Liam Shaw v Hutchinson/pato

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

😂 haha hes the worst midfielder in the league by far the guy can barely run. Look at their second goal we had 3 centre backs and only one of them was anywhere near where they should be when the cross came in hes miles out of position just plodding around like a sunday league player with a hangover.

Ive seen a quicker turn of pace from Captain Tom. Best thing we ever did was release him.

Just looked at the second goal again because my memory is fading in old age. Shows Hutchinson in the right sided centre back position (where he started the match) covering Borner who in turn is filling in for the wing back.  Should he have left the guy to attack the area and get into the box?.

The captain has played a great part in 4 out of the last 5 goals conceded yet he supposedly walks into any top six team in this league. 

Watch what the players do not the pre conceived crock angle where someone is going to play one miss ten and get sent off more often than not. 

How many goals from open play has the former centre half Shaw scored? more than our captain who could have been booked and sent off in two of the last 3 games, good job his reputation affords him some protection from the refs.

1 minute ago, should know better said:

Just looked at the second goal again because my memory is fading in old age. Shows Hutchinson in the right sided centre back position (where he started the match) covering Borner who in turn is filling in for the wing back.  Should he have left the guy to attack the area and get into the box?.

The captain has played a great part in 4 out of the last 5 goals conceded yet he supposedly walks into any top six team in this league. 

Watch what the players do not the pre conceived crock angle where someone is going to play one miss ten and get sent off more often than not. 

How many goals from open play has the former centre half Shaw scored? more than our captain who could have been booked and sent off in two of the last 3 games, good job his reputation affords him some protection from the refs.

Just run through with us why you’re blaming Bannan for last nights goals. 

32 minutes ago, should know better said:

The whole point of playing 3 centre backs is if your wingback gets caught out and a centre back has to go out of position to cover you still have 2 centrebacks to cover the penalty area. You see from where the ball is played Borner is going across to cover and Bannan is 10 yards behind the scorer, Hutch has a slight head start over their number 9? Hutch should have tracked this man allowing Lees to fit across and cover the eventual goalscorer. That would be two centrebacks marking the two attackers in the area. As it was he just plodded along and did nothing.

Poor defending from a player who yet again as he already has multiple times this season shows he is yards off the pace of championship football.

And dont think im saying it just to stickup for Bannan as i'm quite often critical of the defensive side of his game.

swfc.PNG

swfc1.PNG

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Anyway, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

We've got enough wasters, let alone one leaving for Celtic in the summer.

Yep. I said when he agreed the contract for Celtic that he shouldn’t play for this club again. Not because of animosity or lack of talent, but because his head and heart won’t be fully in it, and it’s proving.

• Like 1

His best game for the club by a country mile was against Exeter where he played centreback. 

Pelupessy has keep him out as many games as he has started in midfield this season. 

Why we haven’t tried him at centre-back again I don't know. 

Think Celtic will probably play him there and he will do ok.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought he was great in the wins against Boro and Derby where he picked up consecutive MOTM awards.

Thought he played well in the defeat to Rotherham too. Only one who was trying to do something positive in that game.

Of course I’m measuring his contributions taking into account his age and experience. Think he’s done well for a 19 year old lad in a struggling team with unrest behind the scenes in his first full season as a pro. 

He was abysmal against Derby

Could have cost us 4 goals alone. 

Shocking performance and delightfully comical that sky gave him MOTM

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He was abysmal against Derby

Could have cost us 4 goals alone. 

Shocking performance and delightfully comical that sky gave him MOTM

Subjective isn’t it. Nearly cost us the game at the end with an error but overall I thought he had a really good game in an unfamiliar centre back position. 

Sky recognised this too and gave him MOTM. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Subjective isn’t it. Nearly cost us the game at the end with an error but overall I thought he had a really good game in an unfamiliar centre back position. 

Nearly cost us 4 times mate.

The one at the end, the header that hit the bar and a couple of others I can’t remember exactly without checking the highlights - but I’ve broken it down on here before so I know it’s legit

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

The whole point of playing 3 centre backs is if your wingback gets caught out and a centre back has to go out of position to cover you still have 2 centrebacks to cover the penalty area. You see from where the ball is played Borner is going across to cover and Bannan is 10 yards behind the scorer, Hutch has a slight head start over their number 9? Hutch should have tracked this man allowing Lees to fit across and cover the eventual goalscorer. That would be two centrebacks marking the two attackers in the area. As it was he just plodded along and did nothing.

