Ravel Morrison

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Exactly the same was said by fans of the last *checks notes* eleven clubs he's been at since leaving Man Utd.

Really? cut and paste the link that says so than,or alternatively admit you allegedly made it up....

1 minute ago, Beatpusher said:

Yes, we should probably give him a chance.

Based on doing OK in Mexico 3 years ago?

Why hasn't anyone else signed him up by now? Is all of football missing a trick here? Clearly impressed at Huddersfield last month. 

33 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

Feel like I'm getting deja vu here, but since 2014 Morrison has played for:

Lazio: Had problems with living abroad, asked to leave and wasn't considered for selection (along with 3 other players).
QPR (Loan):  Lacked fitness and couldn't break into the team, played 5 times
Atlas (Loan):  Played 25 Games, and did exceptionally well by all accounts, there was a change of coach and couple of injuries and he went back to Lazio
Ostersund: Short term deal, played 9 games, they loved him there, but they couldn't afford to keep him and Premier League teams were sniffing around
Sheffield United: Short term deal, played 5 games, couldn't get into a team with rigid tactics, that were doing well,  and went out on loan
Middlesborough (Loan): Was signed by Woodgate, and when Warnock came in he felt there were 3 players ahead of him saying “He needs to play games. Wherever he goes, his man (agent) has to find him a club where he plays. He has to be playing every game, build his confidence then his ability will come through."
ADO Den Haag: Left by mutual consent after tactical changes when a new coach was appointed. ADO Den Haag technical director stated 

“Ravel is a player who is so skilful, who should be in the last 20 metres of the opposition goal, and there he can do something creative with the ball and open the game and score goals.

But we played in a defensive style. So it wasn’t really a fit”

Played 12 minutes of league football for Sheffield United having impressed enough in training to be given a contract

3 players ahead of him in his position at Middlesbrough last season at a time when they were worse than us.

The manager who signed him at Ado Den Haag played him twice.

Failed to do enough on trial at Huddersfield last month.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Indeed I did mate. I gave Monk 4

months before I lost my sh!t, not 4 games.

Not on about Moore, I haven't given him any abuse. This thread is about Morrison and I am basing my opinion on his record over the past 7 years. 

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Played 12 minutes of league football for Sheffield United having impressed enough in training to be given a contract

3 players ahead of him in his position at Middlesbrough last season at a time when they were worse than us.

The manager who signed him at Ado Den Haag played him twice.

Failed to do enough on trial at Huddersfield last month.

“Ravel has been good for us. Really, really good in fact. I see him as a successful signing. People don’t see what he does in training. Trust me, he’s done well,” Wilder said (SUFC Twitter).

“He’s just been unlucky that John Lundstram and the other central midfield players have been in such good form”.

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

“Ravel has been good for us. Really, really good in fact. I see him as a successful signing. People don’t see what he does in training. Trust me, he’s done well,” Wilder said (SUFC Twitter).

“He’s just been unlucky that John Lundstram and the other central midfield players have been in such good form”.

And?

He was brilliant enough in training to get 12 minutes of league football and a couple of cup run outs in an entire season.  Just another one of Wilders 'successful' signings.

Plenty seem to have nice words to say about him. Few actually put him in their teams at any level. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

And?

He was brilliant enough in training to get 12 minutes of league football and a couple of cup run outs in an entire season.  Just another one of Wilders 'successful' signings.

Plenty seem to have nice words to say about him. Few actually put him in their teams at any level. 

I'm neither for or against him because I don't know enough about him.

Just pointing out that not everyone decries him.

I don't see any harm in this could he be worse than what we've already seen from our boys this season, risk worth taking if Moore can get something out of him, he obviously has talent but his career suggests that something hasn't gone right 

5 hours ago, Manwë said:

Morrison would definitely be a better option than we have at the moment. If we could get rid of Reach, Bannan and Westwood to free up wages for Morrison then I'd be right up for that

Really......you think Morrison would want the same wages as those 3 combined?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Really......you think Morrison would want the same wages as those 3 combined?

Not sure how it happened, but you're replying to a quote I didn't make (but has my name attached).