Liam Shaw v Hutchinson/pato

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Liam Shaw was absolutely awful last night, strolling around the pitch like Billy Big B****cks.

He is so overrated by some fans on here, had as many good games for us as Sean Clare did.

The minute he signed that pre contract deal with Celtic, he’s been garbage which tells you everything you need to know about him.

The sooner he is gone the better.

Sean Clare was miles better imo - Shaw has been very average in the league and only shined against lower league opposition, whereas Clare was lighting it up against too Championship sides.  And Clare has ended up at Burton Albion! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reggae said:

Just saying. I don't think mr Shaw will play again this season. 

Held by neck in dressing room by Mr Hutchinson after playing billy big balls and slating tactics. 

And then told his effort and attitude is balls by Mr paterson. 

At least the big 2unite for once. 

Suppose Saturday will tell. But no great loss if true 

Whatever Liam Shaw does not look at all ready for first team football.

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Christ Almighty, I’m a lefty but the reaction to a made up story of professional footballers shouting at each other is hilarious 

Its possibly true , possibly not . One thing for true is senior  pros should always back the manager.

I think this Celtic move could end up been a bad move for his career. I don’t see him breaking into there first team. A full season with us in league one and I reckon he would have improved much more as a player. But it’s easy for me to say, I didn’t have a nice big contract dangled in front of me.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Have any of our players this season?

Why we singling out Shaw? He’s shown more than a lot of the senior pros who have been quite frankly pathetic this season. And that includes Sam Hutchinson and Callum Paterson who has Premier League games and international caps on his CV.

Probably because this is a thread about Shaw.

And yes, of course some of our players have performed well against top teams this season.

However I can only recall Shaw having good games against average to poor sides (and I include Derby in that where he had a shocking performance yet got MOTM)

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, malek said:

For me Shaw is a big talent and good player, but he has been awful since he signed for Celtic.

I agree with that. Too many that cut a figure of someone going through the motions. Shaw knowing he’s off to bigger things, and others knowing they’ll also be leaving. We needed commitment from players that are no longer committed. No surprise we didn’t get it. 

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I agree with that. Too many that cut a figure of someone going through the motions. Shaw knowing he’s off to bigger things, and others knowing they’ll also be leaving. We needed commitment from players that are no longer committed. No surprise we didn’t get it. 

Many of them probably already got deals elsewhere lined up, they didn't want to get injured and jeopardize their moves, it's so obvious. Going through motions is the perfect summary of last two games

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

That would be up to the boss.  Paterson or Hutchinson are not the boss of Shaw, Moore is.   

If this is the environment of the team, this is how issues are dealt with, then let's look on how that reflects our performances as a team.   We have played 41 games and lost 22.  It doesn't work, it hasn't worked, hence why we are second from bottom.  Same goes for Bannan/Wildsmith vs QPR.  It didn't work, the scoreline only got worse from there.

It doesn't show passion, it shows that we have angry people who are unable to work together as a team, and the way they deal with it is to lash out at any mistake rather than dealing with the consequences or trying to make improvements.

So when the great 90s Wednesday team do it - brilliant

when the great arsenal team do it - brilliant

when the rubbish Wednesday team do it -  angry people that can’t work as a team

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Its isn't improving things is it? Imagine that dressing room, the training ground atmosphere and Moore has to work with this group to try and perform a miracle. Actions by our superstar senior pro's in the last few games isn't the way to do it and they certainly shouldn't by carrying on like that. If a player isn't doing their job or speaks out of turn then it's Moore's job to deal with it. This highlights there is no discipline at the club which is deep rooted and goes back over previous seasons.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Its isn't improving things is it? Imagine that dressing room, the training ground atmosphere and Moore has to work with this group to try and perform a miracle. Actions by our superstar senior pro's in the last few games isn't the way to do it and they certainly shouldn't by carrying on like that. If a player isn't doing their job or speaks out of turn then it's Moore's job to deal with it. This highlights there is no discipline at the club which is deep rooted and goes back over previous seasons.

Nothings improving it, nothing. Did you not consider maybe they’ve tried the ‘being nice’ angle? I’m sure they have and it’s got them nowhere. The impending relegation has probably sent a few over the edge and rightfully so.

What do you expect a relegated dressing room to look or sound like? You are so out of touch with all this  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The Wednesday side of the early 90s and the Arsenal sides won games though.

Plus Football has moved on, I dont think you can have players who pin you up by the neck on the dressing room anymore and have a go.

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

Its possibly true , possibly not . One thing for true is senior  pros should always back the manager.

In public they should. I think actually all have this season but hard these days to keep a total lid on things that happen on in private.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, should know better said:

Yes all the squad collectively poor, Hutchinson had a far better game than the captain last night and did what he was supposed to do as well as getting forward. For a crock he has probably got more man of the match performances than our superstar. Hutchinson can play as a midfielder in a strong midfield but more legs needed if BB is part of the midfield therefore play him at CB as he is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Patterson, Pelupessy, Palmer and Lees nowhere near good enough for playing possession football this or any other season.  

😂 haha hes the worst midfielder in the league by far the guy can barely run. Look at their second goal we had 3 centre backs and only one of them was anywhere near where they should be when the cross came in hes miles out of position just plodding around like a sunday league player with a hangover.

Ive seen a quicker turn of pace from Captain Tom. Best thing we ever did was release him.

Some of the snow flakes in here are hilarious. 

Every successful team ever has had raging dressing room bust ups. You hear stories all the time of what went off in Wengers, Fergies, Mourinhos dressing rooms through old tales and new podcasts. Players don't have to get on, players can have a scrap as long as they are together on the pitch thats all that matters. 

Happens in winning and loosing dressing rooms. Nice to hear of some potential passion. 

Get over yourselves 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, kilbyj said:

Some of the snow flakes in here are hilarious. 

Every successful team ever has had raging dressing room bust ups. You hear stories all the time of what went off in Wengers, Fergies, Mourinhos dressing rooms through old tales and new podcasts. Players don't have to get on, players can have a scrap as long as they are together on the pitch thats all that matters. 

Happens in winning and loosing dressing rooms. Nice to hear of some potential passion. 

Get over yourselves 

Embarrassing isn’t it. People acting like the current generation don’t have an ounce of mental toughness in their body, it’s pathetic.

This whole ‘let’s not offend anyone’ culture has truly gone bonkers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1