Ravel Morrison

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

We are in the last chance saloon and we are desperate, so for me anyone with obvious talent if not attitude for the last 9 games on a pay as you play deal is worth at least a look at in training, I'd have some one scouring the free transfer market for anyone who has been released from foreign clubs or premier clubs who might help us 

Sturridge is one who springs to mind 

Ask them to come down if they impress offer a short term deal if they don't or they don't want to come then move on, there's no harm done to us 

Sturridge probably has the best part of £10m in the bank. He ain’t going to be bothered about 8 or 9 games in a relegation slog for a few grand a week.

• Like 1

Just now, 83owl said:

Sturridge probably has the best part of £10m in the bank. He ain’t going to be bothered about 8 or 9 games in a relegation slog for a few grand a week.

Well then you move on then 

It was just an example 

None of us know any Players minds we just assume and maybe you are right on Sturridge and maybe you're not, but there are players out there that will have made the same money if not more but still just want to play football, or may even play to help Darren Moore out as a friend 

what I'm saying is, its worth asking the question to some of these players surely 

On 21/03/2021 at 01:53, Jim said:

I think Moore likes the challenge of getting the best out of players whatever their style or character. He took John Bostock on at Doncaster and the legend that is Meggo did that here. Let’s not forget Moore may have been influenced by the ginger legend in his managerial approach having played for him at WBA?

Have we got anything to lose in signing Morrison? Absolutely not.

10000% he was. 

https://www.coachesvoice.com/darren-moore-west-bromwich-albion/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would just be desperation really. Last throw at the dice on a player who has failed to live up to his potential at every club he’s been at.

The chances of it clicking and for him to fire us to safety is incredibly slim. 

Have we got anything to lose?

Contract until the end of the season and see what happens? 

Can't say I'd be expecting much, but Morrison would offer something different on the pitch.

• Like 3

You never know for certain that free agents, however famous, are not just keen to get another game. I remember Chris Waddle once turned out for Falkirk.  It's all a matter of attitude and commitment. Nobody needs a freeloader; a good player willing to put in serious effort is always going to be useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Have we got anything to lose?

Contract until the end of the season and see what happens? 

Can't say I'd be expecting much, but Morrison would offer something different on the pitch.

Rather we save the wages.

Wages which could be used to refund thousands of fans who are still owed their season ticket refunds for 19/20 season and soon for the 20/21 season.

• Like 2

Guest hirstysfags
10 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Or, put another way, a total waste of money

Depending on the terms 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Think he’ll play for free ?

Maybe he just wants to get his career back on track. Can't imagine he would've been earning a fortune at Ostersunds or Den Haag. Obviously very humble to have played for the blunts too so don't think wages will be too high.

40 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Maybe he just wants to get his career back on track. Can't imagine he would've been earning a fortune at Ostersunds or Den Haag. Obviously very humble to have played for the blunts too so don't think wages will be too high.

But the point is we are losing money each season. So if we pay him a tenner a week it’s adding to the deficit. We will be relegated this season and our income will reduce further. As a football fan I’d love us to take a punt on a maverick genius coming good with us. As a business man we should wait till the summer, release those whose contracts are expiring, sell those who don’t want to be here in League One and rebuild according to our means. 

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

But the point is we are losing money each season. So if we pay him a tenner a week it’s adding to the deficit. We will be relegated this season and our income will reduce further. As a football fan I’d love us to take a punt on a maverick genius coming good with us. As a business man we should wait till the summer, release those whose contracts are expiring, sell those who don’t want to be here in League One and rebuild according to our means. 

Ever heard of hedging your bets?

Guest hirstysfags
15 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Think he’ll play for free ?

No, but if he gets paid on output or games played....

24 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Yep. Every heard of throwing good money after bad? 
#BeGambleAware

Yes of course, however we the possibility of a short term risk balanced against a longer term decline in income.

The international break has come at a very good time for us, a real assessment can be made, I trust DM to make the right decision

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

Yes of course, however we the possibility of a short term risk balanced against a longer term decline in income.

The international break has come at a very good time for us, a real assessment can be made, I trust DM to make the right decision

100% agree, a short term risk that could prove pivitol and I trust DM will make the right call. Could be an inject of personnel this squad needs right now, player will only be offered a short term contract till end of season.

No brainer, so long as Moore believes it can add value to our hopes.

• Like 2