Next Season Could Be Fantastic

5 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

What makes you think we will be anywhere near the top end of the league 1 table?

Why not? We will have an unrecognisable squad to this season. I'm quite excited for next season already. A fresh start after the disaster that's been the last 4 years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You mean with players like shaw, hunt, waldock, Brennan, Urhoghide and penney.

Oh waiting a minute they will all not be here next season as our chairman values tying down the 30+ 'family players' instead of looking to the future to the players that will be worth something to the club in a season or two.

Shaw seems to definately going and Urhoghide may leave, nut the other's will not get better clubs just yet and will be guranteed 1st team football here next season, if they are good enough.

Personally, I would be playing them now, Waldock in midfield would give us some energy and tenacity at least.

Just now, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Why not? We will have an unrecognisable squad to this season. I'm quite excited for next season already. A fresh start after the disaster that's been the last 4 years. 

Have you seen the transfer windows of the last 5 years with Chancer and Paxo?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

An unrecognisable squad put together by Chansiri and his advisers with zero money.

I am half expecting us to get Adhe back.

27 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

That Carlisle goal is one of the best moments ever at hillsbro.

It was also one of the loudest. And there was only about 18000 there.  Everyone hugging each other. It meant so much.

I wish there was more footage of it.

It was even louder when we got our second to make it 2-1 in added time.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

An unrecognisable squad put together by Chansiri and his advisers with zero money.

I am half expecting us to get Adhe back.

Who knows what we can put together in the summer. What we do know is the majority of the poo players that are sending us into league one won't be here next season. 

53 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Not bothered what the division is, promotion seasons are amazing.  No matter what people say now the vast majority would return. Let’s hope DM is allowed to bring in who he wants (could be a problem) and builds a dynamic young team. 

We had the opportunity to do that every year under Chansiri. We never have. 

• Like 3

Here's my prediction for teams having fantastic seasons next year.

Sheff Utd under Chris Wilder getting promoted back to Prem.

Bristol City under Nigel Pearson battling for promotion.

Mick McCarthy doing likewise at Cardiff.

Ipswich romping to the League 1 title under Paul Cook.

Three of those 4 managers we could have  realistically got when we appointed Pulis. Instead our halfwit owner chooses to wait until March to appoint a League One manager with zero promotions to his name.

Ours will be anything but fantastic with the current setup still in place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Here's my prediction for teams having fantastic seasons next year.

Sheff Utd under Chris Wilder getting promoted back to Prem.

Bristol City under Nigel Pearson battling for promotion.

Mick McCarthy doing likewise at Cardiff.

Ipswich romping to the League 1 title under Paul Cook.

Three of those 4 managers we could have  realistically got when we appointed Pulis. Instead our halfwit owner chooses to wait until March to appoint a League One manager with zero promotions to his name.

Ours will be anything but fantastic with the current setup still in place.

This 100%.
8-10 players moving out.

A cheap new squad of strangers. 
Points deduction.

League one opposition at S6 for PL prices, in a ground we don’t own.

It’s gonna be a struggle & it’s gonna beshit. 
And I’m an optimist! 😂🦉⬆️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

What makes you think we will be anywhere near the top end of the league 1 table?

To get out of lg1 it's all about, playing as a team and desire. Sure quality helps but not like you can attract to much of that based on our set up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Instead our halfwit owner chooses to wait until March to appoint a League One manager with zero promotions to his name.

I think right at the moment  promotion isn't really on the agenda.

Darren Moore showed, with Doncaster, that he could put together a team that is competitive in League 1. And quite honestly, that should be our short term priority. Lets just stop the rot and try and turn a corner. We can worry about promotion, and whether DM is the man to achieve it, later on.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

This 100%.
8-10 players moving out.

A cheap new squad of strangers. 
Points deduction.

League one opposition at S6 for PL prices, in a ground we don’t own.

It’s gonna be a struggle & it’s gonna beshit. 
And I’m an optimist! 😂🦉⬆️

I'm an optimist as well and I'm confident with the right players moved on, some decent signings, under performance by the experienced league 1 squads and DM managing to his very best we can reach mid table next season.

I intend to put £10 on Wednesday not to lose a league game all season if we go to League One.

Some may laugh, but I can't see next season anything other than a walkover, promoted by February.

• Haha 3