Liam Shaw v Hutchinson/pato

34 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Give over "old school way" the only people who talk like that are the types who have a dash cam but drive round giving it the biggun 

lol

Have you never read a football autobiography or listened to a podcast? it's quite normal, don't know how you're even arguing it 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Look who Owlstalk voted as man of the match.

The only thing I remember from Shaw in that game is him ‘neshing’ the challenge on the half way line in the last minute before Ladapo’s goal. He was also voted MOM in the Derby match where he was god damn awful and almost cost us a goal in injury time. He’s a poor player with a donkey first touch. Good riddance!

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Subjective isn’t it. Nearly cost us the game at the end with an error but overall I thought he had a really good game in an unfamiliar centre back position. 

Sky recognised this too and gave him MOTM. 

Your his number one fan or a family relative😁

Incredible negativity towards Shaw on this thread.... "His hearts not in it, he off to Celtic at the end of the season and he doesn't want to get injured" etc etc etcfookincetera.....  Did any of you see Izzy Brown literally jump out of a tackle at around 80 minutes last night? Does anyone on here actually realise that at least 7 of the players on the field last night will be out of contract come June 30? The plain fact of the matter is that NOBODY'S heart is in SWFC at the present moment due to the total imbecile that "runs" the club.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Look who Owlstalk voted as man of the match.

Great, a couple of stand out performances to match his couple of red cards aside from the distinctly average dozen or so games.

Interesting that you think the Owlstalk man of the match vote carries some weight in this instance but when Bannan is the winner or regularly in the top 2 or 3 you don't take much notice. 

12 hours ago, morganowl said:

6months ago nobody heard of liam shaw , look what happened to g hirst a silly boy who thinks he is the man on 10grand a week and proven nothing ,not even 1 goal for rotherham . 

A silly boy who'd never played in the first eleven.

That's where your argument fails.

Shaw has played for the first eleven regularly this season and should have been offered a contract that reflected that.

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

A silly boy who'd never played in the first eleven.

That's where your argument fails.

Shaw has played for the first eleven regularly this season and should have been offered a contract that reflected that.

I think he was but Celtic offered better terms. 

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think he was but Celtic offered better terms. 

I seem to remember a thread about this earlier in the season. The feeling/rumour was the offer from us wasn't worth weeing on for a player who was becoming an established figure in the side.

I'm more inclined to believe DC fizzed that up opening the door for other suitors.

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

The only thing I remember from Shaw in that game is him ‘neshing’ the challenge on the half way line in the last minute before Ladapo’s goal. He was also voted MOM in the Derby match where he was god damn awful and almost cost us a goal in injury time. He’s a poor player with a donkey first touch. Good riddance!

Maybe these owlstalk professional football talent spotters should go and tell him he's wasted his life in the wrong profession.

"He almost cost us a goal".... As opposed to several other very highly paid senior players who routinely cost us goals week in week out.

Give yer ed a wobble. 

He's raw but will be an asset to any team he plays in.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
48 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Maybe these owlstalk professional football talent spotters should go and tell him he's wasted his life in the wrong profession.

"He almost cost us a goal".... As opposed to several other very highly paid senior players who routinely cost us goals week in week out.

Give yer ed a wobble. 

Your opinion. Mine is he’ll be in League 1 or 2 like Sean Clare in 2-3 years. Let’s wait and see.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
49 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Give yer ed a wobble. 

By the way ‘give your head a wobble’ is a bleeding stupid phrase! Lol

52 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Your opinion. Mine is he’ll be in League 1 or 2 like Sean Clare in 2-3 years. Let’s wait and see.

Absolutely, I think Shaw has more about him that Clare though. Good engine, bit of a unit, tough tackling, good vision and skill for forward passes and isn't afraid to shoot.

Sure he's raw at the moment but with the right coaching I expect he'll be playing much higher than L1/2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Absolutely, I think Shaw has more about him that Clare though. Good engine, bit of a unit, tough tackling, good vision and skill for forward passes and isn't afraid to shoot.

Sure he's raw at the moment but with the right coaching I expect he'll be playing much higher than L1/2

I’m a coach myself and I don’t see hardly any of those things. 
Good engine: No he’s huffing and puffing after 60 mins in every game. Watch carefully 

Unit : yes I agree but doesn’t use it properly. Could get coached into him

Tough tackling: No. Hes actually poor at this. Fouls all the time, gets stupid red cards and even neshes challenges (see Rotherham)

Vision: Yes totally agree

Skill: No His second touch is usually a tackle. Don’t let the Exeter run fool you like it did Celtic

Shooting: he’s ok. Decent shot on Tuesday but one goal suggests he ain’t that good.

As I said we shall see. He’s young so with good coaching he may improve as there are some things to work with. However and don’t take this the wrong way but I feel you are falling into the trap that many of our fans do in seeing something that isn’t there just because he’s ‘one of our own’ as we are desperately hoping we can produce someone near the level the pigs have.

It would be cool if in three years one of us can pull up this thread and see who was right. I’ll gladly apologize if it’s you.

If true it says a lot about the "one last payday" about hutch people. 

It's nice to hear that there's at least a couple along with Patterson that are annoyed about the present circumstances and angry about sub standard performances. If we had a few more with that attitude then maybe we wouldn't be in our current predicament. 

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Give yer ed a wobble. 

He hasn’t been an asset to us..2 sending offs and not much else...1 good game v 4th division Exeter...got Sean #flair written all over him