Poor defending from a player who yet again as he already has multiple times this season shows he is yards off the pace of championship football.

And dont think im saying it just to stickup for Bannan as i'm quite often critical of the defensive side of his game.

swfc.PNG

swfc1.PNG

Hutch is marking the space between Borner and the goal.

If Borner gets beat, then their player has a free run.

Hutch looks over his shoulder several times and all he needed was a shout from Lees to drop in, if needed.

But if Borner gets beaten someone has to make the ground up, you take your zone and defend that zone.

Two main options for the wide man

Cross it high centrally or pull it back low.

Hutch being where he is makes the latter harder.

That's the decision he made, that's where he looked several times and positioned himself

Bannan gets goal side of his man, correctly, than ball watches for a split second, losing sight of his man. That's all it takes. I'll forgive him for it because that isn't his game.

His main game is to be the creative force yet he still ends up being the last man. He's managed to get back, yet the other's didn't want to enough or didn't care enough.

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Was Pelupessy anywhere? I genuinely don’t know because I haven’t seen it (apart from the actual header)

He looks like he’s 5 yards outside the box when the ball is crossed on the screenshot above 

I've not seen anything about this story. Having said that, there are very few players at the club beyond criticism. Palmer has done his best, ok he's limited but he does seem to be trying. Reach has put some effort in the last few games, better late than never. Bannan has grafted away recently. Paterson is very limited but he does try. Windass seems to be the best of the bunch, he was as selfish as they come but someone has staightened him out and he's been the best of the bunch. Rhodes, sometime great, sometimes off with the faries but he's always been a bit like that, he either scores or does nothing.

Apart from the above I'm surprised the rest can bear to look at themselves in the mirror in the morning. Glad to see the back of them.

If I've been unfair to anyone I'm sure you will let me know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

None of them have blue and white blood. Gutless wonders the lot of them.

It's laughable slagging off a young player for doing what's best for his career progression when only one of our senior players has shown any loyalty and signed a contract so we can get something for him when we sell him.

Being fair to the lad DC had every opportunity to offer him a decent contract 6-12 months ago. Instead he offers a pittance and invites other suitors.

I'm not surprised he's frustrated when his boyhood club treats him that way.

6months ago nobody heard of liam shaw , look what happened to g hirst a silly boy who thinks he is the man on 10grand a week and proven nothing ,not even 1 goal for rotherham . 

40 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Hutch is marking the space between Borner and the goal.

If Borner gets beat, then their player has a free run.

Hutch looks over his shoulder several times and all he needed was a shout from Lees to drop in, if needed.

But if Borner gets beaten someone has to make the ground up, you take your zone and defend that zone.

Two main options for the wide man

Cross it high centrally or pull it back low.

Hutch being where he is makes the latter harder.

That's the decision he made, that's where he looked several times and positioned himself

Bannan gets goal side of his man, correctly, than ball watches for a split second, losing sight of his man. That's all it takes. I'll forgive him for it because that isn't his game.

His main game is to be the creative force yet he still ends up being the last man. He's managed to get back, yet the other's didn't want to enough or didn't care enough.

Exactly and guess what you wont ever see space getting on the scoresheet for any team.

If Borner gets beat then so be it, then Hutch, Lees or even Bannan by this point can go and help close him down. Fact is you can see in the second picture he is just about to cross and Hutch isnt in any position to stop anything unless it gets pulled right back towards the edge of the area and if this happens its on Shaw or Pelupessy to be there. Even Bannan made up more ground than him, his legs were gone a year ago and yet we still persist with making excuses for this crap. 

Take your point about Lees though and I was going to mention it, most of the time he seems too scared to open his own mouth. Hes as meek as a kid thats been caught with his hand in the cookie jar a championship defender of 200+ games and he still needs an experienced defender next to him to hold his hand.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

This is how the need to be treated because in a normal workplace if a young kid is having a go at his boss he will be reprimanded, sacked, and have that dismissal on his CV which is obviously a big deterrent. That can’t happen in football so it has to be dealt with in an old school way

Give over "old school way" the only people who talk like that are the types who have a dash cam but drive round giving it the biggun 

lol

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nobody played well against Derby.

We were absolutely abysmal that night and should’ve been 3 down at HT.

The fact that we won that game was almost as baffling as Shaws MOTM.