Liam Shaw v Hutchinson/pato

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It looks like Hutchinson and Patterson need to wind their necks in too or is it a delicate little flower thing again? Maybe you grab people by the neck or are on the receiving end of it however it shows what a shambles this rudderless club has become.

Frankly I’d rather see and hear about the captain doing what he did, and senior players like Hutchinson and Paterson taking junior players to task like Bannan did, rather than simply doing nothing.

It shows that they might actually be bothered which is more than can be said for several of the gutless shitebags in this ‘team’. 

It is competitive sport, arguments happen, criticism happens, tempers will flare, it happens in training and in matches. They are professionals in a high pressure environment, mostly very well paid for what they do, and some of them all season have not been good enough in terms of performance and application. 

Fair play if they have done this because several members of this squad (Shaw included) frankly need a few home truths. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Lots of jealousy here. I think he’s a really good prospect, and this is an excellent move for him. 

It’s a great move for him, and he’s 100% correct to take the money based on hype vs performance 

Do you know if he’s even ever turned in a good performance against a top Championship side? 

• Like 3

Just now, edinburghowl said:

Frankly I’d rather see and hear about the captain doing what he did, and senior players like Hutchinson and Paterson taking junior players to task like Bannan did, rather than simply doing nothing.

It shows that they might actually be bothered which is more than can be said for several of the gutless shitebags in this ‘team’. 

It is competitive sport, arguments happen, criticism happens, tempers will flare, it happens in training and in matches. They are professionals in a high pressure environment, mostly very well paid for what they do, and some of them all season have not been good enough in terms of performance and application. 

Fair play if they have done this because several members of this squad (Shaw included) frankly need a few home truths. 

Makes note to follow @edinburghowl man management skills in dealing with youngsters in the workplace. Checks company policies which identify said actions as bullying in the workplace.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s a great move for him, and he’s 100% correct to take the money based on hype vs performance 

Do you know if he’s even ever turned in a good performance against a top Championship side? 

Have any of our players this season?

Why we singling out Shaw? He’s shown more than a lot of the senior pros who have been quite frankly pathetic this season. And that includes Sam Hutchinson and Callum Paterson who has Premier League games and international caps on his CV.

• Like 4

Not that this is a verified story, but it's telling that people think it's acceptable in 2021 to grab someone by the throat if they raised an opinion in the workplace.

If Moore has got his tactics wrong, and if Shaw raised it (rightly or wrongly to do so), then are some players the dressing room regulators dishing out justice?    Are we in Vermissa Valley?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Makes note to follow @edinburghowl man management skills in dealing with youngsters in the workplace. Checks company policies which identify said actions as bullying in the workplace.

This is how the need to be treated because in a normal workplace if a young kid is having a go at his boss he will be reprimanded, sacked, and have that dismissal on his CV which is obviously a big deterrent. That can’t happen in football so it has to be dealt with in an old school way

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Have any of our players this season?

Why we singling out Shaw? He’s shown more than a lot of the senior pros who have been quite frankly pathetic this season. And that includes Sam Hutchinson and Callum Paterson who has Premier League games and international caps on his CV.

Yes all the squad collectively poor, Hutchinson had a far better game than the captain last night and did what he was supposed to do as well as getting forward. For a crock he has probably got more man of the match performances than our superstar. Hutchinson can play as a midfielder in a strong midfield but more legs needed if BB is part of the midfield therefore play him at CB as he is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Patterson, Pelupessy, Palmer and Lees nowhere near good enough for playing possession football this or any other season.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Not that this is a verified story, but it's telling that people think it's acceptable in 2021 to grab someone by the throat if they raised an opinion in the workplace.

If Moore has got his tactics wrong, and if Shaw raised it (rightly or wrongly to do so), then are some players the dressing room regulators dishing out justice?    Are we in Vermissa Valley?

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Oh dear, oh dear. 

For me Shaw is a big talent and good player, but he has been awful since he signed for Celtic. I really can't understand why he keeps getting picked before likes of Hunt and Waldock who might be here next season. His form certainly doesn't deserve it. 

As for Hutchinson putting youngsters "to his place" goes... Don't know if it is true, but if it is than he should look at his performance first as he was just as poor as Shaw was and it wasn't his first cr*p performance since coming back. Unlike Shaw he doesn't have excuse of been 20 years old with 10 first team starts under his name. Shame there is no one to grab him by the neck and put him "into his place".

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

Lots of jealousy here. I think he’s a really good prospect, and this is an excellent move for him. 

Am  I jealous of a bloke earning a very good living at football and signed for one of the biggest clubs In Europe and probably has loads of nice birds chasing him. Too bloody right I am!!!

• Haha 1

If "IF" the story is actually true then at least there is some sort of passion there. Football/sport is not a normal working place emotions and adrenaline run high, these are supposed to be competitive sportsmen so the bullying in the work place is totally void with this sort of action IMO. People are too soft.

I'm not going to bash too Shaw too much even though I'm gutted he going but his performances have plummeted dramatically since signing for celtic probably not wanting to get injured.  I'd drop him, his head is gone. Of course is not the only one that isn't performing but the lack of intent is too showing its not like the odd mistake it's disinterest.

It seems to reflect the culture we've slipped into. 

As we sit on the verge of a precipice that is L1, we seemingly have senior pros laying into a young starlet who's signed a contract with Celtic. Whilst Shaw's done little to demonstrate he's the real deal yet, successive managers this year have played him, and he clearly is developing and will have good and indifferent periods. He is going and the pros should wish him well not abuse him. Unfortunately for them, they're stuck at a toxic club drifting into L1 without a fight; not Shaw's fault but a collective fault which the senior Pros need to take their share of the blame.

Whether he goes on to better things is probably irrelevant for now, but this may contributed to these pros' actions - jealousy? Seems to me the pros - Hutch, BB, Westwood, Lees, Pateson have failed to install any positive cultural in the dressing room which is summed up by the performances this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Noleafclover said:

If "IF" the story is actually true then at least there is some sort of passion there. Football/sport is not a normal working place emotions and adrenaline run high, these are supposed to be competitive sportsmen so the bullying in the work place is totally void with this sort of action IMO. People are too soft.

I'm not going to bash too Shaw too much even though I'm gutted he going but his performances have plummeted dramatically since signing for celtic probably not wanting to get injured.  I'd drop him, his head is gone. Of course is not the only one that isn't performing but the lack of intent is too showing its not like the odd mistake it's disinterest.

Passion? No passion on the pitch. Just a bunch of "overpaid "superstars" stealing a wage with the odd hissy fit and tantrum thrown in. I bet our youngsters can't wait to play with these senior players who don't cut the mustard themselves. This could be a reason why we don't develop youngsters due to the toxic culture in the club.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

having a go at his boss he will be reprimanded, sacked, and have that dismissal on his CV

That would be up to the boss.  Paterson or Hutchinson are not the boss of Shaw, Moore is.   

If this is the environment of the team, this is how issues are dealt with, then let's look on how that reflects our performances as a team.   We have played 41 games and lost 22.  It doesn't work, it hasn't worked, hence why we are second from bottom.  Same goes for Bannan/Wildsmith vs QPR.  It didn't work, the scoreline only got worse from there.

It doesn't show passion, it shows that we have angry people who are unable to work together as a team, and the way they deal with it is to lash out at any mistake rather than dealing with the consequences or trying to make improvements.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1