Update on SWFC Transfer Restrictions

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not according to Nancy Frostick:

'Up front, Lee Gregory has already proved a canny signing after two goals in four games. As with Byers at Swansea City and Berahino at Zulte Waregem in Belgium, Wednesday worked hard to release the former Stoke City man from his contract without paying a fee so they could sign him under their transfer restrictions.'

Both Crann and Frostick have been reliable sources of info. in recent years. Suggesting they'd both make up the same lie 'to make themselves more interesting' seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Unless you have that all-important proof, of course?

:duntmatter:

Keep believing what journalists write then 

Show me something official 

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Of what ?

I am not trying to prove anything 

apart from there is nothing official 

is there ???

It's not published

Doesn't mean the sports writers don't know about it though

We could do a poll if you want to see who people believe - sports writers with a track record of being spot on vs yourself who admits they have zero evidence

lol

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's odd behaviour innit

lol

It is when you consider that any restriction placed on free trade is an embargo.

I don't get the hang up over it? It's literally the same thing only a different way of saying it.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So we could pay a free agent £10k p.w. ( £1.5m + over 3 years) but can't pay a £100k transfer fee and a salary of £6k p.w which has a cost of just over a million in total ......I understand what they are trying to do at the EFL but something slightly amiss with the restrictions we are under?

Similar to Reading they could only sign players up to £8.5k per week due to their embargo/FFP breach.

So brought in Danny Drinkwater on loan from Chelsea who is on £100+ per week, with Chelsea picking up 90+% of his wages.

We're missing a trick here I wonder if they'll loan us Lukaku and we pay £500 a week towards his upkeep :biggrin:

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not published

Doesn't mean the sports writers don't know about it though

We could do a poll if you want to see who people believe - sports writers with a track record of being spot on vs yourself who admits they have zero evidence

lol

Or whoever they are getting their information from at the club are portraying the illusion that we cannot spend money to protect the credibility of the owner because maybe he has not got the funds or just doesn’t want to Chuck anymore money at it 

The EFL have confirmed we are not under any Embargo……..haven’t they ?

9 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Or whoever they are getting their information from at the club are portraying the illusion that we cannot spend money to protect the credibility of the owner because maybe he has not got the funds or just doesn’t want to Chuck anymore money at it 

I think you're repeatedly deliberately mixing Embargo with Agreed Restrictions

When people say Embargo they literally mean the current restrictions that were agreed when Channers didn't pay his own players

The EFL will confirm we're not under embargo because we aren't - nor is anyone claiming we are

We are under restrictions - agreed when the chairman got done for not paying his own players

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you're repeatedly deliberately mixing Embargo with Agreed Restrictions

When people say Embargo they literally mean the current restrictions that were agreed when Channers didn't pay his own players

The EFL will confirm we're not under embargo because we aren't - nor is anyone claiming we are

We are under restrictions - agreed when the chairman got done for not paying his own players

Ah I understand now 

Just point me to the articles from the club or the EFL that outline the restrictions 

For instance if we sell a player like Green let’s say for 300k can we spend that amount ourselves on players ?

Must be somewhere in the public domain 

surely 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed - would be good as I still don't think Owls fans know what we can and cannot do as a club right now, what restrictions we are up against and what embargoes or rules there are

There are still fans who don't know what we even have restrictions on us still

And that sets up the scenario where they have unrealistic expectations

Personally when you chairman is charging the highest prices in the league, is then offering next season tickets so you don't pay more when we go up, that suggest the aim by the owner is not the bottom half finish that we will get under Moore.

maybe before expecting the fans to pay too dollar for everything they are told the aim is to finish in a position. 

The fans have been paying for failure in the boardroom and incompetence on the training ground for too long at this club and many fans are getting to the point of enough is enough.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

He mortgage a £60m asset for £6.2m is this what someone does with millions to waste on a football club.

he has no money, he has tapped up the fans using the loyalty card to get season ticket money for next season - 9 months early. Is this an action of a man with wads of cash waiting to spend.

the EFL have also confirmed if we fail to pay the players before the end of the season on time we will be hit with a points deduction. Or is this also lies from the EFL.😂😂😂

We cannot sign players on fees it's that simple - loans and free agents only until at least the summer.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He mortgage a £60m asset for £6.2m is this what someone does with millions to waste on a football club.

he has no money, he has tapped up the fans using the loyalty card to get season ticket money for next season - 9 months early. Is this an action of a man with wads of cash waiting to spend.

the EFL have also confirmed if we fail to pay the players before the end of the season on time we will be hit with a points deduction. Or is this also lies from the EFL.😂😂😂

We cannot sign players on fees it's that simple - loans and free agents only until at least the summer.

Again where do you get that info from?

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Again where do you get that info from?

I did a quick search and found articles from the examiner and the Sheffield Star about restriction we were placed under in the summer. 

'With just over a month go until the start of the 2021/22 League One season, Darren Moore has yet to make an addition to boost his skeleton first-team squad.

It was confirmed by the English Football League that the Owls are no longer under a transfer embargo and can now bring in some much-needed reinforcements.

But Wednesday are still operating under some restrictions imposed by the EFL. Yorkshire Live can reveal the Owls can't pay any transfer fees this summer and are only permitted to sign players on a free or loan.

Their transfer limitations has hampered the Owls' recruitment drive and seen them miss out on a host of transfers 

I also found on the EFL website the verdict from the suspended points deduction for the none payment of players wages. I would suggest you use that lovely thing that every one else use.

Google it. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

So we are not under any Embargo then 

Thanks 

I call a restriction on trade an embargo.

Feel free to educate me with something and I'll change my opinion. Chuck some evidence at me that we arnt being restricted or embargo'd

Why do you care some much, it's getting a bit weird. Do you have an issue with local journalists? What the route cause of your frustration?

Edited by Maddogbob

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I did a quick search and found articles from the examiner and the Sheffield Star about restriction we were placed under in the summer. 

'With just over a month go until the start of the 2021/22 League One season, Darren Moore has yet to make an addition to boost his skeleton first-team squad.

It was confirmed by the English Football League that the Owls are no longer under a transfer embargo and can now bring in some much-needed reinforcements.

But Wednesday are still operating under some restrictions imposed by the EFL. Yorkshire Live can reveal the Owls can't pay any transfer fees this summer and are only permitted to sign players on a free or loan.

Their transfer limitations has hampered the Owls' recruitment drive and seen them miss out on a host of transfers 

I also found on the EFL website the verdict from the suspended points deduction for the none payment of players wages. I would suggest you use that lovely thing that every one else use.

Google it. lol

He won't except stuff from the paper mate, we tried that one. I'm getting to the point where it might be just better to agree to disagree than waste your time.

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

He won't except stuff from the paper mate, we tried that one. I'm getting to the point where it might be just better to agree to disagree than waste your time.

Don't worry I think when we don't sign any players on transfer fees in the next month it might sink in.

The thing that worries me is, if DC fails to pay the players before the season is over these restrictions could well be extended into next season too.