Update on SWFC Transfer Restrictions

Guest Grandad
38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 13.40.54.png

This is what makes it an absolute fallacy when people tell us Moore has been backed by the Chairman financially. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, Grandad said:

This is what makes it an absolute fallacy when people tell us Moore has been backed by the Chairman financially. 

Unless they mean he's been backed into a corner? 🤔

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Playoff places are taken up by Wigan, Wycombe, Oxford and Plymouth who have spent £650k between them and I would be willing to bet that our wage bill is considerably higher than any of those teams so anyone saying Moore hasn’t been backed financially is obviously wrong. 

What you thinking to this @Grandad?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What you thinking to this @Grandad?

I'm more concerned by the restrictions and rules. 

I thought there was also a restriction on squad size too? Only 23 players allowed in a squad that have 1 appearance or more?

I've no idea how many players we have used this season but if it's 23 - we'd need to let a player go before bringing one in?

If we've played 24 or more then I guess we could possibly be in breach of the rules. 

I also know there used to be a rule around wages only being 60% of turnover or less - but I don't know if that's still the case

Guest Grandad
Just now, Grandad said:

I thought there was also a restriction on squad size too? Only 23 players allowed in a squad that have 1 appearance or more?

I've no idea how many players we have used this season but if it's 23 - we'd need to let a player go before bringing one in?

If we've played 24 or more then I guess we could possibly be in breach of the rules. 

I also know there used to be a rule around wages only being 60% of turnover or less - but I don't know if that's still the case

Maybe you could ask Joe Crann to confirm Neil?

Just now, Grandad said:

There's also rules as to how many loan players you can use

We could be building up here to having to bring in permanent players we wouldnt' usually touch with a bargepole

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Maybe you could ask Joe Crann to confirm Neil?

Just asked him on Twitterz

The absolute ideal at this point would be an overview that covers exactly what situation we are in, the scenarios, what we can and cannot do, what it means etc

I'll try and compile but will need help with scenarios or other things missed

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Christ almighty - what's going on

Look whoever we sign, whatever restrictions we find ourselves under, the atmosphere on here won’t change.

What we need is actual change at the club. We need someone to adopt a policy  that will serve this club going forward for a sustainable amount of time. Whether it be deciding improve the Youth Academy and therefore promoting from within, scouting young prospects to develop and sell on or a combination of the two regardless of how things are going on the pitch because we’re not going to stand a chance of moving forward as we are.

But no plan will be given a chance to work here because of the fan base. We can’t agree on what we want because we don’t know what we want. We’re at our happiest when we’re arguing the to$$ about everybody and everything with regards to swfc. We’re just as much part of the problem as DC, DM and the players IMO? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7