Ravel Morrison

If he's shown enough at training then I can't see the harm in offering a deal until the end of the season with an option for another year based on appearances or whatever. Something different to what we currently have and at this stage I'm not sure how much Moore trusts our fringe players or he generally doesn't make many subs

• Like 2

I think Moore likes the challenge of getting the best out of players whatever their style or character. He took John Bostock on at Doncaster and the legend that is Meggo did that here. Let’s not forget Moore may have been influenced by the ginger legend in his managerial approach having played for him at WBA?

Have we got anything to lose in signing Morrison? Absolutely not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important to remember we don't need a career out of him or value over a 3 year deal- just need an option for 9 games.

Looking at the video on YouTube of his debut for Den Haag, he looks like he could still do a job similar to the one Alex Lopez did for us, who did ok, although he wasn't quite Pirlo, as some people seem to remember him

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

8 hours ago, Jim said:

I think Moore likes the challenge of getting the best out of players whatever their style or character. He took John Bostock on at Doncaster and the legend that is Meggo did that here. Let’s not forget Moore may have been influenced by the ginger legend in his managerial approach having played for him at WBA?

Have we got anything to lose in signing Morrison? Absolutely not.

About 7 grand a week :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Where’s that been announced? Last night he was going to take another few days to make a decision about Ravel 

It hasn’t,  hopefully we’ll hear something tomorrow.

Moore might be the man to get the best out of Morrison, with their Jamaica links and his reputation of players liking the bloke 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 18/03/2021 at 11:32, Kanye West said:

Could go one of two ways, obviously got bags of ability which someone like Moore could get out of him. Or, it could be a disaster and he ends up leaving after playing one or two games which he seems to have a habit of doing.

If Sir Alex couldn't get the potential out of him, Moore wouldn't stand a chance

https://talksport.com/football/489447/ravel-morrison-sir-alex-ferguson-best-ever-seen-went-wrong/ - A little context on someone who has the talent in absolute abundance. Like many it was the application that was missing.

Question is could DM fix it? Who knows but the kid is still 28 so has many good years ahead of him. 

This is now the kind of market we are shopping in I'm afraid

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Trial him in the side in place of Reach. He couldn’t possibly be anymore invisible than him!

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would just be desperation really. Last throw at the dice on a player who has failed to live up to his potential at every club he’s been at.

The chances of it clicking and for him to fire us to safety is incredibly slim. 

It is desperate - but we are. Too little too late, but worth making sure.

We are in the last chance saloon and we are desperate, so for me anyone with obvious talent if not attitude for the last 9 games on a pay as you play deal is worth at least a look at in training, I'd have some one scouring the free transfer market for anyone who has been released from foreign clubs or premier clubs who might help us 

Sturridge is one who springs to mind 

Ask them to come down if they impress offer a short term deal if they don't or they don't want to come then move on, there's no harm done to us