Ravel Morrison

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, Minton said:

That's a totally different thing, uber lost the case for claiming their employees were freelancers.

Self-employed people pay their own pensions and own NI. This is a fact. I'm self-employed and it's what I have to do. The companies I work for don't pay jack sh*t. 

Players will be paid as self-employed or Ltd companies. 

You still haven't explained where you got the 27% figures from either. 

1 main income source , must be employed.

27 is market rate for footy

players.

Why we lost £77 million in last accounts.

10 minutes ago, Minton said:

Scam? I'm a freelancer and I have to pay my own pension and NI. Employers only have to match a pension contribution if they are PAYE. Any player who is PAYE is an idiot as the tax implications are huge. 

And where did you get 27% from?

Sheffield Wednesday had an employee wage bill over £40M for around 200 employees in 2017-18. Players are contracted to clubs as paid employees, they can earn separately from image rights but they are paid employees of the club. 

15 minutes ago, Minton said:

But the players will probably be paid as freelancers (most likely as a Ltd company) so they will have to pay their own pensions and NI contributions. 

8 minutes ago, Minton said:

Any player who is PAYE is an idiot as the tax implications are huge.

They have contracts and are employees of SWFC, they have to be on the payroll and PAYE.

So they will all be paying tax at the 45% rate as well as class 1 NI contributions. SWFC will also have to pay Employers NI.

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Talk about wetting the bed, he's not even signed yet.

He was play for ADO Den Haag in Holland, he won't have been on a massive wage there, he wouldn't be here

You do know that EVERY transfer in football comes with risk?

We've got a white elephant upfront who has cost the club probably the best part of 20 million quid over the years he was here and if you looked at his record before he'd signed you wouldn't be complaining

Literally every signing we could possibly make gets derided on here as useless 

Why not give the benefit of the doubt and see what he does based on actual time here, rather than rubbishing the guy before he's even signed, that's bizarre.

Is he likely to succeed, probably not.  

Might he succeed? Who knows, I'd rather be glass half full than glass half empty and get behind a player rather than deride him before he's even played a minute for the club

So because I see this potential signing as a risk not worth taking based on his actual career over the last 7 years this is classed as bed wetting? Have a word with yourself and debate the point rather than resorting to that.

He has been useless and bombed out by clubs at a variety of levels year on year. We need to move forward, get away from players who haven't done it consistently and have a track record for issues and look to build a better way. 

5 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/10/tax-affairs-of-246-footballers-being-investigated-by-hmrc-in-2019-20

Players are employees and are taxed via PAYE. That is why HMRC debts often result in administration.

Image rights are being investigated for some players as they appear to be out of proportion to the player's wage or standing in the game.

Just to make clear image rights are paid as if the player is self employed and can be taxed at a lower rate but they appear to be increasingly used as a way to reduce tax by adjusting the proportion of employee pay and self employed pay.

Was just having a look at his career as I thought he was older. 

In 10 years he's not established himself at any club for a decent period. 

By my count less than a 100 appearances in 10 years 6 clubs and 5 loan spells and we've people complained about Nando, Hutch and Westwood. 

When he applies himself he's undoubtedly a talented lad, but there's definitely something wrong upstairs. 

Screenshot_20210318-132909.png

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So because I see this potential signing as a risk not worth taking based on his actual career over the last 7 years this is classed as bed wetting? Have a word with yourself and debate the point rather than resorting to that.

He has been useless and bombed out by clubs at a variety of levels year on year. We need to move forward, get away from players who haven't done it consistently and have a track record for issues and look to build a better way. 

In a week?

Hang on mate cos this is the new normal.

Including next season.

Celtic offered £8k a week more than us.

We will be lucky for Stocksbridge rejects.

And i dont mean that other reformed bad boy Vardy.

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He's not even signed so having a melt down before it's even happened is seomthing I would consider that bed wetting

I gave you a whole paragraph about debating the point. I still think there's a lot of bed wetting going on about it 🙂

It's something we're not going to see eye to eye on so all is good, variety is the spice of life so no hard feelings either way, we all want the best for the club.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
10 minutes ago, marshy said:

Leaving aside  who it is for a moment, the question is who recomended him or was it forced upon him?

The only positive looks like Paxo been stuffed.

I d throw him and Danny in next game, even half fit.

Just for Clarity, it states training with us that's all

it could be an old pals act or a favour to keep his fitness up 

But just to be clear we've not offered anything other than an opportunity for a player to train with us and if he was to be the bad influence that everyone who's ITK on here says he is, then I'm sure Darren Moore will tell him he cant train with us anymore

Christ alive there are so many bigger issues to get your knickers in a twist about 

2 hours ago, Guesswhosback said:

Great spine next year 

Westwood 

Hutchinson 

Simpson 

Morrison 

Would be looking at getting Boyd back as well as bringing in someone like Murray 

Re signing players who we have achieved nothing with,,,,,why??  'Hutch' 'Westy'....

20 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Just for Clarity, it states training with us that's all

it could be an old pals act or a favour to keep his fitness up 

But just to be clear we've not offered anything other than an opportunity for a player to train with us and if he was to be the bad influence that everyone who's ITK on here says he is, then I'm sure Darren Moore will tell him he cant train with us anymore

Christ alive there are so many bigger issues to get your knickers in a twist about 

For what its worth whilst at Man Utd Ferguson thought him a prospect...maybe if DM can rekindle that...

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Adam Reach has played 200 games for Wednesday alone, that's nearly twice as much as Morrison has played his entire career.

And they're the same age.

I have to wonder what people get from making up quotes from other posters to respond to....have some people really got such sad and empty lives that this is how they get their kicks....pathetic