand the club could just come straight out with it and say we are under sanctions so it’s just frees and loans at the moment ( might not look too good)

For the record again I don’t know either way but I suspect no body on here does but are willing to believe what they read in the press or have heard on here .

I give up we won't be signing any players on transfer fees believe it or don't but come 31st January you will know.

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I give up we won't be signing any players on transfer fees believe it or don't but come 31st January you will know.

You give up because you have no genuine evidence to support your claims

whether we sign any body or not for a fee is irrelevant 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1