Ravel Morrison

Clutching at straws.

its REALLY obvious some players lack the desire or hunger, there not playing for new contracts,there off after the final game, and bringing in a player on a short term deal with an opportunity to make that permanent may just inject a bit more purpose to the engine room so i can see the logic

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Probably take him in L1 next season.

To be fair, if we could have him playing as a No.10 in L1, he would rip it to spreads.

Another thing to consider.... maybe DM might be the perfect manager for him. Seems a top bloke who would manage someone as highly strung as RM

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

To be fair, if we could have him playing as a No.10 in L1, he would rip it to spreads.

Another thing to consider.... maybe DM might be the perfect manager for him. Seems a top bloke who would manage someone as highly strung as RM

Yes in Moore’s preferred formation of having the row of 3 players behind a central striker we could potentially have Green, Morrison, Windass.  Which could be decent enough in league 1..  As we know, we’d need a good striker up top, but that’s been needed for a while now.  

• Like 1

If the contract fits our budget and is structured to mitigate risk then I don't see the issue? I don't see the creativity coming from the deep positions moving forward, so either Bannan plays in the three behind the striker (which I'm not sure he can) or we need some new options. If RM is a similar cost to any other League 1 prospect then I'd suggest he's got plenty in his locker to do well at that level. 

It's weird that a few years ago, Wilder thought he MAY be worth a punt at premier level but Owlstalk experts seem to think he MAY not be worth a punt at League 1 level??? 

I'd love us to have some exciting flair in the team that has the ability to beat a man, receive the ball in tight positions and turn and go. Our creativity for far too long has came at walking pace. Let's move on.  

If he wants to play football and take this chance, he needs to show he's got the right mentality now and earn a deal for next season in League 1.

If he sticks to it and shows even 70% of his talent , he will be the best player in that division. He could push on his career from there.

You never know, we are due a break, he might become our main man! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 0114 said:

Even forgetting all the baggage that comes with Morrison, he’s only managed to play 32 games in the last 4 years.  

Come on now, be fair, that’s a reasonable amount for a Wednesday player.

• Haha 2

Just now, gurujuan said:

This is interesting, is this a sign of what we can expect from Moore? Is it him chasing Simpson and Morrison so late in the day, or are we still operating in our usual dysfunctional way?

I don't mind the idea of players down on their luck, below their market value. This, in my opinion,  however has to be:

A) Part of a balanced approach with mixture of younger prospects, seasoned pro's and players lost their way

B) Only apply to players with an upside or potential to deliver ROI if they prove a point. That likely rules out Simpson

Let's not forget, Hutch had previously retired before his second chance & Lees was deemed no good at Leeds. If the financial outlay protects us, IE pay as you play and highly performanced incentivised then it's a no brainer. Morrison has the potential to be a star in league one. Or he doesn't play and costs us 1/10 or 1/20 of JvA. 

Guest wilyfox

Waste vs genius. He would accomplish nothing, but could make remaining games more fun to watch - and football should entertain. 

17 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

cannot see the problem, if he fits the wage bill and is fit will offer some creativity which we lack

I think the problem is, historically, he's a waster. As long as we don't give him anything longer than a month at a time, he'll have to keep trying. Anything longer & he'll down tools, as he always has in the past.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Great, more dosh?.

Not for us.

My inference Lucas part of his agents Third Party Investment policy.

Moore says a decision will be made in the next few days.  Kinda hope he signs, will make things interesting.  The guy is an amazing talent and maybe the thought of being a hero by keeping us up will give him the motivation he needs 

• Like 1