Update on SWFC Transfer Restrictions

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Just admit you are fan blaming 

Just admit that said our fans are as much to blame for our plight as Chansiri 

Just admit it

After all anyone and everyone can just scroll up and see that you did and read your post for themselves 

And then we go back to my original post which started all this off

Does it really matter? And your reaction to my posts today confirms that whatever the situation, opinions etc, it doesn’t, does it?

1 minute ago, Jim said:

And then we go back to my original post which started all this off

Does it really matter? And your reaction to my posts today confirms that whatever the situation, opinions etc, it doesn’t, does it?

To any Sheffield Wednesday fans reading this is what Jim thinks about you

33 minutes ago, Jim said:

We’re just as much part of the problem as DC, DM and the players IMO? 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

I enjoy a Jim post. Different angle - sniff of a truth, too. 

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

We’re just as much part of the problem as DC, DM and the players IMO? 

Read this though

Then read it again

Absorb what he's saying

He's suggesting that Sheffield Wednesday fans are equally to blame for the stadium being sold, transfer embargoes, players not getting paid, relegation, restrictions etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Wonder if any team has ever been promoted when not been able to spend money on transfer fees?

On a positive can't waste money either, next season though spendageadon.

Does Spendageadon include our manager? Will DM be apart of it or does it open the door for the return of the king, namely, Carlos? The last Spendageadon proved productive if not entirely successful. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You said Wednesday fans are "JUST AS MUCH PART OF THE PROBLEM"

OK, For the last time I’ll and try and explain what I meant. Waste of time, I know but I’ll give it a go.

embargoes, restrictions, stadium sale, unpaid wages, relegation. DC’s responsibility? I guess so?

Poor team selections, tactics, signings -DM?

Poor performances and results, the players?

All of the above generates the negativity that we arguably make worse with the way we react amongst ourselves as much as anything?

Add all of the above together and it becomes a collective problem which I said we are all a part (re-reading my post  I got the word MUCH wrong and I apologise for any offence caused) of which is my opinion which you obviously disagree with which is your perogative.

You’ve always encouraged debate before so what’s changed today?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

OK, For the last time I’ll and try and explain what I meant. Waste of time, I know but I’ll give it a go.

embargoes, restrictions, stadium sale, unpaid wages, relegation. DC’s responsibility? I guess so?

Poor team selections, tactics, signings -DM?

Poor performances and results, the players?

All of the above generates the negativity that we arguably make worse with the way we react amongst ourselves as much as anything?

Add all of the above together and it becomes a collective problem which I said we are all a part (re-reading my post  I got the word MUCH wrong and I apologise for any offence caused) of which is my opinion which you obviously disagree with which is your perogative.

You’ve always encouraged debate before so what’s changed today?

This is a thread about restrictions on transfers mate

If you want to start a fresh thread blaming our fans for our slump in recent years feel free and I"ll debate it with you there 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

With the rules we are operating under we can clearly get new players in but it inevitably limits the range of players who are available. I believe if we keep our noses clean we will be able to spend fees again in the summer. I think the net of all of this is that this season is going to end up a write off. 

Our recruitment in the summer looked reasonable against the backdrop of the players that remained from last season. But as we have so many of our more important players injured and realistically, good replacements will attract a fee we are now bûggered. DMs biggest downfall has not being able to get a reasonable performance out of the more fringe players, coupled to the misfortune of having many of our better players out. 

Needless to say none of this is the fans fault. Going to be a miserable second half of the season IMO. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

They won't. We can't.....

That means that pretty much any advantage we might have had through being a "big" club with a large fanbase is negated.

We have a larger playing squad than most other teams.

We pay far more out in wages than most other teams in the league.

We get fsr more away supporters than most other teams in this league.

How many more advantages do we need?

2 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So we could pay a free agent £10k p.w. ( £1.5m + over 3 years) but can't pay a £100k transfer fee and a salary of £6k p.w which has a cost of just over a million in total ......I understand what they are trying to do at the EFL but something slightly amiss with the restrictions we are under?

I think it’s a bit of a compromise with the EFL. As I understand, we are not under any embargo per se, not officially anyway. But we’ve basically got an agreement with the EFL that we won’t throw fees around for buys/ loans given that we have previous “cash flow issues” regarding paying wages. It’s how it looks isn’t it? Couldn’t pay wages 6 months ago, splashing cash in summer? That’s how i read it anyway. 

I think you make a good point with the above, but what we’ve done is meet somewhere in the middle with the EFL. An imperfect solution to a completely avoidable problem in the first place. Shambles really. 

5 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

I think it’s a bit of a compromise with the EFL. As I understand, we are not under any embargo per se, not officially anyway. But we’ve basically got an agreement with the EFL that we won’t throw fees around for buys/ loans given that we have previous “cash flow issues” regarding paying wages. It’s how it looks isn’t it? Couldn’t pay wages 6 months ago, splashing cash in summer? That’s how i read it anyway. 

I think you make a good point with the above, but what we’ve done is meet somewhere in the middle with the EFL. An imperfect solution to a completely avoidable problem in the first place. Shambles really. 

I think we are both in the same place with our understanding and the imperfect nature of the agreement

Makes me wonder if we go to the EFL with a proposal for a purchase whether they might agree to it?

• Like 1