Update on SWFC Transfer Restrictions

League One side Sheffield Wednesday are currently ‘considering’ a move for Peterborough United centre-back Mark Beevers, according to The Sun’s Alan Nixon.

With this, his stay at the Weston Homes Stadium may be much shorter than previously expected and former side Wednesday are now keeping tabs on his ahead of a potential move,

free from the embargo

they were under during the early stages of last summer.

35 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Not sure what all the confusion is about, we were told by the EFL at the start of the season that only two clubs in league 1 were operating under a transfer embargo; Gillingham and Fleetwood Town, but that other clubs would have to operate with some restrictions.

SWFC were named as a club that would have transfer restrictions, which stopped us from buying, or loaning players that required a transfer, or loan fee this season. Also, we risked a 6 point deduction if our players were not paid on time, which I believe has now dropped to 3 points.

Like Grandaddy, I am a little concerned that we have already played 26 first team players, more than the 23 that I read somewhere and will try to find.

Was named by who ?

Also no loan fee allowed ?

where did you get that from? 

On 03/01/2022 at 14:49, Jim said:

Look whoever we sign, whatever restrictions we find ourselves under, the atmosphere on here won’t change.

What we need is actual change at the club. We need someone to adopt a policy  that will serve this club going forward for a sustainable amount of time. Whether it be deciding improve the Youth Academy and therefore promoting from within, scouting young prospects to develop and sell on or a combination of the two regardless of how things are going on the pitch because we’re not going to stand a chance of moving forward as we are.

But no plan will be given a chance to work here because of the fan base. We can’t agree on what we want because we don’t know what we want. We’re at our happiest when we’re arguing the to$$ about everybody and everything with regards to swfc. We’re just as much part of the problem as DC, DM and the players IMO? 

This fan base is nothing to do whatsoever with the Club woes, NONE .....

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I think i was wrong about this division. 

At the beginning, I was thinking; A sizeable recruitment drive will do us the world of good. The divisions top spenders in terms of wages etc....attracting a higher calibre. 

But what's actually needed at this level, is some proper homework being done and some proper cherry's been sought after. 

No good ending up with a team full of passengers. Could have got a punnet of cherries for Berahino's wages 

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think i was wrong about this division. 

At the beginning, I was thinking; A sizeable recruitment drive will do us the world of good. The divisions top spenders in terms of wages etc....attracting a higher calibre. 

But what's actually needed at this level, is some proper homework being done and some proper cherry's been sought after. 

No good ending up with a team full of passengers. Could have got a punnet of cherries for Berahino's wages 

I totally agree. The approach of giving players whatever they wanted instead of performance related pay, got us into this mess in the first place. The same approach got us relegated from the Prem nearly 22 years ago. Have we finally learned the lesson as a club, or are we only behaving properly now because we have been forced to do so?

Up to now, I can only find information stating that, "according to our sources", SWFC are operating under transfer restrictions imposed by the EFL, which is similar to previous transfer windows. Our accounts have been under scrutiny now for several years and despite suffering a points reduction and transfer embargo as a result of being caught cheating the power that is (our owner, rather than powers that be, as he, DC, owns us outright), has still stretched the rules as far as he can by again delaying our accounts last season and not paying players, both of which are against the fules which every club in the EFL must follow, or be punished with point deductions or restrictions.  The EFL was bailed out by the prem and as part of the bailout around a year or so ago, the prem demanded that transfer restrictions be applied to the EFL leagues. Maybe the EFL are upholding some of those restrictions on certain rule breaking\stretching clubs and as several reports have told us that we are still operating under transfer restrictions, we know that we have broken rules and our accounts are still under scrutiny, I personally accept that what I am being told is very likely to be true, or very close to the truth.

I reckon our chairman would still splash the cash if he could, even if the budget was much reduced, so the restrictions may help the club in the long term, by reducing our debt\Chansiri's valuation of the club (which are the same in his eyes).

It’s absolutely mental that we could offer. a free agent whatever we like , but couldn’t pay an £100k nominal transfer fee 

Surely has to be more to it than that 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/

In the interests of transparency and in line with the principles of good governance, in June 2021 EFL Clubs approved an amendment to the Regulations to allow the EFL to publish a list of those Clubs under registration embargoes on EFL.com.

Clubs under embargo will be named on this dedicated Embargo Reporting Service page, along with the reason the Club has been placed under embargo. For example, the regulation the Club has failed to comply with.

We're not on here. If I recall, we had a suspended points deduction should we fail to pay wages again in a certain time frame (till Jan 2022?) but we're not listed on the official list of embargoes.

• Like 1

Just now, bigrbuk said:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/

We're not on here. If I recall, we had a suspended points deduction should we fail to pay wages again in a certain time frame (till Jan 2022?) but we're not listed on the official list of embargoes.

We're not under embargo

We are working with restrictions

Owlstalk Shop