Update on SWFC Transfer Restrictions

Negotiated settlement to avoid an embargo - is there a difference?

It would be useful if the club explained the whole 'deal' - terms, including how long it lasts.

That's the bigger shoddy picture, but the immediate is how we wheel and deal to regain any sense of getting a play off place, because that must be everyone's objective still. If not, then there's no point worrying about this transfer window.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

They won't. We can't.....

That means that pretty much any advantage we might have had through being a "big" club with a large fanbase is negated.

Except for us having the ability to attract Peacock-Farrell, Wing, Hunt, Gregory etc that an Oxford/Plymouth wouldn't. Also that we have several players with fresh Championship experience that came down with us. 

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Like a moth to a flame.

😉

Baa Baa 

🐑 

Let’s all believe someone who uses caveats in his musings 

Why not deal in facts instead of hearsay? 

Show us some facts from either the EFL or the club 

ta 

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Baa Baa 

🐑 

ta 

Time for you to put up and shut up
You keep mocking the claims we are under restriction so tell us / show us what YOU know

Once and for all

Otherwise you'll just get written off as an eccentric that shouts at bus stops in town

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Look whoever we sign, whatever restrictions we find ourselves under, the atmosphere on here won’t change.

What we need is actual change at the club. We need someone to adopt a policy  that will serve this club going forward for a sustainable amount of time. Whether it be deciding improve the Youth Academy and therefore promoting from within, scouting young prospects to develop and sell on or a combination of the two regardless of how things are going on the pitch because we’re not going to stand a chance of moving forward as we are.

But no plan will be given a chance to work here because of the fan base. We can’t agree on what we want because we don’t know what we want. We’re at our happiest when we’re arguing the to$$ about everybody and everything with regards to swfc. We’re just as much part of the problem as DC, DM and the players IMO? 

Says the man who lambasted Monk at least 20 times  per day on here. 🤣

Edited by OwlerIT2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Time for you to put up and shut up
You keep mocking the claims we are under restriction so tell us / show us what YOU know

Once and for all

Otherwise you'll just get written off as an eccentric that shouts at bus stops in town

I am not making any claims am I ??

Hence the previous thread 

Are we or arnt we 

Derr 

2 minutes ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Says the man who lambasted Monk at least 20 times  per day on here. 🤣

Very True. I’m a wee bit more accepting of our situation these days but your out of touch with at least 20 times a day, it was more like 50 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

We’ll wot I will say Is that for the first time in a few seasons there was optimism and absence of togetherness at the start of the season? Good start and then one loss and all seemed to go away in a couple of games ? The players ain’t up to it the manager ain’t up to it and most of all the one who controls all of it isn’t up to it and that ladies and gentlemen is why we’ll struggle as a team and fan base to unite and get out of this mess while he’s in charge ! One disaster after another year after year ? The good ship Wednesday rudderless and the officers and crew argue till we crash 

13 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Baa Baa 

🐑 

ta 

I have no reason to think that either @YesWeCrann or Nancy Frostick would make it up.

In the absence of anything to suggest that we're not restricted to freebies and loans, and the fact that so far we've signed only freebies and loans, I'm willing to believe that we're restricted to freebies and loans.

If we start splashing the cash, I'll revise my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I have no reason to think that either @YesWeCrann or Nancy Frostick would make it up.

In the absence of anything to suggest that we're not restricted to freebies and loans, and the fact that so far we've signed only freebies and loans, I'm willing to believe that we're restricted to freebies and loans.

If we start splashing the cash, I'll revise my opinion.

No journalists never embellish things 

to make themselves more interesting do they.

Gregory was under contract

He wasn’t a free or a loan  

You've already had this explained to you

You chose to ignore it to continue youre incorrect claims

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Not according to Nancy Frostick:

'Up front, Lee Gregory has already proved a canny signing after two goals in four games. As with Byers at Swansea City and Berahino at Zulte Waregem in Belgium, Wednesday worked hard to release the former Stoke City man from his contract without paying a fee so they could sign him under their transfer restrictions.'

Both Crann and Frostick have been reliable sources of info. in recent years. Suggesting they'd both make up the same lie 'to make themselves more interesting' seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Unless you have that all-important proof, of course?

:duntmatter: