Ravel Morrison

5 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

he's not signed he's training with the team thats all 

Why would Chansiri tell a random player to train as previously said if chansiri or paxo give a player he's signed like urby not just training 

Ah, ok.....tbf he trained with the pigs right before they signed him

https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer/news/12691/11754999/ravel-morrison-in-training-with-sheffield-united

I don’t see the harm in this TBH. It might work, it might not. No surprise to see the OT judge and Jury have already delivered their verdict. Same judge and jury that have already decided Moore’s a w@nk manager.

Guest Hornsby
40 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Where was he last night?,tch.

Probably talking to Leicester about Augusts move.

33 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How did he get on at Sheffield United following that article?

How has he got on anywhere since 2014? 

Feel like I'm getting deja vu here, but since 2014 Morrison has played for:

Lazio: Had problems with living abroad, asked to leave and wasn't considered for selection (along with 3 other players).
QPR (Loan):  Lacked fitness and couldn't break into the team, played 5 times
Atlas (Loan):  Played 25 Games, and did exceptionally well by all accounts, there was a change of coach and couple of injuries and he went back to Lazio
Ostersund: Short term deal, played 9 games, they loved him there, but they couldn't afford to keep him and Premier League teams were sniffing around
Sheffield United: Short term deal, played 5 games, couldn't get into a team with rigid tactics, that were doing well,  and went out on loan
Middlesborough (Loan): Was signed by Woodgate, and when Warnock came in he felt there were 3 players ahead of him saying “He needs to play games. Wherever he goes, his man (agent) has to find him a club where he plays. He has to be playing every game, build his confidence then his ability will come through."
ADO Den Haag: Left by mutual consent after tactical changes when a new coach was appointed. ADO Den Haag technical director stated 

“Ravel is a player who is so skilful, who should be in the last 20 metres of the opposition goal, and there he can do something creative with the ball and open the game and score goals.

But we played in a defensive style. So it wasn’t really a fit”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

Ravel Morrison?, Danny Simpson? FFS We are drinking in the last chance saloon.

What's Nile Ranger doing these days?

Hopefully, he's back on tour with Chic.  He did a great set at Tramlines a couple of years back.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beatpusher said:

Lazio: Had problems with living abroad, asked to leave and wasn't considered for selection (along with 3 other players).
Atlas (Loan):  Played 25 Games, and did exceptionally well by all accounts, there was a change of coach and couple of injuries and he went back to Lazio
Ostersund: Short term deal, played 9 games, they loved him there, but they couldn't afford to keep him and Premier League teams were sniffing around
Sheffield United: Short term deal, played 5 games, couldn't get into a team with rigid tactics, that were doing well,  and went out on loan
Middlesborough (Loan): Was signed by Woodgate, and when Warnock came in he felt there were 3 players ahead of him saying “He needs to play games. Wherever he goes, his man (agent) has to find him a club where he plays. He has to be playing every game, build his confidence then his ability will come through."
ADO Den Haag: Left by mutual consent after tactical changes when a new coach was appointed. ADO Den Haag technical director stated 

“Ravel is a player who is so skilful, who should be in the last 20 metres of the opposition goal, and there he can do something creative with the ball and open the game and score goals.

What's not to like?

A picture of success! 

55 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don’t see the harm in this TBH. It might work, it might not. No surprise to see the OT judge and Jury have already delivered their verdict. Same judge and jury that have already decided Moore’s a w@nk manager.

Just judging him on his record mate, bit like you did with Monk. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What's not to like?

A picture of success! 

Everyone who's worked with him in those 7 years has said he needs a run of games, something he's only been able to do a couple of times, for a variety of reasons. Fully fit he walks into our midfield, he's available, seemingly willing to come, and prefers to leave on good terms and find another club if it's not working out. What's the harm in trying?

What Wayne Rooney said about him:-

“I saw Paul Pogba come through, Jesse Lingard, all these players and Ravel was better than any of them by a country mile,” 

What Ravel said about his time with the pigs:-

“The only frustrating time with the time at Sheffield is that I wasn't get much game time because they were flying last year. They had great results and also had good players. Flecky [John Fleck] is unbelievable, they had him and Lunny [John Lundstram] in midfield, and David McGoldrick... they had a good team and they were all performing last year. As a team.

“So it was frustrating that I wasn't playing, because I would have liked to play in that team because I thought I could bring a lot to it.

“But with the results they were getting, you can't really complain.”

8 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

That’s all well and good but can he do it on a Wednesday night at home to Huddersfield? As our current feckers certainly couldn’t! 

2 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

Everyone who's worked with him in those 7 years has said he needs a run of games, something he's only been able to do a couple of times, for a variety of reasons. Fully fit he walks into our midfield, he's available, seemingly willing to come, and prefers to leave on good terms and find another club if it's not working out. What's the harm in trying?

Everyone said it - nobody was willing to give him it - for 7 years!